In the night garden...

botanics

Day 34 Flower (Day 6 10.5/13.5)

Well good afternoon peeps, time for an update on the night garden and reveal what's been occurin'.

This past week I have upped the nutes to 3.5 ml/l for the BK's, the SA's have remained on 3 ml/l, they are all continuing well with the bloom (apart from BK 5 which I'll go into a little more detail with the pictures).

Temps have been stable at 23 C on and 20.4 C off (roots at intake), Aromas are developing well and these do stink :yep: Coupled with that obviously is a noticeable increase with trichome production and if any gets on the fingers, then for hours it can be detected.

They have complexed aromas to be fair and they are all individual, SA 3 is quite lemony, SA 5 the missus informs me smells very Ammonia, SA 4 in between the two. BK 3 is fruity/skunky and so does BK 5 (although her aromas are not as strong) BK 4, well she's my favourite aroma of the BK's, total spicy, earthy and deep scent with hints of fuel in there too :D

So, I'm not going to ramble on too much, best get on with the show :yep: (some of the photos have come out a bit blurry today folks so my apologies, it's just because I'm reluctant to use flash as it bleaches the colours and today's natural light is shite so exposure time was too long for my shaky hand held skillz no doubt)

First up is BK 3, as stated I've upped the food to 3.5 ml/l and she's getting on with her bloom well enough

med_gallery_13604_11040_191336.jpg

Next up is BK 4, she is my new favourite of the BK's (used to be 3) I'm really happy with this pheno, the buds are stacking well, they are getting dense, her aromas are to die for and she's happy.

med_gallery_13604_11040_451472.jpg

Final one of the BK's is 5, she really is lacking this girl, not putting out much of a bloom, aromas not too strong and she's taking up room for very little show, was looking at her closely today and it appears that she's just starting to show a Mg desire so next feed she'll be getting a dose of epsoms. (My apologies for this pic it really is blurry)

med_gallery_13604_11040_28672.jpg

So we move on now to the SA's and first up is SA 3, I've got to say I'm really pleased with all the SA's they are blooming well, excellent structure to the bud formation and weighing up too, trichome production is also excellent and my they do stink.

med_gallery_13604_11040_212406.jpg

Up next we have SA 4 and again excellent formation and bloom

med_gallery_13604_11040_510441.jpg

Final individual photo and last but not least we have SA 5, as the other two again she is blooming well

med_gallery_13604_11040_293457.jpg

Not very sharp photos I'm afraid peeps but at least the development can be seen once again, my apologies.

These next shots are of them grouped together, first we have them with lights on and the SA's are at the rear with the BK's at the front.

med_gallery_13604_11040_549778.jpg

A bit closer looking towards the left

med_gallery_13604_11040_842157.jpg

And now looking towards the right

med_gallery_13604_11040_934752.jpg

Final three photos for this entry but this time without the Sodium glow, the 3 BK's in the front (BK 3 left, BK 4 centre and BK 5 right) with the SA's at the rear

med_gallery_13604_11040_37186.jpg

closer in looking left (BK 4 bud in the fore ground with one of the lanky SA buds at the rear)

med_gallery_13604_11040_925722.jpg

And finally looking rightmed_gallery_13604_11040_437270.jpg

Fortunately the group shots came out a bit sharper due to having to use the flash so hopefully is a little clearer than the individuals and bud development is clearer.

Well that all for today folks and thanks for watching :yep:

• Like 8

@@botanics im on 3 weeks flowering.. is it necessary to change lighting time or should i run all the way through on 12/12?

by the way your plants look great, very good use of space

• Like 2

The fun is well and truly switched to maximum in the night garden.

Looking splendid my good man. You won't be able to move for buds when these are done.

Hats off to you,don't know how you cope with the six. I just about cope with 2 lol.

Top work @@botanics

• Like 2

Loving the use of space and the even Canopy ya have there Botanics :)

Thanks mate, they were supercropped on the switch and also a second supercrop about a week and a half later, the SA's have a few taller buds but considering the varied phenos, canopy evenness isn't too bad, just have to rotate them often like for even light distribution ;)

@@botanics im on 3 weeks flowering.. is it necessary to change lighting time or should i run all the way through on 12/12?

by the way your plants look great, very good use of space

No you don't have to reduce the light hours less than 12 if you don't want to mate, I'm doing it as when I flipped it was being discussed as to the merits of GLT for veg and diminishing light hours for flower, so I decided to do a diminishing light schedule on these (my cherry at doing so) ;)

The fun is well and truly switched to maximum in the night garden.

Looking splendid my good man. You won't be able to move for buds when these are done.

Hats off to you,don't know how you cope with the six. I just about cope with 2 lol.

Top work @@botanics

Thanks Sy, yeah fun times ahead mate, they are fattening up, but oh man it's slow going now at this stage, just want them to really nug up and get to the chop time :)lol

Thanks for looking in guys :yep:

• Like 3

Hi mate did you take cuts as it looks like you have several phenos of the bk and I would definitely recommend if not cuttings then do a re-veg. There looks a couple of gems in there mate :)

Great detailed update as usual and thank you for the picture update very much appreciated.

All the best

D-M.

• Like 3

@ it is 7 hours of less electricity etc used and I've seen it in action with the old man. It work just as good as 18/6 Imo. Im just stuck on 18/6 and when I do fire back up I may put my timers on this light regime :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

ahh the gas latern thing.. hope it does well for you, i may try that next time

I didn't do the GLT mate, only the diminishing light for flower, will be running GLT after these are down and they'll be from clones of these :yep:

Hi mate did you take cuts as it looks like you have several phenos of the bk and I would definitely recommend if not cuttings then do a re-veg. There looks a couple of gems in there mate :)

Great detailed update as usual and thank you for the picture update very much appreciated.

All the best

D-M.

Oh yes indeedy mate ;) I took 2 cuts from each, except BK 5, got one from her (not sure whether I'll keep her though and will wait until the smoke test) 6 have rooted and are now in 3 inch starters and the remaining 5 are in the prop (they've been very slow to root but I had to take these cuts 2 weeks after the flip because I threw my first lot of cuts out after stem rot on one of them).

I Intend to keep one of each strain for mums but considering the variants I may keep more, but early days yet and need to evaluate after a cure and smoke really.

What I will be doing is after these come down, I'll see where I'm at with the keepers and then run the un chosen ones to flower, keeping the keepers back for bonsai mums, then I will run one full cab with one only pheno (SOG)

Well that's the plan anyhow, but still there's beans to crack and other strains to grow lol I'm gonna need to get my new groom done I think lol

• Like 5

Looking tidy in here butt... :stoned:

Cheers mucker ;) I do try like, first time running 250w and I'm surprised at how well only 250 can do (always 600 in the past) Thanks for dropping in :yep:

@@botanics I hear you about the speeding up,chop can't come quick enough lol, then I can introduce the ak to the MH,then take cuts. Like you I want a mum or two.

Have you taken any Sy ? (What I did mate, because I've only got the one cab was use a cardboard box, cut some slots and rigged a bar with three CFL's on it, wired up to a plug and jobs a good un :yep: Will put a photo up tomorrow so all can see ;)

Very nice botanics matey, things are looking tight in here :v:

Thanks bud, means a lot when you guys can see the love and attention I'm putting into these girls :yep:

• Like 4