auto's for me to smoke

green_ste

i just want to start by giving a missive thanks to all at dinafem for letting me try your seeds.

im not much of a grower compared to alot on here but i get by and im happy with that. i've grown a couple of auto's before nothing special but i was happy enough with them but i will try with these seeds.

i was given 10 seeds from dinafem. i picked 5 kush n cheese and 5 white widow xxl. i am growing 2 of the white widow xxl's in my back yard the diary for this can be fount here http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=357518

at the moment due to space in my veg tent i can only grow 2 auto's in there but i shall continue with this diary until they are all grown out.

so the seeds

dinafem auto's

here's a read up for you folks
im starting off with 2 kush n cheese seeds. i dropped 2 in a cup of water on friday night

kush n cheese auto

they spent the night in the airing cupboard. the following day i got my starter pots ready and filled them with biobizz light mix.

getting pots ready

i poked a small whole and placed 1 seed in each pot and covered it with a black bag and secured it with a eleastic band and placed them at the bottom of my veg tent.

2 for kush n cheese

ive always done this with my seeds and i get good germination, i checked them after 24hours and noticed that they was poking out.

kush n cheese a & b

this is from a few hours later

kush n cheese a & b

there home is a dr120 tent with 6inch extraction and its got passive intake. i got a 600w digital ballast and duel spec bulb but im running it at 400w to control temps and i put the light on 20/4 hours.
thanks for looking in folks
Edited by green_ste
  • Like 7

Thank you for getting this grow log up so quick and it a 2 for 1 which is always great.

Did your autos germinate any faster than your photoperiod strains?..

Things look great

Ill pop in as and when

All the best

D-M.😨

• Like 1

Did your autos germinate any faster than your photoperiod strains?

I must admit they poped up quicker than I fount with any photoperiod I tryed.

All in all I'd say 48hrs from seed to a wee small plantlet.

Thanks for stopping by d-m bud

i think things are ticking away nicely with these 2 kush n cheese girls.

kush n cheese before pot up

as i know auto's dont like being potted up regular i decided to do it yesterday.
i went to the grow shop to pick up a fresh bag of bio bizz all mix and a bag of coco pro plus.

all mix n coco

and a fresh new duel spec bulb

new bulb

i mixed around 30% coco to the all mix and potted up the plants to a 7ltr pot
here's plant (a)

kush n cheese (a)

and plant (b)

kush n cheese (b)

they have only been getting normal tap water so far.
thanks for looking folks
  • Like 5

Best of luck with your latest adventure.

do you notice much difference by addin the coco to the mix?

• Like 3

@@bigbadbillybob thanks for looking in bud.

To be honest I've never added coco before. I'm doing it this time because on the description it say's to add 30% of coco in soil.

So I thought I'd try it and see how they do.

• Like 2

cool.

Ive been thinkin about doin the same, addin some coco to the mix, and i suppose the coco would add allow a little bit more oxyjen to the roots, and help retain the moisture in the medium.

in fact ive 4 cheese xxls jermin just now, ill try it with them

Hope it helps..

• Like 2

Im in co co with some stones at the bottom for drainage..so far so good and bringing them in of night

good luck

Love

Arthur

• Like 3

I've bought a couple of blocks from the pound shop, mainly for when I build my wormery but might mix a bit with some compost too, will keep a chair in the corner for this one @@green_ste as you progress I don't know much about these autos and heard their great for a quick turnaround if out of smoke etc.

• Like 3

@@botanics same here a very good friend got me 5 blocks for just over £3 for 50l. Looks good, very clean when water added and expands great :) @@arthur lee thank you for letting us know about the coir blocks..

All the best

D-M...

• Like 2

@@botanics pull up a chair bud n skin up. Roll it pure tho bud. I only tryed auto's once before n that was way back when skunk forums was up n running. Thought I'd try them again because n it the truth me n the misses is thinking of going for adoption. I'd need to move my tent if so and I'd only be able to grow auto's if we do.

So thought I'd give them a good try.

• Like 1

@@bigbadbillybob give it a go bud, I've used just bio bizz soil for donkeys but after I mixed up some coco it did look and feel much airier so hoping for some good results.

In fact when I was in the grow shop they tryed to flog me a coco/soil mix but I declined.

• Like 2

ive just potted up some critical a vertijo and critical jack with soil coco mix. .

Let the show commence.

• Like 1

gosh aint the week flown by

my 2 kush n cheese plants are doing really well so far.

heres plant (a) she is a good inch taller than plant (b)

kush n cheese (a)

and heres plant (b)

kush n cheese (b)

they both have just been getting a good drink of water when they need it and ive put plant (a) a bit closer to the light in hope to control her height.
im guessing tho as cheese is a sat dom plant that plant (a) will be more cheese dom which is a good thing altho i love my kush weed.
thanks for dropping in folks
  • Like 2