Another self build from Crystal Warrior

Aurora Ruderalis

@@Greenmarine cheers bloke! Aye she is as frosty as anything... Even fan leaves have a frost edge to them....

:lookaround: Its because I sing to her.....gently....

• Like 1

:rofl: :rofl: i'll have to try that. Is there a particular melody that works ?? Edited by Greenmarine

Definately the last pics before the chop....

Awful pics as well....i dream of taking good bud shots...

gallery_63935_9726_278605.jpg

one day,

Another bad pic but you can see whats going on....

gallery_63935_9726_62082.jpg

and the need to be random overcomes me for a final pic...

gallery_63935_9726_56305.jpg

gone in seven days....

Edited by crystal warrior
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks seems a shame to get this far and not post the last episode. I knew from the start I only had so long. Think they got about 55 days.... Time pressure called for a chop but at least I know the setup works! Been trying in vain to post pics but the last three in my gallery, the three most recent show the result. So go and have a look and if anybody can be arsed by all means post the pics. Another fifteen days would have helped but hey Ho....Peace to all.

Crystal..

Oh yeah, despite of not knowing the strain a cheeky smoke report. It's a racy multitasker, like using Google Chrome for the first time, lots of pages open at once. And racy due to early chop. Taste sweet and sour grapefruit. That was a cheeky fast dried bit..

Peace to all

Crystal...

Thanks for looking..

• Like 1

gallery_63935_9726_180992.jpg

I done it! I done it! On my phone.

Not bad for a technophobe....

Oops done it double...

Edited by crystal warrior
  • Like 2

Amazing inventive set up, well done. How did you light proof the vents, cooker hood filter material? Atb

Edited by the crow

@@the crow thanks for your kind words! No just two pc fans between the creche and flower room now fitted with a light baffle. The intake is passive at the back of the creche and uses a cartridge style cooker hood c/f to stop any smells permeating out. The idea is that the creche is lights on when the flower room is lights off, so it is gently warming the flower chamber at lights off. I admit I had to run it this way despite having nothing in the creche but it done wonders for the night time temps. The warm air hits the big tall pot I flower in giving excellent soil temps. The air is then drawn up and out via the 4" thermostatic fan finally passing through the big cf.

This is housed in the top right locker which has a 2" x 4" vent in the ceiling to prevent positive pressure. Ie the extracted air has some place to go! Hope this makes sense. Thanks for stopping by..

Crystal

• Like 1

Ah seen your edit. Found little mesh fruit punnets that are covered in foil on the top and both sides. The bottom face is bare. The open part of the punnet fits perfectly on to the p.c. Fan. Then I done the same on the other side of the "wall" but gaffa taped them on. The air passes through the bottom face, through fan and again through the bottom, face down bit.

Imagine a mirror image of a bottomless box. Best as I can describe. @@the crow

Thanks for explaining that Crystal Warrior.

Yes I'm terrible for edits. Here's another one: So the air travels in an upside down U shape? That sounds like it would work in a slim baffle, good idea. I thought baffles had to be large so as to not impede airflow, especially with pc fans. Your knowledge is appreciated, and I will be using it soon for my own veg zone. Atb

Edited by the crow

gallery_63935_9726_180992.jpg

I done it! I done it! On my phone.

Not bad for a technophobe....

Oops done it double...

looks like the headband i did that does. :yep:

was my fave till cereal cloned the goodness out of it.

:sadwalk:

@@the crow make no mistake I reckon this set up, the upside down U, probably does impede, no definitely does impede the airflow but I rely 80" upon my 4" fan doing the work. The pc fans are I suppose right inside the U now and only assist in airflow. To give you an idea of this working, I didn't bother with a circulating fan last grow but could see the plants trembling in the wind...

But any kink, bend, or obstacle, will impede airflow. There is an absolute mint post on here with loads of brilliant info on airflow, ot1 put up some genius info.

Ever thought about how even plants can impede airflow? I didn't until I read it.

Well worth searching for...

Good luck...

Crystal

• Like 1

@ hey man excellent job well done ! Is there a link goin about to a fridge build ? It's something I was think of doing instead of a pc :)