Another self build from Crystal Warrior

Aurora Ruderalis

Not really sure where to start but here are the humble beginnings of my second stealth grow. Much time was spent trying to procure another fridge with more headroom. I simply cant say how well suited fridges are to growing. Insulated temps and sound, easy to create negative pressure, seal well to keep out smells, i have to admit there are many, many things to recomend them for stealth grows. However I was running out of time and patience, spotted these and went for it. Abs plastic

lockers from a skip at a deep sea dive centre.

On that subject I have researched abs a bit and it seems to be fine for growning in. Also fairly thermo stable, but that is MY research, I am not recomending you do this as such. Indeed I may well be wrong.

Thanks to those who followed my previous endevours. May the new chapter commence.

This, as always is to be observed not in an educational way as I learn from my mistakes, but more of a soap opera of growing manner. It is to amuse and inspire. That is my intention, there are many, many more growers out there with better information and better answers than I.

Best to point out that grow shops are a serious swim in any direction.

Mail order makes me sweat a bit too, hence my approach. Just in case folks start with the whole,

just buy a tent bit.....

Hoping that this is still relevant to this section..

Any how a few photos to post so less of the shoddy blurb....

For now..

gallery_63935_9726_16335.jpg

A game of four quarters. The two left hand quarters for bloom. Top right is the engine room. Bottom right will be mama and baby boudoir.

gallery_63935_9726_14996.jpg

Ceiling and floor removed from the two left quarters for headroom..

gallery_63935_9726_598.jpg

and pc fans added between the two bottom quarters moving air from mama room to bloom room.

Edited by crystal warrior
  • Like 8

Still lots of work to do, but not starting any more babies as I go on holiday in about fifty five days...Ahem..I know!!

gallery_63935_9726_17989.jpg

Potted up now in about a 12L pot now..

gallery_63935_9726_46921.jpg

That was taken about 12 hrs after potting up....

The two smaller ones were getting root bound and stressed a bit. One at the back clawing a bit..

They all look pretty healthy today. Were potted up a couple of days ago.

Will be hooking up the timer tonight and doing a bit of bubble wrapping for noise insulation.

Some extra info folks are bound to ask.

Soil, westland john innes no.3. gets better every time I buy it.

Bit of perlite in there but not much....

Few inches of well rinsed expanded clay pebbles on the bottom.

P/h of my tapwater is 6.5 allowed to breathe for a week at least.

Temps at lights on are about 23.2 and have not had a lights off read yet.

I expect lights off temps I will be able to control as air is coming from the mum room. That is why I linked the two regards air, to gently warm at lights off in the bloom room. Still expect a healthy enough drop at "night" though.

Nutes will as always be my achilles heel and have only domestic stuff available..

Thats all for now folks.....

Peace.

Crystal Warrior

• Like 7

So....whats been happening inside cystals dome?

Have the plants perished in his amateur hands?

Nope but temps are plummetting right now.

Low of 18.2 and high of 22.2 tops.

Much lower since I fixed all the air flow etc. and bubble wrapped the duct and fan.

Now using a huge pot for the 3 as you can see.

Its now a soil run to waste system.

I.e. mop the floor...

growth rate is excellent I feel...

but still just a wee tiny grow...

I will never get this done before I go on hols...

Good practice though...

fifty days to go..

should build the mother cab as it is meant to heat the flower room in my grand scheme....

just cant start any veg or mums...

Just a fun pic...gallery_63935_9726_42069.jpg Computer is slow as hell so not many pics at mo... Sorry folks.... gallery_63935_9726_110814.jpg would be more but this has taken ages!!!

• Like 1

@@Jimboo

Are u looking for a 150 jimboo? If so I recommend the mini-max. Had mine over 2 years, no problems

atb

stu

@@stu914 Yeah mate ive been temped to buy a 150w Floodlight for early veg but if horticultural ones are available i would prefer one of those

@@Jimboo

Its a dual MH/HPS, soft start ballast, (no relay needed) and I paid £150 from Britcrops in Portsmouth,

that was over two years ago and the price might well have changed since then. Worth every penny mate....

atb

stu

Google 'mini-max 150

Edited by stu914
  • Like 1

@@Jimboo

Its a dual MH/HPS, soft start ballast, (no relay needed) and I paid £150 from Britcrops in Portsmouth,

that was over two years ago and the price might well have changed since then. Worth every penny mate....

atb

stu

Google 'mini-max 150

@stu914 thats even better mate i always fancied adding a MH ... discreet packaging mate?

@@Jimboo

Thats either MH or HPS, (comes with one bulb, MH I seem to remember) I went into the shop so don't know about postage stealth,

They are pretty savvy so I would imagine their packaging would be good, I kitted out my grow op from there

and everything was in plain wrapping/boxes

• Like 1

Yep the mini max is great bit of kit @@Jimboo I picked mine up ex shop demo for fifty quid but would have happily paid full whack. Mine came down with a dual spectrum hps bulb. I think the bulb says mini max on it. Lovely cool smart looking ballast, nothing to fault at all....

• Like 2

@

Hi mate, I see the lockerdrobegrowshed is working, be interesting to see what the results are, keep on doing......

Just set my fridge up for the next run, got some beans from attitude, now have to decide which one first....decisions :g:

atb

stu

Great to hear from you, time pressure got to me a bit as I said before, was hoping to fit solid duct but had trouble finding the gear, could only find one bit of four inch round duct and no 90degree round bends. Was toying with the cooltubing the hood. I reckon the globe from a coleman petrol lamp looks ripe for use but that will be after hols. Will also be starting work on mother and baby unit soon. Are you still playing with those bomb seeds or what are your choices?! Meant to mention,

I have bubble wrapped the fan and duct which has done wonders on cutting down noise. As I was depressed from not finding duct I skipped a few aisles and bought a max/min in/out thermometer which has helped a lot. It is measuring high and low in the flower room and engine room.

Also spotted some reflective insulation material, will have built a fridge by the time the lockers are done!!!

All the best @@stu914

• Like 1

@

Yeah I been keeping an eye on your progress.. :ninja: ...Just got about 3oz thc bomb curing a week, I think this one will improve considerably with age.

Got some more of those from attitude, along with cream mandarine fast (sweet seeds), atomic bomb, royal queen critical....among the freebies

there is one called 'banana honey' new one on me but the breeders blurb looks quite good, (like the daily mail, I believe every word) :rofl:

atb

stu