Dinafem critical 2.0 auto

greenvigilante

Congratulations... Change as you get older becomes more and more difficult

You become a creature of habit and wrongly view anything new with scepticism

This is/was me regards auto's.. At first I thought them to be a fad...

My other conception ( after reading your diary.. Miss conception) was that with regular strains the longer the flowering period the better the quality

I've always tried to factor in the big three questions 1.length of flowering 2.quality 3.yields.. Some strains may allow you an extra crop per year etc

All said I'm impressed with your excellent insight into auto's and take my hat off to dinafem for there genetics and ballsy support for you throughout the journey

I'll stay with what I'm use too but will take a look at some new strains to add to my mother collection from dinafem

Well done again

Love

Arthur

When I first came across automatic strains around 7-9 years ago they were not very good. Since then the auto strains have come a very long way :) most of our new autos are 6-9th generation with 5+ years of testing and creating what "autos" should be. A fast flowering strain, that will flower under any light cycle and produce a decent yeild (2+ oz) :) compared to 7g from the 1st generation autos :).

You will find that growing is a learning experience and the longer a strain takes to flower does not necissirly mean better cannabis. Take our photoperiod critical+/critical+ 2.0 or our auto critical+ 2.0 which does seed to weed in 65-70 days longer if you veg the photo strain for longer can produce killer medicine in a fast time just as good as say our original amnesia which pheno depending can take 70+ days to flower + veg time and yes the medicine is great but critical works better for ME and allows me 2 more crops per year :)

All the best

D-M..:santa:

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

When I first came across automatic strains around 7-9 years ago they were not very good. Since then the auto strains have come a very long way :) most of our new autos are 6-9th generation with 5+ years of testing and creating what "autos" should be. A fast flowering strain, that will flower under any light cycle and produce a decent yeild (2+ oz) :) compared to 7g from the 1st generation autos :).

You will find that growing is a learning experience and the longer a strain takes to flower does not necissirly mean better cannabis. Take our photoperiod critical+/critical+ 2.0 or our auto critical+ 2.0 which does seed to weed in 65-70 days longer if you veg the photo strain for longer can produce killer medicine in a fast time just as good as say our original amnesia which pheno depending can take 70+ days to flower + veg time and yes the medicine is great but critical works better for ME and allows me 2 more crops per year :)

All the best

D-M..:santa:

That's aroused my interest ( not much does at this hour.. Believe me)

It's also dawned on me that theres an added versatility??

My veg room could be laid to rest... Well..eventually

No need to have separate areas or light cycles, mothers, clones or bringing on areas

Auto's would reduce energy plus the plant numbers... Plus make it easier to take a break

I've seeds( 5 th generation) produced off my own genetics.. I store just in case

The auto seed costs would be covered by making my veg room redundant.. Let alone the added bonus of two extra crops

It's now all about the quality and cosistency of the seeds?

Ok?? Maybe not all of my eggs will go in the one basket.. But..I'm impressed with the dinafem ( ballsy) approach

I will do a diary and see if it works for me?

Love

Arthur

Edited by arthur lee
  • Like 3

That's aroused my interest ( not much does at this hour.. Believe me)

It's also dawned on me that theres an added versatility??

My veg room could be laid to rest... Well..eventually

No need to have separate areas or light cycles, mothers, clones or bringing on areas

Auto's would reduce energy plus the plant numbers... Plus make it easier to take a break

I've seeds( 5 th generation) produced off my own genetics.. I store just in case

The auto seed costs would be covered by making my veg room redundant.. Let alone the added bonus of two extra crops

It's now all about the quality and cosistency of the seeds?

Ok?? Maybe not all of my eggs will go in the one basket.. But..I'm impressed with the dinafem ( ballsy) approach

I will do a diary and see if it works for me?

Love

Arthur

arthur ure point about veg room being redundant is the main reason i grow autos

i do not have room for a veg room/tent so was always lagging behind and maybe not getting as many grows in a year as i should

i tried autos about 6-7 years ago and wasnt impressed with outcome ect but i tried then again a few years i gave them a shot again and they blew me away

at the start i would give the non auto version of the auto i had just done to try and see if there was a difference but gave that up as there was no difference in final product

suppose its all about genetics and the companies u try

dinafem gave me an awesome return last grow with quality to add:) thats why ive descided to give there XXL range a go

• Like 1

Great grow greenvigilante.

I see your automated coco system there, how does it work?

well the plants are fed via a drip system out of a 200 litre resoviour basically the exact same setup as the saints guide but i didnt make my drippers i use the top spin dripper kit:)

i use the dripper kit to saturate the pots and between 10%-20% run off

the run off is caught by the pot stands and sucked away to a brain pot that pumps it to waste when its at a certain level

i got the kit here mate:)

Spam.com

it did cost alot but i wetn from being in the tent handwatering for 2 hours too filling a res once a week lol

great bit of kit and u can get smaller ones

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 2

That looks a handy bit of kit, thanks for that mate.

I hear you about taking forever to hand water, I don't mind when they're small and can be moved about but when they start to flower its a right pain in the arse.

Does that dripper kit soak the whole of the top of the pot?

I used the little black sprinkler type drippers on my last crop but they didn't soak the whole pot, I wernt happy with them and I ended up pumping the water out of the reservoir through a hose and then through some overflow pipe to reach the back ones which ain't easy.

This time, my plants are sitting on 1.2m square garland trays which are on blocks with a hole drilled in the bottom of the tray and a washing up bowel under that to catch the run off but I'm losing to much head height so i need to try something else and that system looks perfect.

I was debating to try autopots but now iv seen this, I might have to give it a go.

• Like 2

That looks a handy bit of kit, thanks for that mate.

I hear you about taking forever to hand water, I don't mind when they're small and can be moved about but when they start to flower its a right pain in the arse.

Does that dripper kit soak the whole of the top of the pot?

I used the little black sprinkler type drippers on my last crop but they didn't soak the whole pot, I wernt happy with them and I ended up pumping the water out of the reservoir through a hose and then through some overflow pipe to reach the back ones which ain't easy.

This time, my plants are sitting on 1.2m square garland trays which are on blocks with a hole drilled in the bottom of the tray and a washing up bowel under that to catch the run off but I'm losing to much head height so i need to try something else and that system looks perfect.

I was debating to try autopots but now iv seen this, I might have to give it a go.

the dripper kit doesnt soak the whole top of the pot mate but ive got 3 dripper going into each pot and using coco.

coco just acts like a sponge.altho the top may appear dry just below the surface the feed/water is evenly disruputed

i honestly cant reccomend these kits enough as it was either i bought one of these or go back to soil where i could water once every 3 days

i gave autopots a try and altho ive seen good results from them i didnt like the whole pot sitting in still water(even wth layer of pebbles)

drain to waste coco is where its at for ease and results

add to that advanced nutrients sensi coco grow/bloom ph perfect and forget about checking ph

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This was a great auto grow all around. What's the finished product like now dry & cured @@greenvigilante

All the best

D-M..

aaach mark honestly this is top quality green:)

the buds are just about the tightest ive ever grown.rock solid!

taste is real skunky musky type weed

i was getting sick of every bit of green i got being described as ooooh its fruity or citrusy lmfao

this was a top smoke ill give this a 9/10 would have been 10/10 if i had hit gpw:P:P:P:P

i dont think theres much i could ahve done to improve yield tho,wasnt the stretchiest plant in the world so even a scrog may not have produced more

tell u wot tho ill grow this again and again in the future defo one for saving:)

and in 65 days? pfft thatll do me

• Like 1

aaach mark honestly this is top quality green:)

the buds are just about the tightest ive ever grown.rock solid!

taste is real skunky musky type weed

i was getting sick of every bit of green i got being described as ooooh its fruity or citrusy lmfao

this was a top smoke ill give this a 9/10 would have been 10/10 if i had hit gpw:P:P:P:P

i dont think theres much i could ahve done to improve yield tho,wasnt the stretchiest plant in the world so even a scrog may not have produced more

tell u wot tho ill grow this again and again in the future defo one for saving:)

and in 65 days? pfft thatll do me

That's what we like to hear :) fast production, a great yeild and quality bud :bong: great job all around :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

That's what we like to hear :) fast production, a great yeild and quality bud :bong: great job all around :)

All the best

D-M..

cheers mark:) roll on the next one!:P

• 5 years later...

My 12 Critical plus autos(not 2.0)  are not flowering after 50 to 60 days,never saw anything like this ,should i bin them or try to force flower?

@Dinafem-Mark

Edited by Herbal Kint

18 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

My 12 Critical plus autos(not 2.0)  are not flowering after 50 to 60 days,never saw anything like this ,should i bin them or try to force flower?

@Dinafem-Mark

Bump

@Herbal Kint Mark has had serious professional and personal problems, which has forced him to take time out from the business for some indefiniite period. Try giving them 12 hours to  see if you were accidentally given photos. I think there's thread in the Dinafem forum about what happened.

Edited by catweazle1