Amsterdam 2014

whats_luring

Well I got back yesterday so thought i'd share my experiences and thoughts, fwiw:)

I went with a mate who has never been and only been smoking for the last couple of years and he was impressed with all of it, the smoke, the attitude, the culture and the city itself, and I saw aspects to amsterdam I didn't appreciate during previous visits, so just from the point of being a nice place for a bit of a break away, it's a nice place to go.

Right that's the cultural commentary over, now for the weed/coffee shop reports!

Arrived at midday and straight out of the station and across to voyagers, my first time in here, and had a g of the amnesia haze, which was pretty flavoursome, and was a pretty strong smoke. It absolutely floored my mate, who came very close to throwing a whitey in his first coffeshop, bless him! So after a bite to eat and checking in, we stayed just off the damrak, we went to kadinskys, which has the coffeeshop on one side if the alley and the smoke friendly bar opposite, which is great for me as I love a cold beer while I smoke. First I bought a g of LA kush, which was the worst purchase of the trip, no real high and a bland taste, but the bar was a cool hangout with great music and an older crowd, which we liked so we stayed and bought a g of diamond haze, not bad, and a g of the Sufi hash, which was a welcome change from the weed we'd been smoking for a fair few hours at this point. The weed was just about acceptable, the hash was much better. Later that night on the way back to our acom we stopped at barracka and bought a g of the Chocolope, which was again, acceptable, but nothing to get excited about.

So the second day saw us head over to Haarlem, a welcome change from the hustle and bussle from the dam. First off to birdys, and a g of the white widow, i fancied a trip down memory lane, but didn't get one. Again it was acceptable but that was it. The cream hash however was an absolute knockout smoke, great taste and really got you in the legs, as in, not really working properly!:) loved it in here, nice vibe, friendly locals and good music. After a walk round other parts of Haarlem, which is a beautiful little place, we went to willy wortels and had a g of enemy of the state, and this was the best weed of the trip, euphoric and rushy high leaving you nice and chilled after about an hour. That's was it for buying, we now had a bit of a backlog to try and get through before leaving the following day so back in the dam headed back to the kadinsky bar and smoked a few cocktails of the strong hash and the mediocre weed. There were more coffeeshops I'd like to have tried, but time and our ability to consume what we had bought were against us:(

However, my gf has said she'd like to go in the new year, so I will try and get round to those at some point.

Overall I enjoyed the trip. The last time I went was over ten years ago for a lads weekend away, and I don't think amsterdam itself has changed, I think I as a person have matured and see and want different things. Yes it's nice to have a beer in a bar whilst smoking a j, but when you've done it you've done it, and yes you prob are smoking better weed/hash at home, especially if you're growing, but it's still a cool place to go, just not if the smoke is the sole purpose of your trip. Anyways that's my report, hope anyone else going has a fab time, cheers.

• Like 8

i ain't been for about 6 years the last time i went they was doing up the footpaths and canels so it will be good when i go back next week to see how it's changed.

i get there on friday just in time for a birthday smoke and drink

Just read a few of you are going to the cup, I'll be there as well, are you guys meeting up anywhere? Starting to really look forward to it as I've had a hell of a year so this is just what I need :)

Hey serpent I arrive in the dam tues 25th in the morning and will be going to the cup that day so if you or anyone else wants to meet up at the bluebird say 12 midday that would be cool.

• Like 1

Just seen this announcement regarding expo location -

Expo Location is fixed!
"We can finally announce the venue for the 27th Cannabis Cup:
Radion Amsterdam, Louwesweg 1, 1066 EA Amsterdam
Our apologies for the delayed information. The city of Amsterdam has tightened their regulations on certain events particularly those involving cannabis and cannabis products. We have been working closely with the mayor’s office to make this event happen in line with these new guidelines.
Here are the new rules that we must follow:
1) Expo attendees and those working the booths will only be allowed up to 5 grams of personal cannabis or hash.
2) Security will be on hand to search bags and back bags and will confiscate amounts over the 5 grams.
3) Solvent-based cannabis extracts are not legal under Dutch law. You will not be allowed to bring shatter, wax or torches into the Expo.
4) Vendors are not allowed to distribute or share cannabis or cannabis-related products with the attendees. The mayor’s office is strictly enforcing this NO cannabis distribution law -- to smoke at the Expo you will need to bring your own."

No solvent extracts or blow torches allowed inside expo :soap:

Ill save my money

:haveadab: .

Fuck the cup! No torches or proper extracts allowed, means no KBR at cup. :rofl:

I have a feeling some coffeeshops are gonna moan when we all show up and start a dabbing session.

• Like 1

from Grey areas facebook
URGENT NEWS!!! (Stay tuned for updates on this!)
We just got word that the Radion venue where the Cannabis Cup 2014 would be held had its licence revoked. The organisation are now looking for a new venue!
IMPORTANT PRE-REGISTRATION CHANGE:
Early registration will begin at Coffeeshop Amnesia on Friday 11/21 and Saturday 11/22 from noon - 5pm and expo doors open Sunday 11/23 at noon.
Amnesia is located at:
Herengracht 133
1015 BG Amsterdam

What a shame the expo was cancelled..anyone know the exact reason why it was cancelled.i heard a lot of stories there and wanted to wait till I got home to look into it.

I had a good time though ...I only had a day ticket ..I assume there will be no refunds either?

• Like 1

Here is some pics taken by my friends @ South Concentrates of the cup entry hashes this year along with the winner Super Lemon Haze Cream.

Cup entry hash

super lemon haze cream

I had the pleasure of sitting & having a few dabs of Paris OG Shatter Dab Vader by Oasis Medical Seeds , those guys had the slabs & took 2nd place :yep:

If im honest i preferred the Tangerine Haze/Jillybean mix shatter made by TC Labs, by far the best flavor, real real fire :notworthy: This kid didnt even get placed but had the best i seen all week, i tried all of his others too but dont remember the names :stoned:

I never got to try the live resin run by DNA that placed 3rd but would have liked too after doing a live run myself for the trip.

The buds were mediocre but that was to be expected, the best i paid for was Ceres Hilton from Original Dampkring, Greybone from Grey Area and the OG Reekin from Green Place which was v similar to the Greybone.

:yinyang:

Edited by Glasto

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone with a day ticket for the expo that did not get a chance to use it can be refunded

Just drop evenbrite an email with the ticket number

• Like 1