Amsterdam 2014

whats_luring

The Mellow Yellow that you see now has nothing to do with the earlier shop of that name. I'm not quite old enough to remember the original, but I do hope it was better than the one that's now there. Mediocre at best.

All the closings are shite hypocrisy, though. To be replaced by bars. Yep, that'll protect the kiddywinkles.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brand_X

I didn't realize people could still buy cannabis in Amsterdam. I remember seeing something on TV a couple of years ago about cannabis cafes being off-limits to tourists. Is that still the case and they just turn a blind eye?

It never was the case in most of the Netherlands. Only around some of the borders like Maastricht still ban tourists but the locals are up in arms because crime and street dealing has rocketed :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Dam (and a few days in Copenhagen too - Christiania & pusher street highly recommended). Best place I found to buy in town was Boerejongens on Utrechtestraat - its set up like a dispensary, and you cant smoke there, but the quality and prices are top. The White Choco hash is fab (and 8.50 a gram). Buy there, and go round the corner to Barney's Lounge to use their volcano! They also have an arrangement with a local bar that you can smoke in, but I didn't try that.

In Christiania, prices are around 60 Kroner a gram for Hash - thats about 8 Euros - but cheaper the more you buy, and no 5g limit!

• Like 2

Go to dampkring un buy a shit load of lavender kush, katsu for a load of crystal clear and take both to zaandam (10 min on train) and get yo'self to coffeshop headlines. Open all day and most of the night, cheap drinks and local hospitality.

• Like 3

Glad you had a good time. I've just got bk too mate, there was a lot of dead weed about though tbh and the find of the trip was the first thing I bought, only went in the doors as it was the first coffeeshop I saw but there Morrison Haze was lovely.

I absolutley love it there but definately has changed since my first trip yen years ago. Still been twice this year and I'm off again at the end of October....

Yes agreed its not the same as it once was - a couple of pals lived there in the 80s, before the bud tourism was so intense, and boy could we tell some tales of times gone by! Most of the big name city centre places are very pricey and not very friendly, and I had to fight off the pickpockets in Amnesia, but if you check where the locals go, there is good weed and great hash to be had.

The bike tours are fun, and break the day up a bit, and that pub under the windmill is a great afternoon hangout. I'm looking forward to my next trip already!

• Like 1

Glad you had a good time. I've just got bk too mate, there was a lot of dead weed about though tbh and the find of the trip was the first thing I bought, only went in the doors as it was the first coffeeshop I saw but there Morrison Haze was lovely.

I absolutley love it there but definately has changed since my first trip yen years ago. Still been twice this year and I'm off again at the end of October....

I was there last week and the morrison haze was the 2nd gram of the trip a bought, it really is a nice a smoke slight bubblegum flavours going on, gave me a really nice effect for the day

I'm off again at the end of Oct, looking forward to it. Been many many times and am in love with the place.

Anyone found a place that sells good quality Nepal Temble Balls?

It's my personal favorite hash :smoke:

• Like 1

I'm off again at the end of Oct, looking forward to it. Been many many times and am in love with the place.

Anyone found a place that sells good quality Nepal Temble Balls?

It's my personal favorite hash :smoke:

Pretty sure I tried some of that in the grey area which was good, was about a year ago now though..

I'm heading over tomorrow and can't wait :)

• Like 2

Forget the indian/asian black/dark hashes they're all fake, you're much more likely to find a good quality North African blonde as the trade is more with these regions.

My advice is find somewhere that does bulk deals and buy in about half oz of cheap, good tasting (not strong) weed and a gram of ice-o-later hash to bump up the strength of ya joints. Otherwise most of the time you'll be smoking powerplant or some other bland dutch money crop passed off as liberty haze or quasar or some other shit. Four times to the dam so far and only got properly stoned once! 2010 Neville's haze in the bluebird. Since then they've restricted top level thc content and nothing has got us high like homegrown uk skunk (including all the concentrates available!)

• Like 1

been visiting for over 20 yrs, and its got progressively worse year on year

such a shame but lets hope other cities become more accepting as the financial concerns tighten their grip.

ive read varied reports from spain & the czech republic, both having their charms

Edited by eurasian_farmer

You lot must be visiting a different Dam to me and my mates lol. We get absolutely annihilated and always find good weed

Stop moaning, go with a positive attitude and if you are a penny pincher just don't bother going. You are in a capital city for Christ's sake :)

Dam for me is a brilliant time

Owd

• Like 7