Warm exhaust air and getting caught

easyone

Hi easyone, go back to page one and carefully look through my first post, This discusses my reasons for running your lighting hours through natural night time hours. In it you will see that I also mention that the Law avoids unnecessary flying of helicopters at night because it's very expensive. Their not going to go out at night time to look for unusual heat signatures coming out of peoples chimney pots. They can do this far more easily during the day. Think about it, a hot summers day and all that heat belting out of a chimney pot? Much safer to run a night.

There's nothing more I can say on this subject now.

Kind Regards

English Oak.

Hay English noted your points on running through natural night time hours and agree with 100%, I'm trying to cover all the bases as we often get a heli moving around us on an evening.

Don't worry about it. I grew for years with 1 x 600 with no extraction, no carbon filter, no intake. All I did was grow in a spare room and leave the door open in the day to let some air in, closed it up completely at night. And to boot I had two coppers in my place on two separate (non-weed related) incidents without getting caught, and it stank here! Mate, you're talking about 1 600w lamp. Do you know how much it costs to send a chopper up to look for your 'candle'. I can understand your worry, but seriously, take it from the good folk here it's fuck all to worry about.

Since joining here I still grow with 1 x 600w but I have intake and extraction and carbon filter. I draw in from the house and vent into a room with the window on safety slightly open. No worries. Condensation I would say isn't there until the girls get big late in flower and it gets real cold outside. But even with that it's no big deal. That's my experience. There's loads of others doing the same too I expect.

If it's still a worry for you then think of going guerrilla. Or invest in an air con dehumidifier, but there expensive to run. All for 600w of light? Don't even let it in to your head man.

• Like 1

Don't worry about it. I grew for years with 1 x 600 with no extraction, no carbon filter, no intake. All I did was grow in a spare room and leave the door open in the day to let some air in, closed it up completely at night. And to boot I had two coppers in my place on two separate (non-weed related) incidents without getting caught, and it stank here! Mate, you're talking about 1 600w lamp. Do you know how much it costs to send a chopper up to look for your 'candle'. I can understand your worry, but seriously, take it from the good folk here it's fuck all to worry about.

:doh::nope:

just gonna have a quiet laugh at this one... Ridiculous.

forma.

What's so funny? You think that growing with 1 600w is a big deal?

I grow with just one. I'm basically saying there's nowt to worry about with using just one lamp.

Most of the stuff you've quoted me on is background info and not advice btw

Edited by greatwhiteshark

I've just spent hours trying drawing a diagram that I wanted to upload to this thread, unfortunately I don't have the 'My Gallery' option in the drop down box so I tried to upload a link to a photobucket account but this forum didn't like it and threatened me with early bedtime without any supper, so I'll describe it below.

Basically I cannot vent into a chimney, as I don't have one, and I can't vent out through the window due to neighbours, so instead of venting straight into the room I thought of venting into a large water butt, which would have a stainless steel mesh screen under the vented lid, to catch the water droplets and allow the air out. Could even stick a charcoal filter in too, as I know how to make a basic one and can easily get the bamboo to do it.

Question is, will it work or have I missed something blindingly obvious?

I do like the idea, as it means I can have a tap on the water butt and can then reuse the filtered water on the fussy house plants.

I've just spent hours trying drawing a diagram that I wanted to upload to this thread, unfortunately I don't have the 'My Gallery' option in the drop down box so I tried to upload a link to a photobucket account but this forum didn't like it and threatened me with early bedtime without any supper, so I'll describe it below.

Basically I cannot vent into a chimney, as I don't have one, and I can't vent out through the window due to neighbours, so instead of venting straight into the room I thought of venting into a large water butt, which would have a stainless steel mesh screen under the vented lid, to catch the water droplets and allow the air out. Could even stick a charcoal filter in too, as I know how to make a basic one and can easily get the bamboo to do it.

Question is, will it work or have I missed something blindingly obvious?

I do like the idea, as it means I can have a tap on the water butt and can then reuse the filtered water on the fussy house plants.

I dont see why it wouldnt work mate its just the same idea as a condensation trap for a tumbler dryer,Or you could be double sure and buy a tumble dryer trap for £15 and put it inside your water butt

Hadn't thought of that Jimboo and we've got a broken tumble dryer here that's waiting to be made into something useful. That's 3 bits of it reused, just have to decide what to do with the rest of it now :D

Edited by Wiggiz

if only running the one 600w light then i wouldnt be worried at all, especially vented into a nice cold chimney stack, were the air by the time it reaches the exit will be a lot cooler if not as cool if you not what i mean. Its like somebody already mentioned its like looking for a candle in the city from thr sky....

Leng

eta

dont know why the first 3 words qre like that or is it just my computer

Edited by leng

lol another one of these topics,

think how many things produce heat , then think how many nowadays are connected directly to a ducting system and vented out the top of hour house , out the side of your house through grills , even through soffitt grills. think how hot a 5kw convection panel heater gets in ten min mate unless ur lookin after ur house for a bunch of vietnamese people and u sleep amongst the plants i wudnt worry to much

• 1 year later...

Helicopters seeing heat from chimneys in the middle of the night is a potential red flag, as most people are sleeping at that time, plus it's easier for them to see the heat at the coldest time of the day, as it's a bigger contrast to the ambient temp.

The amount of heat and how fast it's moving is the give away.

It also depends on what area you live in and whether they are looking for grows around there.

And you get this infro from where exactly :sly:

Thats like saying when a boiler is vented out the roof or chimney that'll get clocked as well which is a load of shit.

My boilers never off at all in the cold weather I simply turn the heating down but leave it on 24/7 and its vented out the roof, the chimney was replaced by a metal chimney vent.

03 Metal Vent

I have something similar to that.

Edited by ELO
  • Like 3

I grow in my shed and vent through my dog kennel. The dogs love it with an ultra posh heated kennel. I never thought or worried about helicopters flying over.