Warm exhaust air and getting caught

easyone

All the water you pour into your plants, soil or hydro, will end up vented out of your exhaust. 20 litres per day say? Imagine spraying that inside one if your indoor rooms!

Not being argumentive but if that is the case how come normal house plants are ok to have in your rooms. They get watered. I'm genuenely interested.

Not being argumentive but if that is the case how come normal house plants are ok to have in your rooms. They get watered. I'm genuenely interested.

I never watered house plants in the scores of litres (sometimes 50l every couple of days) very often. Maybe a litre every fortnight

I think people need to take note of what ACR is saying. It's not a good idea to vent into a room in your house. Along with all the warm moisture coming from your grow room and having a window open to slowly disperse it, you will have to take the outside conditions into consideration as well. If it's cold outside and you've got the window open it's going to cause all that warm moisture to condense and over time and more than likely cause some serious damp issues inside the room it's self. I'd advise to have a re-think for proper extraction.

Kind regards

English Oak.

• Like 1

Sorry all not checked in for a day or too.

Thanks English some very good points there and I'm glad to say that's more or less how I run mine.

I was hoping that we might have a heating engineer with us and that he could tell me how to convert warm air to cool air, maybe run it through some type of heat exchanger.

When in flower I run a 600w light through a 8'' quality filter out for 1m and then I have a 6'' pipe pushing fresh outside air into it, hopefully cooling it a bit and then this continues for 10m and then out the chimney.

I tried venting it inside the house for a while, but I could smell it and got even more paranoid.

I'm just trying to cover all the angles as I don't fancy the early morning kicking in of my front door lol.

A rude awakening everyone would like to avoid. Is your main concern the heat (apart from the obvious of course)

Regards

English Oak

Hi SLH, No these kind of heaters produce dry heat (room would have to be very damp in first place to get condensation from a little electric heater) where as your extraction from your room contains warm moisture which will turn into condensation when exposed to cooler air.

• Like 1

To give a good example which works the opposite way round: When you have an intake fan running full speed pulling in nice cool air into your nice warm moist room you will see that there is a build up of condensation on the underside of the fan and any ducting attached to it. This is where the warm humid air in your room comes into contact with the fan and it's ducting and then condenses into water, which inturn can drip onto your nicely formed bud and in extreme cases if not caught early will cause mold. I control this by hanging guttering from the ducting to catch the drips of water. The guttering follows the line of the ducting (Including underneath the intake fan) at a slight fall to one end where the caught water drips in to a container in a space free of plants.

Hope this helps

English Oak

Edited by English Oak

Vent to outside. It's not a space shuttle launch, this, it's really basic. All the water you're pouring into your grow has to end up somewhere. If you're venting into a room (or your attic), then that's where it'll end up. You put 100l in over a week and it'll be in your bedroom or wherever.

Best exhaust it outside! :yep:

Edit, it's mould, not mold :g:

Edited by ACR

You're making me paranoid lol

thought open windows would be enough to counteract any issues like mold etc.

edit: i'm talking about mold forming inside a bedroom not on my plants btw

Mould's not fussy, if your giving it the right conditions (as well as your grow room) you can cultivate it anywhere, and that includes inside plasterboard, Old wall paper and plaster walls even.

Sorry guys I started the "mold" business.

Regards

English Oak

Edited by English Oak
  • Like 1

SLH, just to add to my last post, You have got one of the best sources of extraction available to you (venting through the chimney) Heat and moisture should be the last thing on your mind.

Regards

English Oak

SLH, just to add to my last post, You have got one of the best sources of extraction available to you (venting through the chimney) Heat and moisture should be the last thing on your mind.

Regards

English Oak

Sorry that post was aimed at easyone (still a bit early for me)

Yes English, it's the heat signature coming from the chimney and yes I know that is were it is meant to be coming from, but 24/7 summer and winter.

You only have to watch the police chase show's to see what that FLIR camera can see from the air.