Sickly Plants

Arnold Layne

My other Mum plant, a White Skunk, had a much whiter looking and fuller root mass. Sadly the photo went wobbly and its too late to take another.

Not sure about the Skunk - is she diseased? She has started to grow fairly well on top, and I have just pruned her back and potted her on.

Looking at that pic arnie it looks like some roots died or became diseased as some of the roots look discoloured and newer whiter ones have grown now. Well strange. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: All is looking much better; we have green looking plants with good looking yieldage; the only remaining prob: a certain "dry-ness" to the laeves, although they are keeping their colour, albeit with redenned stems.

The Skunk Mum with the dodgy rootball is recovering nicely. Is this an illusion OT1, do you think she'll retain the root probs? Should I replace her?

Also revising sterilisation routines.... fingers crosssed, I think we have the enemy on the run.

Hmm - update.

Well, things are OK-ish. Green and brittle, but yielding at least.

Now I have to throttle back on the mix - the Skunk is getting nute burn ffs! :unsure:

£15 a bag and expensive nutes - may contem,plate a change back to JI at this rate. Save some cash at least.

I raelly dunno what else to do - all was so good for a year and then suddenly, whammo!

i`d certainly consider a side by side comparison AL, JI/allmix & see if the problems reoccur or not :(

that JI is extremely heavy to go back to after using allmix right enough m8 :unsure:

Yeah, I started in JI so I have a good bank of memory to help me along. Not decided yet, probably continue for a while. Dunno though, hmmmm....

Stoner trying to make a decision?

;)

That's gonna happen soon, then. :)

a thought did cross my mind - mycchorhizal funghi preparations are being touted as universal panaceas - according to the Rootgrow site, its often injected into the earth surrounding the root systems of ailing plants, particularly trees - wonder if it'd be worth a twirl? :)

Edited by Vlad (the impala)

it says

" root 1 mycorrhizal fungi 100% organic 80ml selected strains of plant friendly fungi to multiply and supercharge the root system.

far too many words to type on the back :( I have a free sample lying on a shelf! want to try it?

says it is for soil coco helps nute uptake apparently.

I aint tried it myself.

i`ve used 4 sachets in comparison grows & i`d say its made a small difference to overall size of plant and rootball on each occasion :unsure:

i should really buy more :(

PoG leaf. Plant has been in its final pot for a week, and shows steady growth, but.....

What is going on?

post-127-1105449972.jpg