Sickly Plants

Arnold Layne

i've had similar symptoms on a plant which i attributed to powdery mildew. there was a very faint white "dust" on the shade leaves which looked like developing crystals (except too early and wrong leaves) and even after treatment the affected leaves went very pale and crisp. the petioles were still damp though when i tried to remove the affected leaves.

if nothing else has changed i'd always expect disease. this one sounds like a mould rather than a pest and it it will continue to spread through your stock.

i was recommended high ph water but i found it was stripping nutrients from the leaves so i've switched to Leavington Natures Answer bug and fungus killer. It's soap based and having spoken to the boys in the lab at Leavington, i'm convinced that it is safe for us. it's also killing the spider mites that have taken advantage of a sick plant to move in.

Arnold,

Here's another 'just a thought'...... You haven't been getting a little lax at measuring out the Biobizz nutes by any chance? It seems, from my little experience, that the bloom and grow, if over-fed, doesn't produce the classic nute-burn symptoms of yellowing leaf-tips but may well show the kind of symptoms you describe....

Any help?

Hi Arnie

I have exactly the same problem going on with my grow .

Its on the GD plants , they are vegg'd up on (weekly Mg+Fe mistings) allmix/grow , and bang on 3 weeks into flower (mg feed at day 10) get the same problem you have . (I did with the last grow as well)

The leaves begin to go green - illuminous yellow , with serious reddening of stems . it starts with the lower fan leaves on the plant gradually spreading its way upwards . (only seems to affect fan leaves) new growth is fine .

I have tried upping the grow (thinking N def) no good , tried mg thinking it was a hungry plant , no good , tried Fe on the last grow as well no good .

Whatever its def in , its got me beat . :headscratch:

(followed the ot1 grow shedual to the letter as well )

I'll post some pics up tomorrow when I get in from work .

Hopefully Soon

Edited by HopefullySoon

Tony2wheelsgood (as long as they're on a Fireblade or summat like, Yee - haaaaaaw); No M8, no moulds or anything. I am in the midst of a careful spider mite eradication/control regime and inspect every leaf just about every day. At the mo there is nowt, no critters, no dusty stuff like you mention.....

Nigfis - Yup, you may well have it there......., that plus the temp thing I think.

Bishie: I've told you man, Get yer own Vape lol (inhales huge mega lungful)

lol

lol no M8, I got little cups with lines on at every 2.5ml, dead easy to use even with my clumsy digits.

The vape is Mine, all mine ......... Mwahahahhahahha

:madvapingloonysmilieneededhere:

I have exactly the same problem going on with my grow .

273519[/snapback]

Looks the same as mine too, noticed on mine red stems then the leaves lighten, the veins loose colour before the rest of the leaf turns yellow. With an MG def noticed the veins lost colour later.

The leaves begin to go green - illuminous yellow , with serious reddening of stems . it starts with the lower fan leaves on the plant gradually spreading its way upwards . (only seems to affect fan leaves) new growth is fine .

I have tried upping the grow (thinking N def) no good , tried mg thinking it was a hungry plant , no good , tried Fe on the last grow as well no good .

Whatever its def in , its got me beat . :headscratch:

(followed the ot1 grow shedual to the letter as well )

273519[/snapback]

Same here and with no effect, pees me off because I can't understand what's happening. Given up trying to do anything to fix the problem now and hoping the plant survives flowering. lol

Be interesting Arnold if you get to the bottom of the problem, may help us other Biobizz growers, good luck. lol

Edited by binary

Gonna check some roots tonight M8

Unless I forget, which is always possible..... ho-hum......

lol lol lol

It's hopeless Bish... lol

Until someone breaks his grip on that Vappy-thang, he just don't care enough.. : lol

Roots - well, as you'd expect from what's on top, that is to say, not quite up to scratch. However, no sign of any health probs - there are roots, white roots, healthy looking but not quite up to the norm.

Hi guys

Few pic's of my problem ...... (sorry for the hijack arnold ) , I suspect its the same as yours so no point starting a new thread about it .

First pics : Full plant & Red Stem , Yellow leaf

Hopefully Soon

post-3539-1102489734.jpg

post-3539-1102489752.jpg

Edited by HopefullySoon

And a couple to show there isnt anything wrong with pistill formation / new sugar leaves

Hopefully Soon

Edited to add , this plant is 29/30 days outta 55 (alledgely) into 12/12

post-3539-1102489946.jpg

post-3539-1102489975.jpg

Edited by HopefullySoon