Uk420 community party.

Weird i'd clean forgot about this thread till earlier today when i watched that clip of Russell Brand in the other thread.

I briefly considered bumping it then but didn't and now somebody did it for me! Cheers! lol

We touched on politics in chat earlier today as well (the mps 11% payrise you probably already guessed!)

From some of the comments in the RB thread it would be interesting to revisit peoples thoughts on this subject? Has the past few months changed anything in anybody's opinion?

Anybody have anything to add? both new members and old?

Is revolution possible in our lifetimes?

Another funny coincidence, in my last post (maybe 10mins ago) i said to bigjohnny, nobody can change the past, but everybody can change the future. I meant it individually, as in each person and its true, but what about collectively?

If everybody wants change, then surely change must come....no?

Stop putting people in prison for cannabis. What a massive waste of resources with a real social cost.

Install very serious penalties for political corruption.

Take the media out of the political process.

Bring in PR

Make media open access rather than an extension of a corporate entity.

Stop trying to fix everything by printing more money.

Stop giving all our money to the bankers.

Short termism in politics has been destroying countries all over the world now for a long time. Politicians should be accountable for their policies AFTER they leave office.

For me politicians should come from and move among the people they represent. They should have no life of their own. They should die poor men and women. Lobbying, especially private lobbying should be punished by jail time. Everything should be in the open.

Our utilities should be owned and run for our own benefit, not for the benefit of a few wealthy investors.

Power should never be concentrated among the few, it leads to corruption.

Corporations should not be allowed to lie. The public relations industry should be broken up by prosecuting firms for telling lies with bigger punishments.

Geez, I could be here all day with this one. I'm going to come back to this topic later a few times I think....