Split from the What to do if our seeds disappoint you Thread

KingBlueRizla

DP's mazar is some of the strongest weed I've grown and smoked . They're a bit pricey but a clone will last you for as long as you can keep it .

God, don't get hung up over it , and grow regulars strains. :skin_up:

• Like 2

Guest yosser hughes

perhaps tony should give ewe 10 oz of primo buds if ewe aint happy i think whoever ranted at him,cant remember your name but hey come on get real as for the orange going herme we will see shortly, duw duw they get some herme`s and blame the seed bank,god knows what ewe done to them though i guess nothing wrong what so ever in your eyes but hey all is fair in love and war :rofl:

yosser p.s hey tony get your 10 oz ready for me i can feel a herme coming on like :rofl: :rofl: what an absolute load of bollocks ive just read,not my post but others :rofl:

• Like 1

Well I've never tried any DP strains myself, but you always know when you're in good hands when they are prepared to offer a service such as this, thanks for being here Tony. I've had bad experiences with THSeeds in the past with their shitty Burmese Kush and they never responded to any of my emails. So I'm gonna definitely browse your cat and see what all the fuss is about. Any recommendations anyone ? I love my sativa doms :smug:

• Like 1

Guest AutoPoter

Well I've never tried any DP strains myself, but you always know when you're in good hands when they are prepared to offer a service such as this, thanks for being here Tony. I've had bad experiences with THSeeds in the past with their shitty Burmese Kush and they never responded to any of my emails. So I'm gonna definitely browse your cat and see what all the fuss is about. Any recommendations anyone ? I love my sativa doms :smug:

same shit here wit TH BK :doh:

perhaps tony should give ewe 10 oz of primo buds if ewe aint happy i think whoever ranted at him,cant remember your name but hey come on get real as for the orange going herme we will see shortly, duw duw they get some herme`s and blame the seed bank,god knows what ewe done to them though i guess nothing wrong what so ever in your eyes but hey all is fair in love and war :rofl:

yosser p.s hey tony get your 10 oz ready for me i can feel a herme coming on like :rofl: :rofl: what an absolute load of bollocks ive just read,not my post but others :rofl:

12 hermies out of 20 seeds, from two packs grown several years apart in a grow room where plenty of other strains have been grown with no problems whatsoever, and countless reports on overgrow of the strain going hermie..... I've been growing for 13 years and OrangE Bud is the only strain i've grown to throw out true hermaphrodites like this. we aren't talking a few balls here and there, they were full blown hermaphrodites, and this was before the days of feminized seeds and the problems they brought. I'd say it's genetically related mate. don't go asking people for their experiences and then take the piss. :nope:

• Like 2

Too bad Tony wasn't around with this topic 5 years ago ......got their blueberry through Gypsy back then and all the seeds were immature ......needless to say none germinated ....tried to get the situation remedied with no luck ....DP never even bothered to get back to me about it so I got pissed and never bought anything from them again ......If I had gotten just a couple of plants from the seeds or some replacement seeds that would have been allright but to pay for a product and get absolutely fuck all in return just sets me off .......

Edited by morganna

Ach well we will find out soon enough im doin Blueberry and Orange Bud atm and see if they dinna hermie wi the treatment I give em. ;):wassnnme:

Hazy :skin_up:

Modern folks confuse horticulture with technology, and expect all seeds to perform like little Apple-Macs, totally the same and always doing exactly what the box says. I notice its folks with little or no general gardening experience who have most problems. Folks who have little if any idea about what a spade or a trowel is, or folks who have never germinated any kind of seeds before in their lives! First problem, and they throw flaming rocks at the seed~bank! It might be funny if it wasn't so pitifully childish and potentially damaging to other people's business.

I have issues about the use of fems in general, but in the interest of open and honest debate, I grew out two packs of DP Femmed seed. Dark Delight, and Ortega Indica. Why? Mainly because I was fed up with folks saying I had never grown them so could not comment in any way at all in the debate about their use, or in any talk about their integrity.

So, what did I learn? Well, the plants, all of them, grew perfectly, without any real issues at all. No hermies. Just the odd banana on the Ortega towards week 8 and 9, which resulted in 0 seeds. As in No seed at all. The DD juts grew to perfection. Both yielded slightly over my expectations, despite a battle with White Powdery Mildew ~ an environment issue, nowt to do with genetics.

I have two major complaints about Dark Delight. The first one is very serious, and I think Tony should address this matter and re-design the packaging. The problem? Too damned STRONG! Dark Delight is outrageous in its Strength. Potency wise, its a typical well selected indica line. The high is physical, narcotic, like smoking finest Opium with a little pinch of Acid thrown on top. I loved it, both as medicine and good fun drug, it really did have some medicinal value for me. Not as a pain "killer", but as a total distraction of mind, which is where all pain resides. Distraction is what I need, and its what I got. But the punch power, the Strength behind this potency benefit, was awesome. Its like a clout from Cassius Clay! But I prefer to have Marilyn Monroe soothe my brow!

Friends, who smoke just for the hell of it without any underlying medicinal needs, all found it "Far out, man"; My mate K, with over 50 years smoking experience, just said "Whoa!", and sat quietly with a nice Buddha like smile on his mush, uttering the odd but well timed line of wisdom and wit. Like him, I also have a lot of smoking weed experience both here and abroad. I've been smoking cannabis since 1968/9. I mention that so you know I am not a newbie without any tolerance or other such like issues.

I rated both strains at 7 or 8/10, and I'm a harsh judge. I have only one plant that scores higher and that's my original Blues cut Mother plant. She's my 10/10 Gold Standard, I judge every strain by her. Dark Delight, came very damned close on one pheno. With Ortega putting in a fine mid-field performance. DD let down at the post, by being too Strong!

My one major moan with both strains, however, would have to be that they are both femmed only. If ever DP release them as Regs, I'll be all over them for the DD, I can assure you. Maybe give it a go, next time? Or have you written the whole seed~bank off, for one small pack of seed? Hmmmm, not wise, if you have ;)

May your god/godess bless you and go with you. Is He or She or It a gardening deity? Mine planted a Corker, with all herbs being called "Good". :yahoo: But some daft naturist couple came an spoilt it, having an orgy of sex and guilt! Thankfully they got turfed out, but the damage remains :(

:rofl:

Good luck mate, I hope you find the seeds you needs.

• Like 6

Gotta admit this grow is the first time i have tried DP's seeds and the only problems so far have been all my own fault. lol

Hazy :skin_up:

Modern folks confuse horticulture with technology, and expect all seeds to perform like little Apple-Macs, totally the same and always doing exactly what the box says. I notice its folks with little or no general gardening experience who have most problems. Folks who have little if any idea about what a spade or a trowel is, or folks who have never germinated any kind of seeds before in their lives! First problem, and they throw flaming rocks at the seed~bank! It might be funny if it wasn't so pitifully childish and potentially damaging to other people's business.

I have issues about the use of fems in general, but in the interest of open and honest debate, I grew out two packs of DP Femmed seed. Dark Delight, and Ortega Indica. Why? Mainly because I was fed up with folks saying I had never grown them so could not comment in any way at all in the debate about their use, or in any talk about their integrity.

!

:rofl:

Good luck mate, I hope you find the seeds you needs.

Arnie, that was a very intelligent well written post and I could not agree more.

We have lots of 'Experts' who jump to the same conclusion every time.

As I already said the only nannas I have had were from a Mazar and the were regular seeds which I think I forgot to say.

I am not saying I have not had problems with fems, I have, but they were Sensi seeds early skunk, imo a shite strain , but yet I see many people rate them highly.

I would prefer to have regs always as they are what I know.

I have lost my line of thought now :skin_up::headpain: I think I was trying to say , is, we will all have a different experiences/opinions and we all make our own minds up, in the end.

A minority of people seem to get bad results , but the vast majority get good to great results, I think that says it all .

Fuck me, I am So Stoned.

C :yinyang:

C :yinyang:

• Like 1

I`ve had way more shitty plants from Barneys and Greenhouse than any other company, the only dodgy plants from DP i`ve had were plants from a hermied mother BB my mate grew, but then i was inexperienced and didn`t know the seeds would hermie, still, once i`d pinched out the odd sack i was left with great fruity colas.

I`m doing BB again now to satisfy my own curiosity, i will be honest in my appraisal of them, they are looking great so far, just one slight mutant, the rest normal so far.

• Like 1

I had some LSD from Barneys Farm. Very tall, stretched a lot. The buds were very thin and small. One of them produced no buds, just clusters of leaf, but was some of the tastiest leaf I have ever smoked.

I guess I have an apology to make. In the past I did say I tend to ignore trolls and their comments, I explained that they don’t actually change anyone else’s opinion. So I suppose I should apologise to Muddy Boots and Scraglor. Since their recent contributions two things have happened.

Firstly, I have had a number of mails saying that if I am prepared to give ‘Muddy Boots’ the time of day then they are quite sure I will treat genuine customers with respect and look after them in the (unlikely) event of them not being satisfied with their seed purchase. They feel more confident than ever to deal with Dutch Passion and try our genetics. What have they got to lose?

Secondly, and as a direct result of the trolling I have decided to expand our generous program of allowing people to try our seeds. So I expect there will be a LOT more diaries for the trolls to review and vex over. There will be seeds going to medical growers, as well as recreational growers looking to see for themselves what our Auto’s and traditional varieties can do. And there will be lots of them heh heh. Here at Dutch Passion we know that our seed collection has NEVER been as good as it is today and some of the good people on UK420 have seen that for themselves in 2012.

I would also like to say it has been great to see people giving their honest experiences of how they have found Dutch Passion seeds. Without the trolling we might not have had that feedback, so thank you to all of you that countered the prejudice and nonsense of Scraglor and Muddy with feedback based on genuine grow experience.

Admin has decided to split our sticky ‘customer service pledge’ (“what to do if our seeds disappoint you”) from this thread. I think that was the right thing to do, that pledge to our customers is something we take seriously and you won’t see many other of the ‘big’ seedbanks taking the time to come onto the forums, interact with customers, and give them guarantees like that. And our assurance of customer service remains for all to see, and just to repeat, if anyone is disappointed with our seeds just send me a PM about it. We will happily make things right. And now you can see why I prefer to deal with rare dissatisfied customers by PM, there is little to be gained by allowing the trolls to get over-excited - it doesn’t do them any good at all and no-one is influenced by troll comments anyway.

On a personal level I don’t feel any animosity to the trolls, I think in many cases they are a product of the unrelenting harshness that the world has shown to them. Their personalities (often hidden behind multiple online identities) reflect that. Anger, bitterness and exaggeration is what characterises them. Actually I wish them well and hope they can find some peace on their journey through life. Anger gets you nowhere and eats away. Peace rules supreme.

• Like 2