Drying nets , any good?

Guest bobbert

Sheet off paper on the floor a little shake will do it if you really need to have nearly every trick !

But tbh there's plenty left on my buds to worry about that .

I had thought about the trichs and was planning on sticking something on the bottom one to collect what I can, I think the loss will be minimal

• Like 1

I think this thread put me off drying nets. Was always a bit nervous about them as the buds are always touching something. For me that screams mold risk. I'm way too lazy to be bothered to be tumbling the buds in a drying net every day or two as well.

One of those wooden clothes hangers looks perfect. Can prolly get one for nowt at a charity shop or car boot/jumble sale.

I think this thread put me off drying nets. Was always a bit nervous about them as the buds are always touching something. For me that screams mold risk. I'm way too lazy to be bothered to be tumbling the buds in a drying net every day or two as well.

One of those wooden clothes hangers looks perfect. Can prolly get one for nowt at a charity shop or car boot/jumble sale.

Never had mouldy bud off mine only thing I do is turn it over after 4 ish days takes all off 1/2 a minute

If I only had a bit to dry I'd go the old fashion way off hanging

• 4 months later...

Well I ordered a drying net last Thursday from ebay. About £15 I believ it was. Arrived the next day! Bonus. Anyway, chopped and trimmed on Monday as is currently drying in the net, in the tent, in the shed. Got a oil filled radiator set to low, and a clip on fan blowing towards the heater. Finished it about half four-five, so had about 75-76 hours drying time. Popped in there this morning and turned the larger bits, and yes, there is a slightly flat side, but it appears minimalistic at the moment. Certainly appears to be drying so all good! If anyone's interested, I shall let you know how I get on.

GG

Well I ordered a drying net last Thursday from ebay. About £15 I believ it was. Arrived the next day! Bonus. Anyway, chopped and trimmed on Monday as is currently drying in the net, in the tent, in the shed. Got a oil filled radiator set to low, and a clip on fan blowing towards the heater. Finished it about half four-five, so had about 75-76 hours drying time. Popped in there this morning and turned the larger bits, and yes, there is a slightly flat side, but it appears minimalistic at the moment. Certainly appears to be drying so all good! If anyone's interested, I shall let you know how I get on.

GG

Has Your net not got hooks both ends ?

Mine have ,just collapse them turn over hang back up little tap for and hangers on .

Possibly, but surely that'll just squash/knock off the trichs? I try to handle them as little as I can all the way through. GG

Guest veg4s

Allways use the net

I chop as much as I can off the stalks then hang the biggest buds

Rest get thrown into the net and left alone. No ruffling or turning

I really could give a shit if they get flat spots, it's all going in the grinder anyway

Up side of using my net is that I can pretty much estimate what the dry wight will be smiply from how full it is wet

Each full level wet is about 2 oz dry

In my oppinion, the nets are ghastly they allways compress one side of my bud, so i just cut a tiny stem at the bottom and hang from the under side of my stretchy nets works for me

Possibly, but surely that'll just squash/knock off the trichs? I try to handle them as little as I can all the way through. GG

I'm not bothered with a few tricks when I have full dry nets off buds at the end .

Just to anal for me keeping every trich lol

dry it ,grind it ,smoke it ..jobs a good'n

Yeah I get that, but as I only grow one at a time, and this is only my second harvest, I'm trying to keep everything as pure as I can. GG

Yeah I get that, but as I only grow one at a time, and this is only my second harvest, I'm trying to keep everything as pure as I can. GG

Yer sorry come across as bit off a prick in my last post..

Tbh I'd hang it if you only have one plant but that's the great thing about are hobby lots of ways to do things..

Injoy your harvest

ND

• Like 1

I hung the first one in my last summer when was in my loft, but had to relocate to the shed. Hence worried about mould more, and the fact it took over two weeks to dry last time! Probably why it smelt a bit like hay. It was ok when you grind it, could smell it fine, but not when in the jars. After that, started my second only to have the housing association call to say they are putting in new loft insulation! So, that one had to go and I've had to relocate to the shed, as we can't use the loft for anything now which is a right pain. Plus I'm smoking what's drying now, as I had to buy a q to top up, and then lost the fucking thing! Grief, but nearly there. Popped in last night and she's drying nicely. Anothe couple of days she shall be brown bagged! The jarred and cured. Oh, and no worries @@NICEDREAMS, didn't come across like that to me mate. But yeah, am being a tad anal! still, it's all a learning curve. Had a Pythium issue with this one too! Roots looked bad when I chopped but she seems ok. Had my res heater too high I think. Ended up going 69 days on a 49 day strain. Looks good now though thankfully! You live and learn eh!

GG

Edited by Growgreen

• 2 weeks later...

Well the jet worked fine for me! Yes a flat side and only turned the once, but dry in 5-7 days. Lovely smoke, and I got 6 for those interested.

GG

I used a drying net for the first time this harvest. I'm pretty impressed, it saved me a considerable amount of space which is important to me in my grow area. I never had a flat side to my bud, although I did turn every single day.

I got a nice even dry as I place the bigger buds at the top where it's hottest and the smaller buds lower down where it's cooler

I will certainly be using it again

T, x