Drying nets , any good?

Guest bobbert

They are good as you can get quite a bit of bud in one space.

But, unless you turn the buds each day, one side will be flat. I prefer hanging the branches so that they can dry and still look pretty. Hanging also allows for better airflow, reducing the risk of mould.

A nice clothes drying rack and string works wonders.

Edited by KingBlueRizla
  • Like 3

I use a drying net, it has 8 sections so you can keep all your strains separate. And if you want to turn your buds u just fold it flat with the weed still in it, flip it over and use the loop that was on the bottom to hang the net again, . Very easy to use I would recommend you get one :skin_up:

• Like 2

They are bloody good if you need to dry quite a bit.Dries quicker too because you can cut all the buds off the stalks.

In an ideal world I would dry everything on the bone,slowly and cure it for 6 months before I smoke any but things don't always work out quite like that.These nets are a good,practical solution I reckon.

Silas :yinyang:

• Like 3

ye bobbert man i use the ones from ikea, as good as your gonna get amigo, just give each section a mix around with your hand every couple of days and your bud drys no probs at all. The difference in price from ikea & grow shops is an utter piss take

:yinyang:

MURDSPURT

Designed by Lasse Hurdfurmsturme, the MURSDSPURT storage and drying net fits neatly inside the FURTSTURLUR zip-up storage and growing tent, and is ideal for all your cannabis drying and storage needs, you can keep your socks in it too but not at the same time unless you want to be followed wherever you go by packs of drooling hippies.

2 items in stock at Tobermory

0 items in stock at Croydon

Brent Cross, forget about it

• Like 1

personally i use both methods.. hang for a few days, then transfer to a drying rack, with a pc fan attached on low speed after removing the stalks. i can have bone dry smokeable buds within 5 days to a week. Depending on strength of the smell (i.e. cheese - esque smelling buds) this methods worked for me a few times this year but not as pongy weed generally tastes like shit with this method.. Hanging alone does seem to take that extra few days BUTi think its purely for shape of the bud and getting air all over it. The stalks hold that extra couple of days drying, hense the drying rack after hanging it for a few days. But as most of you know a slow dry is best for taste. chlorophyl in the plant tastes like shit and speed drying jsut ruins a hard earned crop locking that taste in there.

So dying racks i think personally are worth it but id never spend like £50 on one from a hydro shop... like ya said, head for Ikea or even wilkinsons did do these a year or so ago, maybe they still do ?

Edited by Skinny_Jimmy
  • Like 1

Guest TheManWhoCan

In my personal experience I'd avoid them mate as like previously said the bud ends turning or goes flat. If your growing in a tent I find best to just trim the he'll out of it and string it up with a couple of fans going on it. Keeps your buds looking nice and produces better quality gear

• 2 years later...

Morning everyone

Ive got rather a lot of bud to dry this crop and I was thinking of using drying nets rather than my usual method of sock hangers, basically a circle with loads of pegs on! They are ok but can be a bit of a nightmare when the buds are heavy and long

anyway, thoughts?

do I trim them off the stalks to?

• Like 2