Drying nets , any good?

Guest bobbert

Morning dude.

Id string some lines up in the tent.Hang em on they're.Anything thats not a cola more nug like stick in yeah nets.

I reckon a sheet of cloth pulled tight on a frame wouldn't be much different you'd still have to turn i suppose.

I've tried various methods, like you said stringing lines up, my sock pegs but as I crop in my tent I keep whacking my nut on the colas, they drop off, just a pain in the ass! Going to get a boiler suit this crop, walking round smelling like weed all the time! As soon as I warm up the smell kicks in lol

just worry about drying to quickly

• Like 2

Same as you @@Tony Montana, my 1st ever harvest is due in less than 4 weeks and I'm unsure of how to dry it all. I'm aiming for less than 0.5gpw but still expecting that to be around 900g (enough to last me a year at 2-3 grams a day)

I was under the impression that you chop the branches and hang them, but a friend said he chops each bud off the branch and then hangs the buds?

Ikea do them , so do a few hydro shops, the difference in price is stupid.

Has anyuone used them? pros and cons?

Hi _boobert_

Made a rack myself and used an old filling tray. Why pay, when you can make your own?

Put rigid chicken wire into a frame, add few more frames, add legs, add layer of net curtain (light weight/airing barrier), et voila.

med_gallery_80190_8210_827268.jpg

eta, always hung on a line b4 for a week or so, de-stalked and then onto the racks.

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 4

I use a drying net m8 I remove the buds from the branches I only grow 1/2 plants though i don't think I could be botherd if i grew more plants I'd probably just use a string line i turn the buds every few days.

@@ceasergreen most people trim the colas and then hang, I'm just looking to improve my drying method

@@TheSaint do you hang first or chop straight on to the net?

@@Tony Montana

Yo m8 i crop everything into a box, i take all the buds from the stems too as im going, after im done i pile it into the hanging nets from ikea, you have to ruffle it up every couple of days but it drys fine

hope that helps m8

I think I'll follow that method this time @@TheSaint cheers bro

Do you try to group buds in similar sizes and place them at different heights for an even dry or just fuck em all in there? lol

• Like 1

No sorting out dude lol i just whack it all in there, when i say ruffle it up every couple of days what i actually mean is i put my hand in under the bud then lift my hand towards the top with my fingers open, just mix it up a bit really so you dont get mould. You can even ruffle it up everyday, works a treat m8

I use a drying net, it has 8 sections so you can keep all your strains separate.

I like this might get one , it also usses less space i have 2m long but for cloathing , takes half of my room, nuff said.

Just checked under 30euros ill get myself one!

Edited by Herbal Kint

Remember heat rises I normally but the big ones at the top leave for 4 days then flip over

I take them all off them stems to help dry .

All this flat on one side lol what happens when they go into jars ?

Ive still got a net I bought from the show in Birmingham 05 ish I think ,I ended up buying the one on display

Best bit is they take up hadly any space when you don't need them.

• Like 1

I'd just stick with hanging them from string. Fannying about 'ruffling them up' is only going to knock trichs off if you ask me.

Peace.

:v:

• Like 1

Mendel made me a trimming box with a mesh top, if you always do your fiddling and ruffling over a mesh or screen and keep collecting the trichs you'll lose nowt.

Plus its nice to have a free dab during trim/brown bagging and I always reckon its better than losing the dust to jars/stash boxes.

• Like 2