The All Important Environment

Owderb

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

@Firsttimetry why can’t you keep extractor fan on ? It needs to be on 24hrs a day with a filter to remove smell temp and humidity. 

I wasn't keeping it on as have to sleep in same room. thought I could have done it without it at night and use something else. That has been my mistake it is rectified now ill keep eye on humidity tonight thanks again for taking time 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 8:55 AM, Arthur Mix said:

@Firsttimetry why can’t you keep extractor fan on ? It needs to be on 24hrs a day with a filter to remove smell temp and humidity. 

My humidity only dropped by 10 so dose this mean my extractor fan is shit im at flower stage all looks healthy but know I need humidity down any fixes I would want for long time don't want waste money on things that won't help 

Now how do I know of your extractions shit , what size is it , what brand filter ? What inlets and sizes etc ? No mention of ether hydro , coco ,or soil or lighting used ..

Fair play bud. A bought a kit online and its basic as my led lights on have on off the led is supposed to be 1000w but don't believe it for a min as the sticker on light just peels off and light only emits 8000lux but thats just on phone. The fan is carbon duct fitting 4 220v/50hz. It came with ox carbon filter. I'm learning the hard way should have took time and ordered separately but I have a base and I'm taking it from there. I'm in soil all looking good in my eyes 

Edited by Owderb

Some of those kits suck ass. The amount I've spent over the years upgrading kit, tents, fans, etc,  everything has a level of quality. Im now running digital hyperfans for extraction,, latest zues pro leds and am getting set up with co2 system this week. The only thing I cant change is the feeding system - stuck with hand watering, but I don't mind

Edited by Owderb

I'm finding that out hard way bud I will upgrade bit by bit I have a base and its got me thinking. Just loads n loads of view's and counter view's on fans if their quiet or not thanks for information I'll have a look n see what I can get

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/5/2012 at 4:42 PM, hydro2 said:

Wise words Owd & very true. I agree, that if you are willing to spend the money to take up this hobby, then learn as much as you can before taking up the expense to save yourself as much hassle as you can. We all learn by our own mistakes but it starts to become very expensive if you keep making them.

H2

The most important of any setup, Ive found to my cost.  This got me reading a lot more, and getting an inkbird type controllers for the heating so temps don[t go below 21c at night.  That[s at canopy level, and I know the roots are lower than that,  so I[ve ordered reptile underfloor heating cables to put under splash tray.  The plants are on airpot stands, which keep them off the floor.   Im devoting much of my reading and research, then  practice to try and get the environment as right as I can.   

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi All

The environment, as in ventilation, extraction, air flow and air circulation are the most important oft-overlooked aspect of anyones grow.

These things, have led to the most amounts of the issues I had with my 1st, and current, grows.

As in, get the most amount of ventilation/turn up the extractor to allow for the size of the grooms requirements, plenty of new air flow and get the air moving around the plants. There. Sounds easy. My 2p...

mysticriver 

• Like 3

Happy Weekend to you all :)

I never know whether to start a new thread or jump into an existing one :g: Anyway, I have a question regarding root ball temps. I'm planning on using a Romberg 115x115cm heat mat in a 1.2x1.2 tent. My current thought was to have that on a sheet of plywood in the bottom of the tent, with maybe a 5mm rubber sheet on top. Then one of those flexi trays. Then I was going to have the fabric pots on these little rubber pot feet that are 15mm thick. Will the heat mat even have any effect on the soil temp when it has to get through a rubber sheet, the tray, and then up through the little pot feet? Do away with the pot feet? For some reason I thought that having air all the way around a fabric pot would be beneficial. Do I really need the rubber sheet on top of the heat mat. What do you guys think?

As always, much appreciative of your hard-won expertise and the assistance you all give to us newbies :notworthy:

• 9 months later...

latest mod for the grent - 

attached this 16" pedestal fan to a corner pole

large.E5635FAC-D4F0-4D4F-A0CE-E3D1D1C7A74A.jpeg

I struggle to get good air movement across the whole tent. oscillating tent pole fans only really do the 1 plant that its positioned next to. 

there's a similar arrangement at the opposite end

large.EE88BCA7-ACA8-4C86-BEED-6ACD05FEDC6F.jpeg

and the 2 SJ oscillators in the middle. about the best I can do.

hope that ac infinity release there 2 cloudray fans soon, and that there good. 

(oh yeah still battling the calcium issue)

mystic

• Like 1