The All Important Environment

Owderb

A good fan controller will save ya £s and help keep noise down, it'd def be summat I'd get meself as soon as pos!!! Maybe save up an get one in in time fer flowering.

• 3 months later...
Guest ickiwoo

My AC reflector is my best ever buy regards environment, I was always fighting extreme temps and the plants always showed their disquiet, now my temps never move more than half a degree and the plants look a lot happier for it. :smokin:

What about the pipe work mr bond i take it you have a condenser external then the unit in your space.

A friend has exactly this but he groom is a shed and the condenser is disguised near a bbq.As youve stated its perfect.

What about the pipe work mr bond i take it you have a condenser external then the unit in your space.

A friend has exactly this but he groom is a shed and the condenser is disguised near a bbq.As youve stated its perfect.

Air Cooled not Air Conditioned Ickiwoo. No pipe work or condenser, just the shade. :spliff:

Guest ickiwoo

Basically a shed with AC the type with condensor and seperate unit in groom.And basic active set up mate.Dont really wont to expand on that cause its not mine dont think he would appreciate dude.

Not being rude mate but it wouldnt be fair to elaborate. :yinyang:

Rootball temps dont want to be getting below 18 degrees and that is at floor level seeing as that is where its the coolest as below this phosphorous in the plant starts to slow and not above 25 degrees as this just encourages pathogens to breed

Ideally ambient temps want to be 76-78 degrees. I dont measure temps directly under the light

Cannabis loves around 70% humidity all the way through its life. Its only us that try to reduce it to lessen the chance of budrot late in flower especially. This is normally only a problem at lights out

Air should be exchanged at least 20 times per hour to replenish co2 and running 24/7

If using passive intakes you should aim for 5 x the size of extract if using the fan at full speed

If pushed for one to keep right it would be rootball temps.

Hope that helps

Owd

Regards this Owd, I've just got a fan/environment controller with probe. Is it a good idea to bury the probe and set it at 20ºc or simply place it under canopy at pot level and set at 25ºc?

Thanks

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 1

Guest ickiwoo

I stick the outside temp lead in the medium B.Not the one of the controller.

I monitor the medium with this and its usually 2 degrees lower than ambient.Im only up there feeding times though.It s not dropped below 20 c on recent grows since ive up graded my heating.Underfloor and tubes.

I would put probe at canopy mate.

I'm going to get a "Root It! soil probe/thermo" and use that to control the heated underblankets i run in flower... handles up to 500w. You can get ones that handle 3.5kw but they are 3x price. :yinyang:

12-585-100-ROOTIT%20Heat%20Mat%20Thermostat-2.jpg?osCsid=qe99q0472dev19hkqh2gk0svu5

It's currently at the bottom of the canopy, just hung in one of the bushes.

Edited by Budelaire

Guest ickiwoo

My under floor heating and tubes where controlled by ecotechnics soon to be a room stat.This was set at 24c.If that helps mate dont reckon you need this advice looking at ypur killer scrog mate.

Well i run the controller at 25ºC for air, and then this Root It! will control the heating in line with media temps... which i will set at 20ºC.