Dutch Passion Taiga and Polar Lights #2

DutchPassionTony

lol Thanks heaps Tony Dam they look really good very similar in height but that Taiga Is so much bushier they look very close in the bud formation department .

Also chance the grower can take a few pics with the lights off that way people can see how green and lush they really are. Its amazing how different the led light makes the plants look

Thanks again Tony

Cheers Rasta :smokin:

It was watching Seymour Buds grows that I finally accepted LED can be effective and worthwhile.

Good stuff.

...it is the prices that will need to drop now for LED to become popular. Performance is indeed good, as I hope this grow will show.

Those Autos are looking great. The growth is so uniform it almost looks artificial but then digital lights = digital plants i guess lol

I am also very interested to hear a smoke report off these aswell. Other lights obv. Give off some other spec to which is missing in LED,s

Either way Sparkles thinks he might be doing a 300W LED SoG soon :)

It was watching Seymour Buds grows that I finally accepted LED can be effective and worthwhile.

Good stuff.

...it is the prices that will need to drop now for LED to become popular. Performance is indeed good, as I hope this grow will show.

Yes this is why I have stuck with HPS. The prices need to drop by 50% IMO.

Day 35 in Seymour's grow room. The Taiga is looking really good, a little bigger than the Polar Lights #2. But both have plenty of bud sites and continue to thrive. Taiga has stretched a bit and may be the bigger potential yielder. But it will get cramped in there soon, so will he run both plants through ....or go for the Taiga alone and blaze it with a full 600W of LED? . He is running lights at half power, ie a total of 300W at the moment.

EC is up to 1.7 which I think is as high as I have seen him push it. Automazar was just an EC of 1.1 when he ran her. The 60 litre/minute air pump is supplying both oxipots, so that is 30l/minute for each root ball. The Taiga is 1 metre and the grower likes her. I guess 30-35 days of flowering under 20 hours daily light, if all goes well this will be quite a treat to watch. I love seeing deep water culture systems producing these results, the DWC fans will tell you it is the fastest way to grow if done properly.

Here is the Taiga, look at that main cola which will start to fatten out and juice up.

gallery_70468_4085_133201.jpg

And below are the two of them side by side. Polar Lights #2 on the left, both plants filling out nicely

gallery_70468_4085_90552.jpg

Edited by DutchPassionTony

Very nice there Tony tell Seymour we are all impressed with the DWC you sure can produce some nice plants this way and that Taiga has filled out very nice.

She sure is a bushy plant even has some nice popcorn nugs forming down low

What size tent is he running ?

Cheers rasta :smokin:

Looks real good Tony!I've got Taiga growing atm in my garden in my growhouse but the recent cold weather has stunted growth..gonna let it go anyhow even if it hermies from the temp change but even though its only got 1 set of leaves it smells wicked.Keep up the good work lol

Edited by Hairbear
  • Like 1

Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

Amazing looking work there Tony ;)

But I just cant get used to that Purple coloured light coming off them LED's but I guess it will grow on people :D

• Like 1

Amazing looking work there Tony ;)

But I just cant get used to that Purple coloured light coming off them LED's but I guess it will grow on people :D

it looks weird doesn't it. 75% red LED with a dash of blue and green. I reckon it must seem strange inspecting your plants in that light when stoned.

I was actually hoping Seymour would bin the Polar Light #2 and switch both LED panels up to full power to bloom the Taiga. But instead his thinking is to see what he can get from both panels run at half power ie 300W. So this will be a bloom with an eco edge to it. I still think they will both fatten up nicely though.

Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

Yeah was thinking the same... Well Funky whilst going to water plants

I think I would end out thinking I was tripping or something and fall over lol

:hippy:

The growroom in 1.8m tall x 1.2m wide to answer the question. The LED panels are very slim so they can be hoisted pretty much right up if needed.

The carbon filter is on the floor to try to draw the warmish air downwards through the plants. That will seem the opposite of what some people do with HPS (they often extract the hot air from the top of the tent). But one issue Seymour has had before is nutrient issues, specifically cal/mag deficient, which the guys at CANNA reckoned were down to low temperatures and low leaf transpiration levels. Remember he is running 300W only and there isn't too much heat coming out of the light.

That's the problem I'm starting to have low temps now the colder weather has just hit us so I've invested in a Heater.

I was also thinking of putting heat pads under the plants 1 per 2 plants there only 17 watt so its not to much of a power sucker but should keeps the root zone nice and warm.

So how come hes not running the full 600 watts of led ?

Cheers rasta :smokin:

Day 38 in Seymour Buds tent. And all is well. The plants have stopped stretching upwards as much and are filling out the bud sites. They are feeding heavily.

gallery_70468_4085_23677.jpg

Taiga in close detail, she is just over 1 metre tall and is covered in bud sites

gallery_70468_4085_88052.jpg

Taiga lower bud sites - all these will fatten up into nice donkey dicks

gallery_70468_4085_128772.jpg

Here is one of the lower taiga blooms which will fatten up all the way

gallery_70468_4085_139826.jpg

And don't forget the Polar Lights #2. This seems to have levelled off at 85cm. She will be a very tidy and respectable yielder by the time this grow is complete

gallery_70468_4085_9788.jpg

So all looks good. The white wire in the photo's is his temperature probe, he is quite keen at measuring everything and regularly checking it, and rechecking it. To answer the question 'why is he running the grow at 300W rather than 600W?'. I think he feels that the 'law of diminishing returns' affects the yield. In other words 600W LED would give a better yield than 300W but not twice as much. The LED grow community are, to some extent, still understanding how the lights affect the plants..

Anyway - look at this Taiga go. She is at day 39 and is very special, if all goes well you will see this become a christmas-tree style beauty. The plants continue for now under 20 hours of daily light, which is 300W of LED.

gallery_70468_4085_65962.jpg

The roots are healthy too and fill the 20 litre bucket.

gallery_70468_4085_39361.jpg

watch this space and enjoy the combination of AutoFem, DWC and LED.