Dutch Passion Taiga and Polar Lights #2

DutchPassionTony

Hi everyone,

I will be posting weekly piccys from someone growing Taiga (auto version of Power Plant) and Polar Lights #2 (Dutch Haze in an auto form)

The grower normally doesn't post on this forum, he (Seymour Buds) grows in a deep water culture system using LED grow lights. There isn't much to see yet, but I am sure it will hot-up soon.

Week 2

gallery_70468_4085_1148.jpg

Week 3

URL=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=69818]gallery_70468_4085_35846.jpg[/url]

OMG that is some serious growth in one weeks there my friend very very nice i cant wait to see the end result.

Thanks for the heads up and keep us posted

Cheers Rasta :smokin:

Edited by rasta

OMG that is some serious growth in one weeks there my friend very very nice i cant wait to see the end result.

Thanks for the heads up and keep us posted

Cheers Rasta :smokin:

Alright Rasta, yeah they do grow really quickly but then again they are under 20 hours of daily light. Here are the day 24 pictures

gallery_70468_4085_69959.jpg

Seymour will probably take one of the plants out leaving just one Taiga and one Polar Light#2. Although there looks to be plenty of room now you will see them explode soon and only leave space for 2 of them.They are still under 150w of LED and the nutrient regime is as follows

Polarlight #2 :

canna flores

rhizotonic

headmasta

cal/mag supplement

TAIGA:

Cannna flores

rhizotonic

carboload

superior potash

cal/mag

Nutrient Strength= 1.4 ec and ph 5.9

Hey Tony,

Thats is some great growth and the light looks like it is quite far away to (Supriseing as they give off no heat). How often do your growers use LED's, I used a 90W to try and start some babies in the past but the barley grew at all. Gave them a 125W CFL and they shot up.

I am interestead in LED lights as technically they are better for Lumen/PAR ect..?

Looks good :)

Sparkles

Hey Tony,

Thats is some great growth and the light looks like it is quite far away to (Supriseing as they give off no heat). How often do your growers use LED's, I used a 90W to try and start some babies in the past but the barley grew at all. Gave them a 125W CFL and they shot up.

I am interestead in LED lights as technically they are better for Lumen/PAR ect..?

Sparkles

have a look here I'm doing a side by side scrog 600hps vs 336 led diary

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=291506

Cheers rasta :smokin:

Hey Tony are those plants tipped or untipped

Hi rasta, they are un-topped. Nipping off the growing tip of an auto isn't recommended as they lose time which they don't have trying to recover. The bushy side growth seems to be a feature of auto's under good conditions. They really want to throw out bud on every side if they get enough light to do so

Edited by DutchPassionTony

Hey Tony,

Sparkles

Hi sparkles, I was never that impressed with LED until they brought out the 3W LED diode just over a year ago. Since then they have given good results. We have a few weeks of this grow left , and you will see for yourself how they perform. I won't say too much about the LED v HPS debate as it would detract from (what I anticipate will be) an informative and educational grow for us to watch unfold. Enjoy the grow !

Hey Tony,

Sparkles

Hi sparkles, I was never that impressed with LED until they brought out the 3W LED diode just over a year ago. Since then they have given good results. We have a few weeks of this grow left , and you will see for yourself how they perform. I won't say too much about the LED v HPS debate as it would detract from (what I anticipate will be) an informative and educational grow for us to watch unfold. Enjoy the grow !

I'm really enjoying watching this thread very interesting to see this strain perform....sorry I didn't want to start a debate here about led and hps if you want one go to my diary ppl

no worries rasta! I hope you all enjoy seeing this. Day 27 of the auto's. Polar Lights is on the left, Taiga is on the right.

gallery_70468_4085_49891.jpg

Looking beautiful under the LED Tony, you can really see how well they are growing with all that space ;)

The space will get eaten up soon ! The grower has culled one of the 2 Taiga's to allow space for the remaining 2 plants to grow in an optimum, uncrowded way. The plan is to grow both plants through to maturity, possibly harvesting at around 9 weeks.

The deep water culture grow method gives rapid growth rates, and in particular it allows for lots of healthy root growth. The Taiga ('auto power plant') has the most impressive root ball, it is well on the way to filling the 20 litre bucket. The plants have a 60 litre/minute airpump split between the 2 buckets. So that is a generous 30 litres/minute for each root ball. The best DWC growers use lots of bubbles ! They are under 300W of LED

gallery_70468_4085_41266.jpg

• Like 1

Here we go , day 31. Polar Lights on the left, Taiga on the right.

EC is up to 1.6, pH is 5.9. The girls are growing at an incredible rate and are now 87cm. There are plenty of bud sites and all being well you will see these auto's really stacked with bud in one month.

gallery_70468_4085_117316.jpg

• Like 1