Another Dutch Passion Hermie Thread

Henry Weston

I take it everyone is buying their Dutch Passion seeds from trusted sources?

Perhaps seed companies should start numbering packs of seeds so people could complain about 'bad packs' and you could see if there is a link between the 'bad packs' and the batch of seeds it was made from, or if it is where you sold the seeds onto (another retailer).

+1

I would just like to say thank you to Tony for offering me some compensation ( 10 Pack of Fresian Dew) for my experiences with Dutch Passions seeds.

Although I have had very bad results with the majority of there seeds indoors, Fresian Dew is great for growing up here in Scotland.

I think Tony is doing a good job on here and is very professional in dealing with complaints.

But i will not be buying anymore seeds from them until I see some proof of change,but there are number of experienced growers on here that I see are starting diaries with seeds gifted from DP so only time will tell if things have changed.

Peace and have a great weekend

• Like 5

full on lady boys with bollocks

You got any pics peas??

No I didnt take any pictures, I just pulled all the male flowers off.

However they are still growing in my tent ( no weed here so didnt chop em)

I will charge my camera and take a few pics and post them within next few days

Edited by Peas-n-Carrots

hey peas n carrots atleast thats someone getting some compansation for this happening all i got was rude email back saying its the growers fault as normall nothing to do with there seeds or genetics lol ye right i would of been happy if i got one good mother plant out of each the blueberry 10 and orange bud 10 i put a post up about it asking why is there seeds like this and they were regulare seeds but i have had no reply

I just have to say in support of DP Ive grown out SK#1, Mazar,Oasis and White Widow over the last ten years or so all regs never had a problem. I really like DP and am feeling they are getting a bad press I dont think they really deserve, so had to say something.

I must say Ive never grown fems so maybe they are not to clever, but I guess the moral of the story is, dont be so lazy and buy regs not fems ;) There is nothing wrong with their regs and all the strains ive grown have been bang on :)

• Like 1

I just have to say in support of DP Ive grown out SK#1, Mazar,Oasis and White Widow over the last ten years or so all regs never had a problem. I really like DP and am feeling they are getting a bad press I dont think they really deserve, so had to say something.

I must say Ive never grown fems so maybe they are not to clever, but I guess the moral of the story is, dont be so lazy and buy regs not fems ;) There is nothing wrong with their regs and all the strains ive grown have been bang on :)

True in all words for me too

Guest Sid-Vicious

I wouldn't say its being lazy, choosing to grow femmed strains. Some growers with very limited space simply can't afford to waste electric etc on males that could of been females.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say its being lazy, choosing to grow femmed strains. Some growers with very limited space simply can't afford to waste electric etc on males that could of been females.

I grow in a little cupboard 2ftx2.5ft and a little wardrobe where I grow my males for pollen I like to make my own seeds,got enough seeds to last me a lifetime,it,s just better useing regs just as nature intended :)

• Like 1

I grow in a little cupboard 2ftx2.5ft and a little wardrobe where I grow my males for pollen I like to make my own seeds,got enough seeds to last me a lifetime,it,s just better useing regs just as nature intended :)

:yinyang: Apologies for highlighting the above chronic, but, did nature intend any seed to be grown in a wardrobe? :yinyang:

People firstly choose auto's or feminised seeds.(With the caveat that new growers is applied) seeing the choice highlighted in the main areas of research. Once they get established in the secretive regime that they need to adhere to they MAY find out, through threads such as this, that there are other possibilities that could lead to better plants.

In this instance, a Dutch Passion thread, my take is this. I have grown reg Orange Bud, White Widow and femmed Cali Orange and have had above average results compared to certain other Dutch seed breeders of similar longevity. This does not detract from the fact that one of their PREMIUM STRAINS is KNOWN TO HERMIE, but that alone should not sway negativity to the whole company.

I was fortunate to have been chosen by Tony to do a diary on their "NEW" strains, so, like 25+ others on this site, I will be providing an HONEST ASSESSMENT of the NEW strains. Notice though that there are only the newer strains being grown and certainly no Blueberry, so let's give them a chance and see what the response is before the company are hung, drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered, thrown in boiling oil and placed in stocks (Not necessarily in that order).

Perhaps the next competition that Dutch Passion do should only be open to relative newbies and they have to run with Blueberry? There's a thought Tony.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 4

hey peas n carrots atleast thats someone getting some compansation for this happening all i got was rude email back saying its the growers fault as normall nothing to do with there seeds or genetics lol ye right i would of been happy if i got one good mother plant out of each the blueberry 10 and orange bud 10 i put a post up about it asking why is there seeds like this and they were regulare seeds but i have had no reply

When I first started this thread I was not looking for any compensation or to start a shit fest , only to share my experience of growing DP strains.

I have found Tony very polite and professional, perhaps you should PM him.

• Like 3

im not botherd about any compensation it just the fact it has happend with regular seeds with me not fem seeds and what really pissed me off is the email i got back from dutch passion saying it was all my doing i cant grow must be a crappy grower couse they have never had any other problems with those strains in regular and fem seeds ye right im the first person to complain about them, so when i clearly made the point about uk420 site and the complaints on here etc etc i never got a reply back lol so thats why i come on here and thought people should now,

as this company will go down the tube if they keep doing this unless they just keep grabbing the new grower that doesnt now much and to be honest what i have been hearing that is what there doing,over the past 5 year when i have been talking to people about seed companys and dp has been named its stay away from them??? why is this couse they just want your money and dont really care about if there strains are stable or not they just wont the money,,so my question to you dutch passion when are you going to start sorting all this out you need to start putting on your packets that the strains are prone to hermi,and tell the person in the info if it is prone to hermi and how about making your strains more stable and stop selling them till they are more stable? or is it all about the money???? i have done a few fem seeds but will never do them again,, and you say you made the fem seeds possible?? i wouldnt be proud of that its just taking all the 100,s of years of strain genetics a throwing them away with fem seeds we need to get it back to just regulare seeds,,but 90 percent of your sales are fem seeds so you wont get rid of them will you couse u will loss to much money wont you,,there is companys out there that only do regular seeds and are doing great and never have any complaints like this about there strains,, so sort it out dutch passion and your not the only seed company that gets it all the time all the others like your company get complaint like this too

thats my rant done llf

Guest Nunsacred

Just to say I've grown a couple of Frisian Dew a couple of years ago.

Seems a decent outdoor strain

and I didn't see any male flowers at all.

They were fem seeds. I don't believe the fem-ness is necessarily connected to the hermie issue.

If there was a common parent which caused all this hermie trouble in the indoor stock

then identifying it would at least give a better focus for people to throw rocks at.

to be honest no chip on my shoulder thought everyone should now and what about me doing so many posts i dont do them couse there is to many people that stab you in the back all the keyboard gangsters that say one thing then say another and of posts my cousin was using my details when i was away for 12 month abroad,, and you say no proof i dont take pictures and show them as thats called evidence if you get busted and check your computer,, they cant use words for evidence wouldnt make much of a case,, you say other companies have those problems aswell tga doesnt under ground origanal genetics dont,,the other companies that do have problems are the one,s that do fem seed,s,, i have only had problems with regular seeds from dp simple and so has lots of other people along with there fem seeds too,and if i have a chip on my shoulder so what wouldnt you after wasting money and time on there shitty strains and dont say no you wouldnt couse anyone would be pissed off at the end of the day this was for dutch passion to answer my questions no one else so why answer for them im still waiting for them to stand up and be heard but nothing yet

I was fortunate to have been chosen by Tony to do a diary on their "NEW" strains, so, like 25+ others on this site, I will be providing an HONEST ASSESSMENT of the NEW strains.

Ditto.

• Like 2