Return to the Sticky Spanish Sweet Shop.

S.K.

Hey SK :yep:

Nice selection ya got going there, I read ya winning diary mate, top class grow that is, worthy winner :king:

I'm sure these ladies will be very pleased they landed on your doorstep for sure

I will be an interested viewer if ya don't mind as I too have a similar situation to yourself with 7 strains in one... It will be interesting to say the least :rofl:

All the best of luck fella :lucky:

CK

• Like 1

Hey SK :yep:

Nice selection ya got going there, I read ya winning diary mate, top class grow that is, worthy winner :king:

I'm sure these ladies will be very pleased they landed on your doorstep for sure

I will be an interested viewer if ya don't mind as I too have a similar situation to yourself with 7 strains in one... It will be interesting to say the least :rofl:

All the best of luck fella :lucky:

CK

Hi CK and thanks for dropping in bud, glad you liked the old diary and appreciate the kind comments mate, hopefully this diary will exceed the quality of content from its predecessor and make for a good show so please feel more than welcome to stick around ;)

I have done multi-strain grows before but not quite like this one as far as the selection and diversity of the strains used, its a challenge but an enjoyable one for sure..

Good luck with yours too dude,

SK :yinyang:

Guest nelly123

Hi s.k., you certainley got some nice chioce of strains in there man, looking at the pics you look like you gunna be safe and sound m8, all the best dude. Nelly

• Like 1

Good Luck with these, not that you need it. :) Looking good so far.

:hippy:

Cheers ska buddy and thanks for looking in, best of luck with your comp entry too mate :yep:

Hi s.k., you certainley got some nice chioce of strains in there man, looking at the pics you look like you gunna be safe and sound m8, all the best dude. Nelly

Hi nelly, I'm deffo very exited about this selection of strains, the CC is the only one of the six that I've tried previously so we are certainly in for a connoisseur's dream come harvest time, almost a different strain for every day of the week :skin_up:

med_gallery_4498_1929_33962.jpg

Day 8 Veg -

So things are looking good and the sweet babies are fast becoming young ladies, it seems that so far most of them seem to be displaying a more Indica look (especially the Snow Fruit) with the exception of maybe the Sweet Cheese who's leaves have a slightly more serrated appearance as opposed to the Cabbage leaf look of the Indica's.

The Jack47 is a little harder to decipher as she is my little super mutant who looks neither here or there bless her, she is certainly an interesting one. Due to being a bit slower to develop than the others I keep her a bit further from the light to keep her stretching and catching up and this seems to be working out as she is starting to gain a little height now.

Am really happy with the overall look and progress of the grow so far, I have a feeling these Sweets are going to be some impressive girls :skin_up:

Snapped a few pics today, you can see they are developing nicely now.

Big Foot

med_gallery_4498_1929_227016.jpg

BlackJack

med_gallery_4498_1929_255644.jpg

Cream Caramel

med_gallery_4498_1929_284594.jpg

Jack47 Mutant

med_gallery_4498_1929_133359.jpg

Sweet Cheese

med_gallery_4498_1929_126930.jpg

Snow Fruit

med_gallery_4498_1929_120951.jpg

I'm loving the look of the Snow Fruit, The most Indica looking of the six strains, she has this adorable Maple Leaf appearance with a healthy shine to her thick leaves.

That's all for now from the Sweet Shop, back soon folks!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Day 16 Veg -

Time for an update on the sweet ladies..

I have not had as much time on my hands since starting a new job hence not updating for a little while, all is well in the Sweet Shop and things are progressing nicely.

The main thing I am noticing since switching from hydro to organic soil is the major difference in the way the plants veg, this is day 16 veg and they are still relatively short. I know this is to be expected but the difference in speed is really quite a big one.. In NFT I would literally veg for three or four days and flip to 12/12 and still end up with chest height monsters.

I'm a little unsure as to whether this grow will be ready in time for the comp deadline as we were late entrants already, but then there was a problem with the postal service and our seeds went missing meaning another few weeks before we were able to get some more seeds, maybe I should have stuck to the hydro for this grow as it would have cut veg time massively but I wanted to try something new and a bit different and it cant be helped now.

Hope I notice a difference in the quality of the finished product or if not its back to hydro for us next time.. But hey if you don't try new things you never know what's best for you :)

Ok getting back to the plants, today they were re-potted into 11 litre buckets in which they shall remain until harvest.. the process went well and without any problems, they now look happy in their new houses filled with fresh new soil.

Also something a bit strange seems to have happened, as I was working in the garden I noticed that the Cream Caramel has started to flower under 18 hours of light.. None of the others have done this and I cant work it out, its bugging me out because I planned to veg for a while longer.. The only thing I can think of is that there was possibly a mix-up at Sweet Seeds HQ and some Auto's were mislabelled as being Cream Caramel? :unsure:

Here's a couple of pics I snapped during the re-pot, all thier roots are thick, bright white, healthy and strong.. I think I timed the re-pot well as the roots looked just ready to start stretching out again.

Sweet Cheese first to be re-homed into the 11 litres

med_gallery_4498_1929_416638.jpg

Sweet Cheese Root Ball

med_gallery_4498_1929_374589.jpg

Snow Fruit Root Ball with searching tap root

med_gallery_4498_1929_348332.jpg

More pics of the finished re-pot to come when the lights come back on :skin_up:

• Like 2

Hey 'sup S.K :spliff:

Just re-read the strains u got on the go. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm with a capital M

Doing a great job m8

peace

Cheers BM me ol'bud, sure is an exiting selection :yes: And now it seems not only do I have 6 different strains on the go but also one of them is an Auto which I have zero experience with as of yet.. Was a real shock to see flowers forming with them being on 18 hours of light, who knows maybe it was meant to be and will break my attitude towards Auto-fems (we shall see) but still a bit of a shame as I was looking forward to smoking my old fave the Cream Cazza :smokin:

Lovely pics sk buddy and lovely roots on them gals all best and stay safe bro.

Cheers La Viva Sativa, am slowly getting used to the new cam bit by bit :spliff: The roots were a pleasant surprise to see how healthy and bright white they looked. The re-pot went really well and caused little to no stress to the plants as today they look bigger, better and stronger than before re-potting, they have plenty more room to stretch those roots out again now so I'm expecting a big spurt of growth over the coming week ;)

The Re-potted girlie's stretching out into their fresh new soil (day 17 veg, day 1 since re-pot)

med_gallery_4498_1929_65992.jpg

Big Foot

med_gallery_4498_1929_243486.jpg

The most Sativa looking plant of the 6 strains - Sweet Cheese

med_gallery_4498_1929_41630.jpg

The Jack47 super-mutant runt is not such a runt any more and has caught up perfectly with the others although still displaying strange symmetry

med_gallery_4498_1929_205190.jpg

BlackJack looking good

med_gallery_4498_1929_394665.jpg

Snow Fruit with that typical Indica appearance

med_gallery_4498_1929_58147.jpg

Last but not least the flowering CC that I suspect is an auto placed in the wrong package

med_gallery_4498_1929_385159.jpg

• Like 4

Day 24 Veg

So after a hard week at work I finally have some time on my hands and so its time for a slightly overdue update on the sweet ladies, they have really started to do their thing now and are looking tip top and fighting fit, I get this nice warm feeling inside every time I look at them :skin_up:

They have still not had 'any' nutrients or additives since germination apart from the nutrients contained in the soil, the re-pot added a lot of fresh soil as they went from 10" pots to 11 litres and they have flourished happily on this alone which I like, to begin with I was very unsure about the BioBizz soil and if I'm honest any soil as the many years of hydro had me slightly set in my ways but now that they have started to show very healthy growth with no feeding at all my opinion is beginning to change.

Some of the plants (especially the Sweet Cheese) already look as if I have been topping and training them but this is not the case and none of them have been trained in any way, shape or form. I had planned on topping them all apart from the CC that turned out to be an auto as she is clearly in flowering now.

The plan now is to wait a few more days, top them all (apart from the auto-fem) and then give them their first ever nutrient feed to bounce them back after being pulled about, then maybe one or two more weeks of veg time before flipping the switch over to 12/12. So it seems almost as if there was no need to buy vegetative nutrients for this grow as they will probably only get fed it once before going into flower.

Time for some pics, first up is my very bushy and extremely sexy Sweet Cheese. This young lady is looking like she has been topped and trained but she is untouched. The Sweet Cheese is the most Sativa of the six strains we have.

Sweet Cheese

med_gallery_4498_1929_183926.jpg

med_gallery_4498_1929_294744.jpg

Black-Jack

med_gallery_4498_1929_220709.jpg

med_gallery_4498_1929_22610.jpg

Big Foot (loving this girl)

med_gallery_4498_1929_252382.jpg

med_gallery_4498_1929_222496.jpg

Snow Fruit

med_gallery_4498_1929_81824.jpg

med_gallery_4498_1929_91139.jpg

Jack-47 - This lady has earned a place in my heart, she had a very slow start in life and was a bit of a mutant/runt but the ugly duckling has become a beautiful Swan and is as good looking and strong as any of the others now.

med_gallery_4498_1929_179967.jpg

med_gallery_4498_1929_356753.jpg

Last up today is the Cream Caramel - This lady is 100% auto-fem there is no question about it now, my first time running an auto so this will be interesting but so far so good and she looks happy and healthy.

med_gallery_4498_1929_218883.jpg

med_gallery_4498_1929_178006.jpg

An overall view

med_gallery_4498_1929_84734.jpg

That's all for now folks, back soon.

Edited by S.K.
  • Like 2

Great work so far my friend ;)

They like the way you treat them and they seem to be getting well prepared for flowering. Keep up the good work, sweet regards,

tommy

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just a quick post to apologise for the lack of updates recently.. This is due to a few reasons, firstly I dropped and broke my new camera which was totally gutting and due to some financial issues our net bill wasn't payed leaving us with no broadband for the last month, I have been posting using mrs sk's phone but its far from ideal and takes crappy pics hardly worth posting..

I can only offer my apologies, I hope to have the situation fixed by next week and will do a big fat update to make up for lost time..

I know the comp is far beyond reach this time but the plants are looking tip top and I will deffo be sharing a.s.a.p!

They have been flowering just over 4 weeks now so they will look very different from the last set of pics :yes:

The smell of all 6 strains when you open the tent is out of this world!!

Thanks for your patience peeps,

SK

• Like 1

My world would end with no broadband for a month lol

Hope ya get it sorted, bet they look fab now mate

All the best

CK :yep:

• Like 2