Return to the Sticky Spanish Sweet Shop.

S.K.

A big HELLO and a very warm welcome to one and all :)

Am very exited about this grow as it has been a while since we last did one, I decided to start this diary again as a lot has changed since I started the last one.. Due to some postal problems it means we have a bit less time to play with and the original idea of doing a SCROG has been scrapped due to the extended veg time that would be required for it..

Instead I will be just topping and training these sweet ladies for the best results, its going to be multi-strain grow with six different sweet seeds varieties and for this grow we have switched from hydro to organic soil and nutrient to see what difference in results we get.

All comments, suggestions, thoughts, opinions and questions are very welcome here so please feel free to drop in and say hi :yes:

More details to follow shortly, but for now I would like to give many thanks to Tommy and all the team at Sweet Seeds and of course to the mighty UK420! :yep:

Edited by S.K.
  • Like 3

med_gallery_4498_1929_61480.jpg

Environment = 1.2 msq grow tent, Carbon filter vented to open window, small intake fan and ducting, and a large oscillating fan.

Medium = BioBizz All-mix starting in 10" pots, later transplanting to 11 litre pots.

Lighting = 400w hps son-t plus to begin with, moving upto 600w hps as they develop.

Nutrients and addatives = Keeping it simple, BioBizz grow and bloom and will be adding vintage bat guano in flowering.

SK

• Like 2

The Sweet selection

med_gallery_4498_1929_138415.jpg

Big Foot, Black Jack, Cream Caramel, Jack47, Snow Fruit and last but by no means least, Sweet Cheese :)

One plant of each strain will be grown out.

SK

• Like 1

Hi S.K.!! :yep:

Welcome to the contest my friend, it's a pleasure to have the first winner of this competition participating once again ;)

Would be great to see you repeating the prowess, hehehe, specially with all the good vibes and fair play you always showed around here :yes: But rivalry is now higher than ever, this year the contest is breaking all the records in terms of quantity and quality. You'll add up to both parameters, for sure ;)

Good luck buddy, some great strains you're about to test :smokin:

Sweet smokes,

tommy

• Like 1

The story so far...

So to begin with one seed from each of the six strains was pre-soaked in tepid water for two to three hours before being removed and placed between paper towels. I like to pre-soak seeds when germinating as I find it gives them a bit of a kick-start in life.

In less than 24 hours all six seeds had split open giving 100% germination rate :yep: This was a very good result as I took the chance of only germing one seed from each strain.

Once they opened they were planted in 10" pots filled with BioBizz all-mix and placed under 20 hours of light, a day or so later and all six have breached the surface of the soil and are lifting up with seed shells still attached.

Once they have shed the shells they will be placed under 400w of hps with plenty of distance from the light so as not to burn them.

med_gallery_4498_1929_175977.jpg

med_gallery_4498_1929_385616.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to know about the germination rate :yep:

It's going to be interesting to see how you deal with an Indica - Sativa mix all together in the same closet :yes: I'm sure you'll manage to do it ;)

Cheers! :smokin:

tommy

• Like 1

better get ya finger out quick smart man ..the years going faster by the day ..good luck

Time is indeed of the essence my friend, hence no SCROG this time as I had previously planned for these ladies.. But I reckon we should be ok.

Best of luck SK.

Why thank you kind sir :)

the best of luck to you

Cheers Rabid and thanks for dropping in buddy.

Hi S.K.!! :yep:

Welcome to the contest my friend, it's a pleasure to have the first winner of this competition participating once again ;)

Would be great to see you repeating the prowess, hehehe, specially with all the good vibes and fair play you always showed around here :yes: But rivalry is now higher than ever, this year the contest is breaking all the records in terms of quantity and quality. You'll add up to both parameters, for sure ;)

Good luck buddy, some great strains you're about to test :smokin:

Sweet smokes,

tommy

Hi Tommy and thanks for the warm welcome buddy, its a real pleasure to once again be a part of this great comp and to be working with SS genetics again! I have not been this exited about a grow for a long time so hopefully that will show through in this diary :) If I can repeat the prowess that would be the best feeling ever and I will certainly do my very best although like you say the competition is hotter than ever before so I will have to bring my 'A' game :yes:

I'm also very exited about the strain selection too and am looking forward to sampling the different flavours and effects they will offer, they will all be new to me apart from our old favourite the cream caramel.

Thanks for dropping in mate :yep:

All the best again mucker.

Cheers

Cheers fella, appreciated :yep:

Edited by S.K.
  • Like 1

Nice to know about the germination rate :yep:

It's going to be interesting to see how you deal with an Indica - Sativa mix all together in the same closet :yes: I'm sure you'll manage to do it ;)

Cheers! :smokin:

tommy

I also had 100% germ rate in the first comp, says very good things about the company imo :yep:

It will be an interesting challenge growing all six strains together, but one I'm prepared for and happy to undertake ;)

Happy tokes mate,

SK

• Like 1

Nice strain selection you have there mate, the more the better i think.

Will follow this one with interest, as im sure there going to be grown well :yep:

Best Of Luck with the competition :smokin:

• Like 1

Nice strain selection you have there mate, the more the better i think.

Will follow this one with interest, as im sure there going to be grown well :yep:

Best Of Luck with the competition :smokin:

Hi Ganjaman, I am very exited about the selection this time, especially since I have only previously tried the Cream Caramel which I loved to bits.. Will be nice to have 6 different strains to choose from come harvest time and there will be plenty of options for different cocktailed joints and bong/vape hits :)

Thanks for watching dude,

SK

• Like 1

Day 1 veg.

Hello all you lovely lot :) Everything has been going well in the sweet shop, yesterday the babies were placed under a 400w hps for what I consider day one of 'true' veg time as they have just ended the propagation stage.

They are all looking happy and healthy, all six strains except for the Jack47 have had a little stretch to begin with, but this is normal and was expected. The Jack47 looks happy and healthy too but has stayed very short and squat compared to the other five strains. I have raised them closer to the light now to slow the stretch but left the Jack47 a bit lower so she continues to have a little stretch and catch up the others.

Overall shot

med_gallery_4498_1929_134280.jpg

So far the switch to organic soil from hydro has been a smooth transition but I do notice a lot slower growth rate at this stage of the grow as compared to the NFT, maybe its due to planting directly into the All-Mix which is high in nutrients and requires no feeding for roughly the first three weeks of growth, this is my first time using the medium so I will be watching them very closely indeed. :geek:

I have worked out that I have roughly 4 weeks to allow for veg growth at the most so it should work out fine :)

BlackJack

med_gallery_4498_1929_126559.jpg

SnowFruit

med_gallery_4498_1929_45929.jpg

Short and stocky and very cute Jack47

med_gallery_4498_1929_115038.jpg

Sorry not the greatest pics today, am just getting to grips with a new camera so they should hopefully improve as things progress ;)

Thanks for looking everyone and may the force be with you all :starwars:

SK

• Like 2