Dot's Sweet Brew

dotcotton

Yeah boyyy! Completely turned it around, i was a bit worried for you in the first few pages! But nothing but progression. Banging first grow. What was the harvest like? weight? smoke? Well done man.

Peace! :bong:

• Like 1

What can i say dot :notworthy:

You could say;

"well done Dot";

"That is cracking Dot";

"A damn fine grow Dot";

"Is that really your first grow Dot"

To list a few. The choice is yours.

Cheers :smokin:

Hiphip, thanks for the encouragement fella :yep: making me all shy now

Dot that is a great grow, allot better than that hiphips :wassnnme:

Cheers Rabid, definitely nowhere near as good as Hiphip's though.

Yeah boyyy! Completely turned it around, i was a bit worried for you in the first few pages! But nothing but progression. Banging first grow. What was the harvest like? weight? smoke? Well done man.

Peace! :bong:

Hello ProGee,

Welcome aboard buddy, thanks for reading the diary.

I haven't been on in a little while because I have been chopping for seven days now. Only managed to chop three of the girls in this time.

The plants got their last spell of light at day 70. There will be an update covering day 70 followed by a harvest update in the next couple of days, once I've chopped and hung the last plant, Jack 47.

Hope everyone's well.

Dot :hippy:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey 'sup dot, 1st let me bow and apologize for not poppin in your diary man :spliff: , so many of them and not enough time.

Which is why i'm glad you got nominated 'cuz now i've caught up i can see your work has landed you a crackin bed of bud. Look like good'ol tight nugs too. Njoy that smoko my friend :guitar:

Congrat's on this month's Nom , a great grow all round and gets my vote :smoke: .

peace :hippy:

Fantastic that you have been nominated again Dot. It goes to show that a good grow is achievable by even someone who has never grown before. Well done Dot. All the best of Luck mate.

• Like 1

Hey 'sup dot, 1st let me bow and apologize for not poppin in your diary man :spliff: , so many of them and not enough time.

Which is why i'm glad you got nominated 'cuz now i've caught up i can see your work has landed you a crackin bed of bud. Look like good'ol tight nugs too. Njoy that smoko my friend :guitar:

Congrat's on this month's Nom , a great grow all round and gets my vote :smoke: .

peace :hippy:

Mygreenmojo,

Welcome aboard my friend, thank you for taking the time to look through the diary, your vote is very much appreciated :yep:

congrats on you gotm nomination. good luck :yinyang:

Rabid,

Cheers buddy, really didn't ecpect to get nominated again, I'm truly humbled.

Will be popping by your great diary in a bit.

Fantastic that you have been nominated again Dot. It goes to show that a good grow is achievable by even someone who has never grown before. Well done Dot. All the best of Luck mate.

Hiphip,

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. Without the help and good will of people like you, I would have never made it through.

Congrats on the nomination mate, well deserved :yep:

Hi Gland,

Thank you very much, congrats to you too buddy.

Next up, a retrospective update from Day 70...

• Like 3

Dear diary,

First up, an apology for not updating as often as usual over the past weeks, I had no idea how much work harvesting would be. Fortunately, I have been documenting the harvest as much as possible, so expect a number of entries over the next few days to make up for it.

Thank you Sweet Seeds for giving me another opportunity at GOTM, and thank you to everyone who has taken the time to go through the nomination diaries and vote.

gallery_69140_4098_28781.jpg

Update 16th May

Day 70 Flower - Final lighting period

So the plants made it to day 70 flower, while J47 still had some fighting spirit in her, the others were begging to be chopped. As I only have one area for growing and drying, they all had to come down at the same time.

The plants had a final surge in the last few days leading up to chop day, the flowers stacked on some new calyxes which flared out in all directions like a fireworks light show. The trichs had turned milky on all plants and even a little amber in places. Everything I had read so far suggested it was time.

The flush

I tried to follow Owderb's flushing method as best I could. The plants got ten days of Ionic Grow at an EC of 0.9 (background EC 0.73) followed by five days of unadulterated water straight from the tap.

So here are some pictures from day 70 accompanied by a tenuously linked tune :)

Chester P - Rocks Bottom

Group Shot

gallery_69140_4098_142176.jpg

Black Jack #1

Black Jack #1 looks like a real monster, but it's hard to tell just yet as she is the hardest to reach, of all the plants she has has the least meddling and I think it has done her a lot of good.

She has developed wonderful dense buds, frosty like fruit pastels, beautiful bud structure, light green in colour with burgundy tufts spilling out of the calyxes.

gallery_69140_4098_271632.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_131649.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_271789.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_58736.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_322489.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_331217.jpg

A side by side of the two Black Jack phenos (left, Black Jack #1, right, Black Jack #2)

Black Jack #2

Black Jack #2 is looking wonderful, a very different pheno to her bigger sister. Smaller buds with darker hues of brown and green. Much less frost but smells spectacular and really dense.

gallery_69140_4098_182558.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_188585.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_28781.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_213923.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_183670.jpg

Sweet Afghani Delicious

SAD is looking ready to drop. She has developed super dense little nuggets with purple hues and a silver sheen. Still smells really meaty and oniony. Very different plant to the other indicas.

gallery_69140_4098_20346.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_68259.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_25776.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_1704.jpg

PTO...

• Like 5

Jack 47

Jack 47 is looking great, still looks like she can do with more time. Every day I leave her, she just adds on more girth. Definitely a heavy Sativa influence in this pheno. Loads of pretty long colas, really frosty and sticky with strong notes of lemon and sandlewood.

gallery_69140_4098_16451.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_15568.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_278494.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_386102.jpg

So I'm sad to say that was the last flowering update, it had been a fantastic journey so far and I will cherish the experience of my first grow forever. Thank you Sweet Seeds and a special thank you to everyone at UK420 for the support in getting me this far.

Hold your horses though, as I'll be doing a harvest update followed by a smoke report now that the plants have had a week or so in jars, so watch this space....

ATB,

• Like 7

Congratulations on yer first harvest Dot, I do believe that is the best first grow and a dam sight better than a lot of experienced grows I've seen :king:

Take a bow son :notworthy:

Loving the purpleness :wub:

"Rock bottom, chain smoking like Dot Cotton" lol

Ya can kick back now mate and get VERY hammered :stoned:

Looking forward to the next lot, until then stay safe and all the best

GL with the nom also (reckon it might be in the bag this time bud)

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Alright CK?

Thank you my friend, those are some very kind words :yep:

I've been missing the tree house, can't wait to catch up with the lucky 7.

Between work and chopping, I haven't had a spare minute to myself for ages, just looking forward to smoking away the Jubilee weekend now. But there's a lot of work to do on the diary still, so no rest just yet.

Chat soon buddy,

Edited by dotcotton
  • Like 2

Yosser,

Thanks for stopping by mate.

I was dubious about the quality I'd get from a home grow (I know good weed and I'm picky) but this grow has convinced me. I'm blown away by the quality, looking forward to seeing what a good cure can do.

ATB,

• Like 1

Congratulations on this fine looking harvest dotcotton and your well deserved nomination for GOTM, my vote goes out to you. :yep:

Good times. :bong:

• Like 2