bill's sweet seeds comp diary

billbud

billbud's sweet seeds diary 2011/12

Well what can I say,

Firstly thanks to the owners and mods of this site and the opportunity that it provides, may it long continue. Secondly to the Sweet Seeds team and it's generosity, truly first class and to their voice here, Tommy, rock on Tommy rock on.

This is my first attempt at any growing comp be it longest bean or biggest pumpkin, I'll do what I can in the hope of scraping into the prizes. I'd also like to learn and pick up a few mates along the way.

I have about 5-6 weeks to go on my current grow and then after that I'll be starting my beans that arrived this morning, no sig required but I do know my postman pretty well and he knows that I work nights.

So the strains, I went with jack-47, the two man reasons for doing so were jack herer and ak-47, ive heard of these strains but not knowingly smoked them

sweet cheese, well it just sounds like heaven, I love cheese and cant wait to try this one

then I went for the cream caramel, I've seen this in a few diary’s and looks real nice, also crossed with white rhino which is a smoke I have had a few times and always surprises me

I'll be growing in a dr90, extraction is a hi-power 4 inch ruck and carbon filter and 4inch ttinline for intake, starting off under a 250w cfl then onto 400w duel spec bulb. I'm looking to get all 9 on the go in 6ltr square pots after 2 pots ups, not sure what soil I'm going to use I'll have have a look and see what's about.

Feed will be PM Bio-silicon and some Boost in veg, then OT1's Organic Bloom, thinking about getting some fish mix as well for this grow.

Well that's about it for the moment apart from a few pics, I'll update as soon as the lids come of the tubes and I got them lovely beans in my grubby mits

good luck one n all

bill

post-64124-0-88047200-1317040616_thumb.jpgjack-47post-64124-0-65588700-1317040675_thumb.jpgsweet cheesepost-64124-0-96456700-1317040712_thumb.jpgcream caramel

• Like 1

Hi bill! Thanks for your kind words! :yep:

It's a pleasure to us to have this kind of contestants here, you all rock ;)

Hope you enjoy our sweets! (your sweets now, hehehe) Good luck for the contest, keep it sweet!

|tommy_g|

• Like 1

Hey guys, thanks for posting

Nothing to report just itching to get started :wassnnme:

Maybe 2-3 weeks and Ill be cracking my sweets :wink:

bill

Edited by billbud

• 1 month later...

OK, we are off, happy days I've been looking forward to getting this grow going for ages but had to hold off due to the boiler packing up, as the grow is in the next room I've had to pack it all away while having the work done.

Anyway enough of the boring stuff and on with the fun, :yahoo::guitar:

Ive put all 9 of my seeds into Plagron Bat-Mix using 1ltr/4" pots watered in with Plagron Roots at 10ml per litre and are currently sitting in the airing cupbaord.

I'll be putting my tent back up on Sunday, I've had an early crimbo box in the shape of a new fan and filter, a 6" temp/speed controlled VK Centrifugal Extractor Fan and a 6"X300mm Rhino carbon filter, my 4"rvk will become my intake fan, I don't think 'll have any airflow problems anymore :wink:

In summary then

3 X Jack47

3 X Sweet Cheese

3 X Cream Caramel all in bat-mix and 4" pots

400w duel spec in 80cm parabolic

DS90

6" out and 4" intake

Looking to chop late Febuary, and to round of a little picture

bill

gallery_64124_3457_35538.jpg

Congratulations on the new gear bill :yep: Good luck in the competition :lucky: I am going to be doing J47 and SC in January when I start my comp grow :)