Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

Serpent

Hi serp,

I am new to autos and usually go from cuttings. I started a thread asking for any advice on how to get best I can out of my girls and I was told your the man regards autos. I have currently just cracked 2 Green Poison and 2 Fast Bud#2. I have currently got them under a 250cfl and was planning to change them over to a 600hps. At wot age would you recommend I change the light. Also I have various size pots 8ltr,10ltr,11ltr,12ltr and 15ltr, which size would you recommend? If you have any other advice regarding them 2 Sweet Seed varieties, green Poison and fast bud#2, then please feel free to tell me all.

Cheers cheeseyblue.

Dude, Serps isn't about much at the minute, but I can try to help you - can't really help with the light (and I hope he won't mind me saying he wouldn't be able to either) as both of us have only used a 250W lamp - search in the "lighting" forum and you should be able to find some advice on light distance :yep: As for date, I'd do it about day 10-12, depending on how healthy they are, but I can't help on the light distance and temperature control.

For the pots, 8l is more than enough for an auto, they flower so quick a 6.5l pot is usually ample, so don't waste anything bigger than an 8l on them.

I know fast bud is a nice smoke, had one that reeeeally glued me to the couch, grown a few and they're a real easy plant to grow, difficult to go wrong :yep: Never tried the other one.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for taking the time to write this Serpent.

I have followed this method for a few crops now and have had good results with it.

Have had great success with some fine erb from the cream caramel and also auto hobbit which averaged at 3 1/4 oz per plant of some good quality stuff.

I used the method of knocking the lights down from 24 hours at seedling to 20 or 18 for main growth+flower and then take it down on the final week or two to 18-14 and have very equal results if your worried about electric costs.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possibl to do a scroog grow on autos I've grown 2differnt autos,northern lights and maxi gomo autos and they grew pretty tall maybe 3 foot to 4 foot, think I'll try it

I've never scrogged an auto and people say you shouldn't, but, I don't see why on some of the taller phenos you couldn't do it if your limited with headroom, as in the past I've had to supercrop when they've reached over 3ft, but if I'd have scrogged it could have saved some burnt leaves and heartache! Whether scrogging effects yield, I don't know, most autos have one main cola, but with the lower branches in a scrog getting more light, it may just improve, but as there so darn quick, it might not work that way, worth an experiment :D

• 4 weeks later...

how would a grow go with,6 autos in a 1x1 drobe be flower for 2weeks veg with 250 wt cfl blue,then change to 250 wt red for flower,

would love to try them as a sneaky little grow when my veg room is not in use.what size pots would you recomend.

cheers in advance,stella

• 1 month later...

Hey Serpent,

Great guide, I will be following it with in the next few days/week and going by your advice will be re-joining the "ditch the dealer" crew with 4 Cream Caramel in a DR60 :wink: Here's to hoping for great things!

Cheers again for the guide,

3PH :yinyang:

Fantastic guide , , very informative. I purchased 10 autos (5 lemon haze) +(5 berry ryder) put them in water and they all popped in 24 hours , there going in coca in 10L pots , i usualy use canna A+B but am going to use your recomendation . Im ina 1.2m×2m tent , just pondering on putting 2×600w in instead v just 1 × 600w ,, would this benifit the girls ? . ? ? I have good ennviroment control so heat is not an issue, any thoughts ppl ???

• Like 1

Good luck scowy :yep: As for the lights, well the more the better but not sure if its a bit overkill for your space, might be worth asking in environment or someone might answer who has more experience in bigger grow rooms

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great thread, just finishing off 8 big biddha cheese photo periods, got 8 scrogged under 2.4m x 1.2m 2x600w dual spec hps in sun system air cooled hoods (taken 3 1/2 months to veg the scrog out :o ) way too long! so going for try some autos. Gonna try 9x mohan ram auto 2 and 9x sweet special auto seen the pics and they look amazing!

As for 2x600 hps in a dr120, thats a bit high in my opinion, if you want to increase you should be maxing out at 1000w hps in that space, i would go more along the lines of 1x600hps and top up with red spec cfl's if you really want to increase :) hope this helps

• Like 1