The Hardcore Dance Music Thread

killa

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The term hardcore has been co-opted to describe a serious amount of unrelated music. Most overused term ever. Real hardcore is 80's punk rock, anything else has just borrowed the term.

yes but i think people still refered to it as "Punk Rock" they just use the term hardcore to describe themselves!

Hardcore as I know it, has always been Hardcore and nothing else. :B):

hardcore means different things to people... i used to love the odd rave years ago and to me 93 94 had some good hardcore.. this tune aint propper propper hard but i love it! reminds me of elevation reincarnation rave... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujvremH9bNg

oh yes true Oldskool Hardcore as its labeled today,

brilliant track that! :yep:

• Like 2

last two and oh my god the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up listening to the first one, first time in a while and it never fails to get me.

• Like 1

No, Hardcore is an offshoot of the punk genre. Punks might refer to themsleves as 'hardcore' but hard thrash punk rock came to be known as hardcore in the early 80's.

This is the hardcore i grew up on...

• Like 1

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you meant proper hardcore like below not boom boom music :stoned:

Sorry, couldn't resist, I'll get me coat :hippy:

• Like 1

last two and oh my god the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up listening to the first one, first time in a while and it never fails to get me.

thats the thing with hardcore it can make u rush even without drugs lol

dammit just found these two too, I'll stop now.

reminiss away my friend :D

quality tunage :yep:

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you meant proper hardcore like below not boom boom music :stoned:

Sorry, couldn't resist, I'll get me coat :hippy:

looool the old boom boom chesnut hey ;)

No, Hardcore is an offshoot of the punk genre. Punks might refer to themsleves as 'hardcore' but hard thrash punk rock came to be known as hardcore in the early 80's.

ahhh rite :punk:

Yeah sorry not very original I know, I'm from the same skool as relativity, hardcore to me is bands from the 80's like minor threat, bad brains, black flag, dri, misfits etc completely different to your version of hardcore :D

• Like 1

That's not hardcore..lol

Now this is hardcore..

And a big shout goes out to the revelation massive.. You know who you are..:yep:

Beat me to it!

I don't even know how the stuff hixxy and co banged out got branded as 'hardcore', there's nothing hardcore about it! I guess it's the logical continuation of old skool hardcore, and no offense to you guys who like it, but the name doesn't match the music at all :alien2:

So, here's some more actual 'ardcore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnzlbhSs4n4

I am guessing that there must be one or two of you among us that was at big love '92 and remembers the crowds reaction when DJ Tannith dropped this bomb shell.. :hippy:

• Like 2

Have to agree about hixxy, dougal et al, a load of wank imo. Hardcore was never that hard though, the hellfish track madgiz posted is more gabba to my mind :unsure:

Whether you call it gabba, techno or hardcore, this was a classic mixtape;

Edited by ~nobody~
  • Like 1

nobody man I love you as that has taken me right back dude I was almost dancing like a loony infront of Ribbzy for whole of the night.. Nice one..:yep:

E2a Big shout goes out to the revelation massive and a big fuck off to Roger Cook..lol

E2a The best thing about the producers set is that when every one was playing hardcore back then but because he new tanith was headlining him he decided to do a techno set too and he stole the fucking show..:)

Edited by madgiz