The Hardcore Dance Music Thread

killa

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is this the genre that sounds like all the lyrics are performed by alvin and the chipmunks with the backing speeded up? I don't like it whatsoever, especially the adverts for the albums where they play clips of 10 different songs that sound exactly the same with a squeaky voice-over from some 15 yr old girl.

Though saying that when I was 20 the early stuff didn't sound too bad for about 6 months, but give me proper, grown up, sexy house any day :wassnnme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_fXDfZR-4U&feature=related

great video :D

yes u have the right genre, lol some of it can seem quite kiddie but there is the darker side of the core aka gabber

this is mild sum of it could make ur ears bleed lol

I still listen to my 24- cassette pack of Helter Skelter every now n then., Used to be daily but the quality of tapes I cant handle anymore :(

good old tape packs hey :D

Helter Skelter kicked ass!! :king:

i have quite a few tape packs but not 1 ov em has the full set off tapes inside lol

Its wank, proper wank. You know, piss-poor 'orrible shite.

lol fairplay ;) different strokes for different folks n all that :D

I still listen to my 24- cassette pack of Helter Skelter every now n then., Used to be daily but the quality of tapes I cant handle anymore :(

i have quite a few tape packs but not 1 ov em has the full set off tapes inside lol

Oh yes, Dougal & Hixxy being my favs. I still have all the tapes all in top condition, I figure in 50 years time these will be worth a fortune, Although I probably wont be around, My kids will.

thats not even music! :P

nope... its Hardcore :P

haha, fair enuff, each to their own and all that! I just dont think you can call yourself a producer if you make hardcore/gabba etc. Anyone could make a tune like that in no time!

:B):

Some Gabba is just as commercial as upfront though

Yes that is a Gabba remix of Coldplay :rofl: Edited by Macca

Oh yes, Dougal & Hixxy being my favs. I still have all the tapes all in top condition, I figure in 50 years time these will be worth a fortune, Although I probably wont be around, My kids will.

tbh mate in mint condition they are worth a bit now... but like you say in 50 years a bloody fortune :D

Hixxy is Boss :king:

Sy is my fave that guy can scratch :dj:

dougal is pure exodus cheese :D

^^ One of the very few upfront tracks from Hixxy i can stand, good tune. Hixxy as far as a producer and especially a DJ is actually not great, in fact he's a terrible DJ lol but he's responsible for HTID and everything that it achieved ie bringing Hardcore in to the mainstream to an extent, so he has my respect there

Edited by Macca

That's not hardcore..lol

Now this is hardcore..

And a big shout goes out to the revelation massive.. You know who you are..:yep:

Edited by madgiz
  • Like 2

I thought this was going to be a thread about Cro-Mags and Black Flag. That's my kind of hardcore.

Edited by Monkey Tennis
  • Like 1