The Hardcore Dance Music Thread

killa

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

To help enhance this topic either skin up :skin_up: or fill a bowl :bong:

Im 30 and have listened to hardcore since i was 14 my love for this genre go's way deeper than just listening to my favourate music. :guitar:

If you are familiar with this scene then you will know the term Hardcore til i die! (Which I definitely am) :dj:

Its my happy place :hippy:

The scene has had its ups and downs back in 2000 it hit rock bottom, raves were few and far between and hardcore albums in the mainstream were non existent but by 2002 the scene was once again thriving with the trend once again in its favour.

I find that people either love it or hate it and am interested in what you guys think??

pre 2000 it was called happy hardcore and the "happy" label was dropped in order to bring it into a new age, so do you think it hardcore today is as good as back in the day?

here are 2 examples of hardcore:

Happy Hardcore

Upfront Hardcore

All views are very welcome and much appriciated :yep:

• Like 3

I used to like early 1990`s stuff.

I still like dance music but hardcore is a bit much for me now man.

I used to. Used to DJ (restricted to the bedroom sadly) and still have hundreds of Hardcore records. I'm a bit younger though and so i missed the glory days, but i prefer the music from back then. My youth was spent blaring "children of the night" and "field of dreams" on my phone and getting blazed with like-minded mates. The cheese then was different to the cheese now. The resurgence in the early 2000s saw some great tunes being made (bonkers 11 was one of my favourites in the series) but imo it began to go downhill again from 2007-8 (when AATW took over Bonkers i think?) and i completely stopped buying records and new albums from 2009. It may seem a bit self-indulgent but i still throw on my old mixes every now and again. I'll always love the old stuff

Oh and i'm sure you know but Toytown was made by Hixxy and Sharkey.

A couple of my favourite tunes :stoned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAMjR196GY

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

HTID forever, and always old school to the bone.

Nice 1 my fellow raver :D

do u attend many raves? HTID in the sun is happnin rite now... wish i was there :wub:

e2a: just noticed its your first post so welcome to uk420 :yep:

Edited by killa

Scott Brown is a hardcore legend.

I still give the old Q-tex a blast now n then.

Was a right good hardcore scene here years ago man.

Hanger 13 crew

Guest oldskoolsmoker

Early 90s was bagging but after 93 94 I moved to the jungle DnB scene and never looked back :smokin:

To cheesy for me wont see me fluffy boots lol

Thanks been here a few months now just reading reading reading and trying to learn, but love my hardcore. Went to one about 6 weeks ago in bristol by the river, good one as well and def got one soon to do me and the friends no its on the border need to have a dance to let it all out.

I used to. Used to DJ (restricted to the bedroom sadly) and still have hundreds of Hardcore records. I'm a bit younger though and so i missed the glory days, but i prefer the music from back then. My youth was spent blaring "children of the night" and "field of dreams" on my phone and getting blazed with like-minded mates. The cheese then was different to the cheese now. The resurgence in the early 2000s saw some great tunes being made (bonkers 11 was one of my favourites in the series) but imo it began to go downhill again from 2007-8 (when AATW took over Bonkers i think?) and i completely stopped buying records and new albums from 2009. It may seem a bit self-indulgent but i still throw on my old mixes every now and again. I'll always love the old stuff

Oh and i'm sure you know but Toytown was made by Hixxy and Sharkey.

A couple of my favourite tunes :stoned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAMjR196GY

yes mate i hear ya... 2010 has seen a drop in followers but is pickin back up!

I own all 18 bonkers plus ltd edition add ons, aatw being commercial tried to change the appearance of bonkers to appeal to a wider audience and then changed back to there original design which kinda spoils the collection somewhat.... still my favourite possession tho :)

nice tunes btw :yep:

Scott Brown is a hardcore legend.

I still give the old Q-tex a blast now n then.

Was a right good hardcore scene here years ago man.

Hanger 13 crew

big up the Hanger 13 crew :yep:

and scutt brooon is defo a legend :D

• Like 1

Early 90s was bagging but after 93 94 I moved to the jungle DnB scene and never looked back :smokin:

To cheesy for me wont see me fluffy boots lol

lol

Thanks been here a few months now just reading reading reading and trying to learn, but love my hardcore. Went to one about 6 weeks ago in bristol by the river, good one as well and def got one soon to do me and the friends no its on the border need to have a dance to let it all out.

ya cant beat it can ya!! ;)

back in the day DnB, Hardcore, and techno went hand in hand now they stand on their own feet and tbh i prefer it that way as theres never any trouble at raves these days, whereas back then trouble would start between the genre's.

probly has sumin to do with xtc but its all about the love for the scene :wub:

Edited by killa

Is this the genre that sounds like all the lyrics are performed by alvin and the chipmunks with the backing speeded up? I don't like it whatsoever, especially the adverts for the albums where they play clips of 10 different songs that sound exactly the same with a squeaky voice-over from some 15 yr old girl.

Though saying that when I was 20 the early stuff didn't sound too bad for about 6 months, but give me proper, grown up, sexy house any day :wassnnme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_fXDfZR-4U&feature=related

I still listen to my 24- cassette pack of Helter Skelter every now n then., Used to be daily but the quality of tapes I cant handle anymore :(

• Like 1