The Hardcore Dance Music Thread

killa

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thats not even music! :P

nope... its Hardcore :P

I just dont think you can call yourself a producer if you make hardcore/gabba etc. Anyone could make a tune like that in no time!

i'd have to disagree :nea:

^^ One of the very few upfront tracks from Hixxy i can stand, good tune. Hixxy as far as a producer and especially a DJ is actually not great, in fact he's a terrible DJ lol but he's responsible for HTID and everything that it achieved ie bringing Hardcore in to the mainstream to an extent, so he has my respect there

Think he's got Dougal & Gammer helping him on that one lol

Gammer is a top producer. love his stuff.

This is probably my favourite old hardcore track, probably classed as happy hardcore this.

I just dont think you can call yourself a producer if you make hardcore/gabba etc. Anyone could make a tune like that in no time!

hows that then? do you find it hard to produce hardcore?

I would too, getting the mix down, levels, EQ all spot on is hard. If you watch vids of producers giving out tips they even say they will play a tune out on a proper club system a good few times before they are happy with it. Lots of clipping going on an shit ....

e2a; EQ'ing a Gabba track would be even more so difficult with all the bass and low frequencies :yes:

Edited by Lonely Stoner

I would too, getting the mix down, levels, EQ all spot on is hard. If you watch vids of producers giving out tips they even say they will play a tune out on a proper club system a good few times before they are happy with it. Lots of clipping going on an shit ....

fair enuff, but what exactly do you mean by loads of clipping? a well produced tracks master output shouldnt clip anyway and you certainly dont need to play a track out to see if it clips.

:B):

Some Gabba is just as commercial as upfront though

Yes that is a Gabba remix of Coldplay :rofl:

yes mate love this stuff :yep:

That's not hardcore..lol

Now this is hardcore..

And a big shout goes out to the revelation massive.. You know who you are..:yep:

lol im rushin to this track lol bit of DnB, Hardcore n techno all in 1 great stuff :yep:

That's not hardcore..lol

Now this is hardcore..

And a big shout goes out to the revelation massive.. You know who you are..:yep:

Deathcore?

Me too. Making a good solid Gabba kick is hard enough, getting it to sit in a track surrounded by other frequencies is fucking work. Please though I-KUE if you could knock up a Gabba tune or even Hardcore tune in the next 5-10 minutes, post away.

Think he's got Dougal & Gammer helping him on that one lol

Think they did more than help. Hixxy probably brewed up and did the voice over the top while D&G made the tune.

Great tune btw :yep:

Edited by Macca

hows that then? do you find it hard to produce hardcore?

yes sometimes! but then i make tunes that fill the dance floor and consider myself a bit of a perfectionist :D

yes its easy to a certain point until it comes to the mixdown and the mastering part then uve gotta be skilled in this area :wassnnme:

The term hardcore has been co-opted to describe a serious amount of unrelated music. Most overused term ever. Real hardcore is 80's punk rock, anything else has just borrowed the term.

• Like 1

Guest weirdofmouth

The term hardcore has been co-opted to describe a serious amount of unrelated music. Most overused term ever. Real hardcore is 80's punk rock, anything else has just borrowed the term.

you're right, mate

don't even get me started on what "R & B" means

• Like 1

Guest baked-alot

hardcore means different things to people... i used to love the odd rave years ago and to me 93 94 had some good hardcore.. this tune aint propper propper hard but i love it! reminds me of elevation reincarnation rave... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujvremH9bNg

Edited by baked-alot
  • Like 1

you're right, mate

don't even get me started on what "R & B" means

Hmmm, new R&B, the soundtrack to a thousand unwanted pregnancies every month, usually conceived in a Corsa.

• Like 1