bitcoins

highgrower

Are there any miners worth getting for around £300-400 mark @@eurasian_farmer?

ps I heard someone is supposed to be starting a bitcoin debit card soon, sounds interesting.

eta: meh just messed about with some calculators and ebay and it seems not. Looks like a big investment is needed to get any decent turnover.

Sorry for long wait, was enjoying a bit of beach.

You may like to google 'bitmaintech' they have a few options (but sell out fast)

the way things are looking there will not be much else on offer this year other than expensive & noisy SP3x's

• 6 years later...

WOW!!

I wonder how many of these early adopters managed to cash in on the whole bitcoin malarky..?

The price today is £23,125!! and seemingly no stopping its rise.

I was thinking of just putting like £500 into them and see how it all works but it cant be that easy can it?

• Like 1

I don't think the rise can continue like this. I guess (that's all one can do) that it'll suffer another slump like it did last time it reached c. 20k. I reckon for @ c. £5k each it's worth a punt otherwise the risk is too great IMO.

too many institutions invested now for it to slump. 2017 was retail fomo, this time its institutional. waiting for my alts to pump back up so I can get more btc

• Like 1

Im a complete no idea guy @sweettooth

Do i just get a wallet then spend my £500 and then let it sit there hoping it goes up?

(Which im happy to do cos cash in the bank aint earning a penny!)?

God i feel old where all this stuff is concerned!!

• Like 3

Get a kraken account if you're spending that amount for the best rates if your bank let's you do a Euro SEPA transfer easily/affordably.

Coinbase is OK for small amounts but charge a premium for buying and sending it about.

Get a ledger or trezor hardware wallet and stick in there for a few years is my advice. 

Don't worry about the current price of any fluctuations over the coming months and years - treat it as an investment but its not guaranteed so don't spend what you can't afford not to lose.

• Like 5

Thankyou @mr23 

i was gonna go 500 cos i got no fucking idea what im doing!!

If i could get some solid advice (like you seem to have given) i might chuck a bit more in.

6 hours ago, ravsta said:

If your mining bitcoin does it follow the bc price or is it a fixed rate ?

it follows the price, if not more, demand is higher than supply atm. im gutted I didn't hang on when my $link was worth 18k, I would've had 1.5 BTC now worth almost $50k. Instead I'm floating around the 10k mark. But hey, crypto is full of could'ves and should'ves.

If your thinking about mining btc,  you either need a shit tonne of top of the range GPUs or a room full of asic miners but don't expect a big return, your electricity bill will be huge and you're mining against very big mining companies that have warehouses full of asics. 

• Like 2

Ah ha. the old BTC thread on UK420 has come back to life, is dumb money awakening?  Maybe this is a sell signal?

It's all about Defi at the mo, that's where the money is being made.