Snow Fruit ® [Micro Grow]

Sweet Seeds-tommy

' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow'' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow'' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

gallery_44939_3322_112508.jpg

.:|Final Conclusions|:.

Hi again my friends! :oldtoker:

There's not much more to say but I'll leave you with the final conclusions...

In my opinion it was a perfect grow and I managed to get what I first expected when I had this idea. I was a bit afraid of mold issues but I ended up with no problems at all. If I repeat this kind of grow one day I think I'll change very few things. Maybe I'll do it with 150wHPS instead of the 70wHPS I used this time and maybe I'll also do some kind of windows in the pot (between the soil surface and the net) so I can work better. That would make it easier to remove the lower leafs that rot while it would also facilitate irrigation and bring more air into the lower part of the plant.

I got some good 34 grams out of this beautiful Snow Fruit. For the space I used it was really very good ;) 30cm x 30xm corresponds to an area of 0,09m2: less than 9% of a square meter.

One or two of this little boxes can be enough for someone who consumes few cannabis, like a couple of joints in the weekends. There's almost no need to have a space, the box fits anywhere, even inside a wardrobe behind the clothes. But a good extraction is very important, so that we can use HPS and heat doesn't accumulate in the small space available. It is also important to choose a good plant for SCROG but not a Sativa dominant strain, obviously, or else the plant will stretch too much and the space available in the box doesn't allow for that. This Snow Fruit, 90% Indica, addapted really very well to the system. And I had no previous experience with the SCROG method, this was my first time, but of course having some experience as a grower and knowing the cannabis plant is very important to make good decisions regarding how to do things and in which phases of the grow should they be done.

To know more about this variety you can check my Snow Fruit strain report

gallery_44939_3322_19170.jpg

Keep it sweet my friends! And keep passing by because I'll do another grow test very soon ;)

Sweet smokes! :yep:

|tommy_g|

gallery_44939_3322_3953.jpg

• Like 3
  • 9 months later...

did you do anything special to the plant to keep it short and bushy before it went under the net?

Edited by Grassman57
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Grassman57!

Thanks for the visit my friend :yep:

It was a short Snow Fruit clone with two tops since it rooted. Then I did a bit of LST on it in the first 10-15 days. Then it went straight down the net as you can see in this thread and the "training" on the net did the rest of the job to keep in short and bushy.

You don't need to be an artist to do something like this in such a small closet, but you should have a few experience at least, doing a couple of indoor grows with the LST method...

See you around mate, sweet smokes!!

tommy

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Hey Tommy,

This grow has inspired me to do my own similar grow (due to limited space), although I cant find that homebox mini tent anywhere... Where did you get yours from?

Also this will be my first grow so do you have any tips for me if I were to go ahead with a similar plan as yours? Ill be growing a northern light plant.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi DQ420!

Thanks for the visit my friend :yep:

Yes, Homebox does not sell this size of boxes. They have this size just to be used as demonstration in growshops. Like this in small grow shops where the owners can't have a full size box to show, they have this small one which is exactly the same as the big ones except for the small size.

But there is a different company now that sell boxes with this same size. Tha company is "Hortiline" and the box is "Hortilab 30".

No particular tips besides what you can read in this test grow. When you use it to grow Sweet Seeds strains please open a thread here in the Sweet Seeds subforum and I'll be pleased to follow your experience and help you if you need any help.

See you around, sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

Hey Tommy,

Thanks very much for the info mate, I will buy one of them Hortilab 30's then.

Also I will buy some of the snow fruit seeds from Sweet Seeds and your help would be much appreciated as this is my first grow I will definitely need help.

Do you think that it is a bad idea for me to do a SCORG (or NIP :wink: ) for my first grow? Like is it difficult?

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi again mate ;)

You're welcome :yep:

Yes, it may be a bit risky to go with a NIP and in such a small tent as a first experience. I would say that a first time grower who has 70% chances of getting good results in a big tent with lots of spare space will see the chances going down to 50% if he tries to do it in such a small tent. But this depends very much on the person and on how comminted the person is in trying to do things well done. And, when I say it's a bit risky, maybe the word "risky" is not ideal for this statement since the only thing you risk is gaining more experience for a 2nd try in case the 1st one goes wrong.

For example, I have now 9 years of experience with this hobby and when I did this experience with the NIP in this micro tent it helped a lot knowing previously how the clone was going to behave and when is the right timing to switch it to 12/12 to start flowering. I could be lucky and wise enough to do things well done in my first time but not having a clue about how your plant will behave (predicting the future, hehe) and not having a clue regarding also the right timing to switch to 12/12 may be enough to make this kind of grow impossible.

If you're going to do this with a Snow Fruit (or with any other strain from Sweet Seeds), you could start a thread here in the Sweet Seeds subforum and I'll be please to follow your experience and share some advice if I feel that you need some. Maybe like this you can increase chances of getting good results.

See you around my friend, it's a pleasure to know that this experience inspired you..

Sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

@@Sweet Seeds-tommy

Well I ventured into here after you putting links up in Toastgrow's new diary and glad I did too, fantastic work in here Tommy, a few years old but timeless this work and a class act this diary to squeeze so much out of such a small space, and my you certainly filled that space :eek: Respect bud, some good skills you have in both the growing and the photography and great grow this for inspiration to those out there not wanting to devote time and resources to larger cabs/tents :smokin:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

@@Sweet Seeds-tommy much as with botanics post above I ended up here through the other post and ive just read your diary which is a really great read,details upon details but not hard to read with some great photo work also.

I've spent ages trying to find nice ideas and figure out a couple by myself for my competition diary and hadn't even considered a lot of what you've put in yours years ago hmmmmmmm (badbadger goes and sulks in a dark corner asking what's the point!)

Seriously though its a great little diary tommy and my entry should be running shortly fingers crossed its been held up by my current crop which is a week away I think.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 2