Cream Caramel Auto

Serpent

Glad I read this thread, I was about to order a CC auto as my first ever auto experiment, now I'm not so sure.

I've had the clingy husk problem with all sorts of strains and found a solution by sprinkling about 1cm of sharp sand on top of the compost - it scrapes the husk off as the seed leaves push up through it. Hasn't failed yet and definitely worth a try IMO.

I wouldn't let that put you off, out of the 12 Sweet Seeds I've germed, only 1 didn't crack (Speed Devil #1) and yeah one of the CC auto's had to be culled, but the rest have been fine, the Black Jack & SAD auto's shed their shells with no problems, infact I think they've all shed them OK, although there has been a little bit of human interaction, I guess it is part of the gamble you take when using seeds, the will it or won't it phase!

She's now been chopped and I'm quite happy with what I got from her, a question for you Tommy, a couple of the buds were nearly white in colour, have you any idea what caused this?

gallery_57657_3229_25880.jpg

gallery_57657_3229_58246.jpg

gallery_57657_3229_163446.jpg

gallery_57657_3229_25594.jpg

gallery_57657_3229_64477.jpg

I posted this in my main diary, but thought I'd post it here as well...

Cream Caramel Auto Reflection & Smoke Report

Even though I’ve had a couple of problems with this strain, I have to say I love it, despite her having a slow start and growing a couple of ‘albino’ buds, she’s been a very hardy plant, her main cola was a monster, she’s incredibly sticky with a gorgeous zesty, slightly earthy/musky smell and when cut and dried, a hint of liquorice came through, which mrs serpent noticed more than me.

The buds dried a lot quicker than I thought they would, possibly as I had to use my tent while I’m still growing, I shaded them from the light as good as I could, but some bits still got a little flash dried, and the weight including a bit of stem was 66grams, so I reckon I got in the region of 2oz in 63 days so I’m really happy with that.

The smoke I have to say is incredible, possibly the strongest auto strain I’ve grow, in fact it is! The effect is quite a heavy indica stoned, makes you feel very relaxed and as I’ve found out, its more a night time smoke as if you’ve any pressing work or jobs that need doing, after a few tokes on this, from my experience, they won’t get done, not that I’m complaining mind :smokin:

Also vaped, the taste is really mellow, while the high is a bit more intense, makes you feel incredibly relaxed with a slight couch lock feel, ohh and once you start being able to move again, the munchies come in with a bang, so make sure your stocked up!

All in all, I’d highly recommend this plant, more so than the Il Diavolo, which was a nice quick plant and ideal if you need a quick turnaround, but for quality of smoke, the Cream Caramel beats it hands down, in fact I’d go as far as saying it’s giving the Iced Grapefruit I grew 1st a good run for its money, I even checked with mrs serpent in case I was making it up, but she agreed.

gallery_57657_3229_34176.jpg

gallery_57657_3229_90328.jpg

Keep it green :hippy:

Hi mate! Nice harvest! :guitar:

...and a very nice report too, hope you keep enjoying your CC Auto ;)

She's now been chopped and I'm quite happy with what I got from her, a question for you Tommy, a couple of the buds were nearly white in colour, have you any idea what caused this?

Well, I'm not sure and I don't like to give my opinion when I am not sure, but as we are friends over here I can tell you that my personal opinion is that this may have something to do with vegetable albinism, hehe... Search google images for "albino cannabis" and you'll get many cannabic pics of plants with that same "phenomenon" that you got in a few flowers of your Cream Caramel Auto.

Except for the color, the flowers may have the same texture, size and structural appearance as the non-albino flowers.

Some may say it was originated by some kind of extreme micro nutrient deficiency.

Keep it sweet, kind regards, :skin_up:

|tommy_g|

Cheers for the reply Tommy and wow, we just called them albino buds as that's what they reminded us of, but it's nice to know people actually use that term :D

I googled it as suggested and yeah, although it's not common, it's more common than I realised, I've not smoked any of it yet so not sure if its any different, and yes, the buds had the same texture, size and structural appearance and apart from the colour, the only thing that was different was the smell, it was more zesty than the rest of the plant.

I wouldn't let that put you off, out of the 12 Sweet Seeds I've germed, only 1 didn't crack (Speed Devil #1) and yeah one of the CC auto's had to be culled, but the rest have been fine, the Black Jack & SAD auto's shed their shells with no problems, infact I think they've all shed them OK, although there has been a little bit of human interaction, I guess it is part of the gamble you take when using seeds, the will it or won't it phase!

Just to add to the feedback for Tommy, I am cracking CC auto's at the minute and all three I've done so far have lost the seed casing okay, but had a thick varnishy layer that the plant couldn't get rid of without help, which I'd not encountered before.

All three survived and seem to have thrived despite my fumblings to remove it in their early days :yep:

Nice to know you managed to solve that out, hehehe, it already happened to me a couple of times (not with the CC Autos). I usually grab the plant stem with 2 fingers to get it stable and the pull that little "skin bag" with a tweezer.

Keep us updated, sweet smokes and kind regards,

|tommy_g|

• 2 weeks later...

Well done m8 it's a cracking smoke as you say. weird looking albino nugz m8! did they smoke the same (strength wise) as the others? I know what you mean about the shells not wanting to come off since i started growing AUTO's i have found that they seem to have difficulty shedding their seed casings and on every AUTO grow so far most of them will need some kind of "help" maybe some Ruderalis trait (thicker seed husks to deal with harsher climates??). Up until then i have never had to help a seedling out with normal 12/12 photo period seeds NEVER??

CC really "tard's" me though has me forgetting what i went upstairs/downstairs/to the shed for!! and on more than one occasion stopped conversation in it's tracks 'cause i just forgot what i was talking about!!!

Thanx.

CC really "tard's" me though has me forgetting what i went upstairs/downstairs/to the shed for!! and on more than one occasion stopped conversation in it's tracks 'cause i just forgot what i was talking about!!!

Thanx.

lol been there, done that, got the t-shirt :D

Looking nice mate!Probably the best looking Autos ive seen!

And you rate the finished product,Im impressed!

Can you get regular CC or are they femminised only?

very nice indeed! :yes: you ain't got too long to wait either. :D i guess we'll be both busy next weekend.

AT :oldtoker:

lol it looks that way :D

Looking nice mate!Probably the best looking Autos ive seen!

And you rate the finished product,Im impressed!

Can you get regular CC or are they femminised only?

Wow, thanks mr and yeah the finished product really is a lovely smoke, I'm fairly certain sweet seeds only do feminized, but there's an auto and photoperiod strain of the CC available.