Cream Caramel Auto

Serpent

I'm currently growing out 2 Cream Caramel Auto's, there 5 days from germ, but 1 of them was really slow to crack and shed her shell, when she eventually did, 1 of the 1st sets of leaves was under developed, I'll post a pic below so you can hopefully see what I'm on about and has anyone ever seen anything like this before? If you have, do you know what has caused it and is it something I should be concerned about?

gallery_57657_3229_16316.jpg

looks fine to me mate. i once had a seed that only had one seed-leaf (the little round ones, don't know their proper name) and it was bonza.

reason for edit: there, their, they're :headpain:

Edited by silvester growdrobe

Hi mate!

Seems she had a few birth problems, hehehe, it happens... In my opinion as long as she keeps growing and the first pair of leaves appear and grow properly, there's nothing you should be concerned about. Don't worry about the "damaged" cotyledon ;)

Good luck, keep us updated, kind regards,

|tommy_g|

• 3 weeks later...

Tommy, I don’t know if you’ve seen my current diary, if not, have you any idea what’s going on with these Cream Caramel auto’s, CC#1 (Jordan) has freaky deformed leaves, at first I thought it could have been the soil was a little too hot for her, I potted up about 10 days ago using a mix a 2:1 mix of Plant Magic soil and seedling soil and she’s looking no better really, so I was wondering, have you ever seen anything like it?

CC#2, although is now showing rapid growth after a slow start, some of her leaves are showing strange pale patches, even new growth is showing the same characteristics.

And just so you know, I’m using the same soil and environments that I grew my Speed Devil #2’s and Fat Bud in and they loved it as you saw for yourself, so if you can shed any light on the problems I’m having it would be appreciated, I mean, could it be simply genetic, or something I’ve done?

Here’s some photos of them from yesterday at 23 days

Jordan CC#1

gallery_57657_3229_76189.jpg

gallery_57657_3229_83418.jpg

Katie CC#2

gallery_57657_3229_51906.jpg

gallery_57657_3229_5304.jpg

Peace :hippy:

Guest weedmonsta

those first two look like they are over nuted... i dont use any feed till about 4 weeks with autos... then i only give seaweed extract and a little bat shit...

Thanks weedmonster, I should have said, they've only been fed water, no nutes, although the last couple of feeds they've had 1ml per 2 litre of PM Bio-Silicon

Hi Serpent!

Yes, unfortunatelly I saw what's happening with that poor plant. I'm not sure but in my opinion it may be a virus. I guess there are a few virus that can affect cannabis plants, a good chance is that she's suffering with the Hemp Streak Virus, here's a couple of links:

http://www.cannabiscultura.com/f1/showthread.php?t=4380

http://www.hempfood.com/iha/iha03111.html

I'm not sure but I guess it can be something like that. I once had a plant with that problem, she looked just like yours, but it was only in the first 2 weeks of life, after that all the leaves were healthy and plant vigorous. I'm afraid it is not going to happen with your plant, she is now "old" enough to keep the faith, hehe... As an auto she would start flowering very soon and she doesn't have the structure needed to make a good flowering. Maybe I would give up on her, but if you want you can let her to see what happens, maybe the flowers develop well despite the appearance of the leaves, but I doubt of that... :headpain:

The other CC Auto, with some "albine" leaves, I guess is not suffering from anything serious and she has everything to do a good flowering. Despite that she looks healthy and that is not really a problem :wink:

Well, hope they get better, I'll keep an eye in your diary to see how they develop. Good luck, kind regards,

|tommy_g|

Cheers for the info Tommy, and ummm you could be on to something there, I think I might just chop her down as this might be a stupid question, if I did flower her, how would the virus effect the smoke? I can't imagine it doing you any good?

And yeah, apart from the paling of the leaves, CC#2 is doing really well, her main stem is really thick and squat as well.

Thanks again Tommy :yep:

You're welcome mate :stoned:

I believe it would make life difficult to the flowers to develop, but I don't believe the virus would do anything to any living being except for vegetables (I'm not sure, but that's what I believe). Other thing is that if you, as cannasseur have enough quality smokeables to be able to say no to a product of which you would have doubts. The phrase doesn't sound very good by I guess you understand. That being said, if I were you, I'd give up on her and focus on the other two.

Kind regards mate,

|tommy_g|

Edited by Sweet Seeds

The plant looks very dry, Id give it a water till the water runs out bottom of pot then leave run off for 15 min for plant to drink it, then remove the runoff.

Id also give it that feed plain water then next feed half strenth nutes. Make sure your plant is having a consistent wet/dry period and make sure plants not too close to the light x maybe some super vit by hesi f u have some

Edited by ajthedon

You're welcome mate :stoned:

I believe it would make life difficult to the flowers to develop, but I don't believe the virus would do anything to any living being except for vegetables (I'm not sure, but that's what I believe). Other thing is that if you, as cannasseur have enough quality smokeables to be able to say no to a product of which you would have doubts. The phrase doesn't sound very good by I guess you understand. That being said, if I were you, I'd give up on her and focus on the other two.

Kind regards mate,

|tommy_g|

Cheers Tommy, and yeah I'm gonna take your advice and just give up on her as like you say, she probably won't develop healthy and fat buds anyway :( thanks again for the support Tommy :yep:

The plant looks very dry, Id give it a water till the water runs out bottom of pot then leave run off for 15 min for plant to drink it, then remove the runoff.

Id also give it that feed plain water then next feed half strenth nutes. Make sure your plant is having a consistent wet/dry period and make sure plants not too close to the light x maybe some super vit by hesi f u have some

Thanks AJ, although tbh, that's pretty much how I've been treating her, minus the super vit, I think if the truth be known, she's a lost cause, much like the real Jordan :pitchfork:

Edited by Serpent