Cream Caramel Auto ® | Black Jack Auto ®

Sweet Seeds-tommy

.:|Cream Caramel and Black Jack - The new autoflowering strains by Sweet Seeds|:.

.:|Day 50 since germination|:.

gallery_44939_3146_16314.jpg gallery_44939_3146_73625.jpg

Hi again mates!

So... for today we have the 2 first pics from Black Jack Auto and the next 4 pics are from Cream Caramel Auto.

It seems like at least one of the Cream Caramel Auto will have some purple tones on her flowers :stoned:

gallery_44939_3146_76206.jpg gallery_44939_3146_35499.jpg

Watering Report:

• pH of the water: 6,3
  • Fertilizer: Canna BioFlores (2ml per ltr of water)
  • Bloom stimulator: No
  • Quantity of water per plant: 500ml (7l pots)
  • Watering frequency: once every 2 days

gallery_44939_3146_81321.jpg gallery_44939_3146_40748.jpg

The Weather

• Maximum temperature: 24,3º
  • Minimum temperature: 16,6º
  • Thermic amplitude: 7,7º
  • Humidity with HPS: 47%
  • Humidity without HPS: 86%

Color scale > Green: optimal | Orange: satisfying | Brown: worrying | Red: dangerous

And now a couple of pics with only 5 plants in the Homebox XS: the 5 Cream Caramel Auto...

gallery_44939_3146_1857.jpg gallery_44939_3146_115694.jpg

Stay tuned, I'll come back soon with more ;)

|tommy_g|

• Like 1

Hi friends!

Serpent: They are 45-50cm tall now... and I guess they're not going to grow much more, maybe more 5cm each but that's all. They fit perfectly in my Homebox XS :)

Stay cool, keep it sweet!

|tommy_g|

Thanks Tommy, now this might be a silly question, but how did you manage to keep them to that height, or is that just the genetics of the strain?

I ask as I was expecting my Fast Bud and Speed Devil #2's to be about the same, but have grown well over 3 foot and were just about touching my light as I grow in a dr60 and as I'm planning on cracking some CC autos next, I don't want to run into the same problem.

Well Tommy they are lookin freekin sweeeeet! :guitar: I hold good hopes for mine! Can't believe its only been 50 days since germin...crazy shit! what do you think has caused the purple color to the leaves? TS1

Hello my friends! Thanks for the visits! :stoned:

Thanks Tommy, now this might be a silly question, but how did you manage to keep them to that height, or is that just the genetics of the strain?

I ask as I was expecting my Fast Bud and Speed Devil #2's to be about the same, but have grown well over 3 foot and were just about touching my light as I grow in a dr60 and as I'm planning on cracking some CC autos next, I don't want to run into the same problem.

Hey Serpent. Well, if you give them all the light they want since the beggining they don't stretch much. If they feel that light is poor and a bit far away they will stretch in search for more light. The fact that I keep them under some CFLs in the first 12 days, almost touching the CFL light and since day 12 to harvest they are under a 400wHPS at the closest distance to the lamp possible, makes them short but productive. If they have to search for more light they'll be more stretched, and so, taller, but I personally prefer short bushy plants, that produce the same and sometimes more than big tall plants.

I guess besides the quality and quantity of light there's not much so say about it. Well, maybe if they have to compete with other plants they'll also stretch more than if they had all the space, like outdoors, but my plants have to compete with each others and they stay as short as desired.

Well Tommy they are lookin freekin sweeeeet! :guitar: I hold good hopes for mine! Can't believe its only been 50 days since germin...crazy shit! what do you think has caused the purple color to the leaves? TS1

Hi mate!

Well, soon the leaves and flowers of all the 5 Cream Caramel Autos will turn purple, is going to be beautiful. In the meanwhile the 4 Black Jack Autos will not get that purple color... They will have maybe just a little bit. So, usually people say that cold temps make the plants purple. I think cold temps with a strain that has the "ability" of turning purple in her genes will make the plant purple. But if the plant doesn't have the genes it will not become purple, just like is going to happen with the Black Jack Autos. Some plants are so "genetically purple" that they will get a color even without cold temperatures.

So, being Cream Caramel an offspring of Blue Black, Mapple Leaf Indica and White Rhino, she has the genes of Blue Black and shows this color when submited to cold temps. If it would happen in the summer that's something I'm not abble to say. And also, when I say she's been submited to cold temps I'm just speaking of 14ºC, never less than that, here in the south of Spain the weather is not as cold as over there in the UK.

Stay cool my friends, soon I'll update this ;)

|tommy_g|

Edited by Sweet Seeds

.:|Cream Caramel and Black Jack - The new autoflowering strains by Sweet Seeds|:.

.:|Day 52 since germination|:.

gallery_44939_3146_43021.jpg

Hi again my friends!

Well, day 52 :stoned: They're still filling very well and really very fast, it's amazing. As I said before this is my first time with autos and they are suprising me. Now I think that autos may be a problem in the hands of the grows that don't have experience, but for a grower that is used to success, grow after grow, the autos can be a nice surprise.

Some pics...

gallery_44939_3146_53042.jpg gallery_44939_3146_47542.jpg

Watering Report:

• pH of the water: 6,2
  • Fertilizer: No
  • Bloom stimulator: Liquid Guanokalong (20ml per ltr of water)
  • Quantity of water per plant: 500ml (7l pots)
  • Watering frequency: once every 3 days

gallery_44939_3146_4718.jpg gallery_44939_3146_52674.jpg

gallery_44939_3146_97149.jpg gallery_44939_3146_37457.jpg

The Weather

• Maximum temperature: 24,6º
  • Minimum temperature: 16,8º
  • Thermic amplitude: 7,8º
  • Humidity with HPS: 41%
  • Humidity without HPS: 76%

Color scale > Green: optimal | Orange: satisfying | Brown: worrying | Red: dangerous

gallery_44939_3146_166327.jpg gallery_44939_3146_9676.jpg

gallery_44939_3146_65918.jpg

Hope you enjoy it, I'll be back soon with more, keep it sweet! :spliff:

|tommy_g|

• Like 1

Hey Serpent. Well, if you give them all the light they want since the beggining they don't stretch much. If they feel that light is poor and a bit far away they will stretch in search for more light. The fact that I keep them under some CFLs in the first 12 days, almost touching the CFL light and since day 12 to harvest they are under a 400wHPS at the closest distance to the lamp possible, makes them short but productive. If they have to search for more light they'll be more stretched, and so, taller, but I personally prefer short bushy plants, that produce the same and sometimes more than big tall plants.

I guess besides the quality and quantity of light there's not much so say about it. Well, maybe if they have to compete with other plants they'll also stretch more than if they had all the space, like outdoors, but my plants have to compete with each others and they stay as short as desired.

Thanks for the reply Tommy and that's pretty much what I did as well, had them under CFL's which were as close as I could for 13 days, then under a 250w HPS for the rest of the grow which I usually kept about 12" (300mm) from the tops of the plants (until I run out of head room!), how far do you keep your 400w away from the tops?

And lovin' the macro shots :D

Hi mate!

Thanks for the visit and for your questions. Well, the 400wHPS is sometimes as far as your 250wHPS, hehehehe, I know, I abuse a bit, but some buds can get just 25cm far away from the lamp without burning. They get as much lumens as they can. But if you do as you said maybe the distance to the light had nothing to do with your undesirable stretch... Maybe other factors can contribute to it, I'm not sure...

This are just the first macros, I hope that in the end they get much better and I also hope to share some red trichomes pics :)

Stay cool, keep it sweet and thanks also to everyone else that keeps visiting this thread without posting, much appreciated :stoned:

:skin_up:

|tommy_g|

Hi mate!

Thanks for the visit and for your questions. Well, the 400wHPS is sometimes as far as your 250wHPS, hehehehe, I know, I abuse a bit, but some buds can get just 25cm far away from the lamp without burning. They get as much lumens as they can. But if you do as you said maybe the distance to the light had nothing to do with your undesirable stretch... Maybe other factors can contribute to it, I'm not sure...

This are just the first macros, I hope that in the end they get much better and I also hope to share some red trichomes pics :)

Stay cool, keep it sweet and thanks also to everyone else that keeps visiting this thread without posting, much appreciated :stoned:

:skin_up:

|tommy_g|

Yeah, thats why I asked, maybe the other factor is my environment is so amazing, the girls just want to grow and grow for me, OK, who am I trying to kid :D

Looking forward to the next lot of macro shots :smoke:

Cheers for the info on color tommy lookin real good as ever... if not even better! lookin back at your diary and what you n serp have been talking about i really need to move my light closer they startin to stretch a little and like yourself i like short bushy plants... Stay sweet TS1