My Sweet Seeds Diary - Blackjack, Double White & Sweet Cheese

PowerPainter

Hey sup PP. Dude those gals are a lovely shade of green 4sure. The pinchin' out looks bang on aswell. All the best with that man :spliff:

peace :hippy:

Cheers Bongmonkee, thanks for dropping in.

Alright pp? Mmm a stinky little cheesey one hey? sounds real nice. They all looking good from the potup aswell. That fim also looks spot on. I think its just luck of the draw how many tops you will get. Im certain though the more it does produce, the more it slows down the top growth to let the rest catch up.

:rofl: bat :soap: indeed

DC1

Hey DC hows your Sweet Seeds grow doing?

I wish I could agree with you and nod and act all knowledgeable regarding the FIM, but the truth is this is only the 2nd time I have done it. Going on my last grow though the plants seem to love it.

Cheers for stopping by mate.

Day 22,26,28 & 32

Had a bit of a mishap yesterday. It seems the timer decided to pack up and the lights never came on at 3pm like they are supposed to. I never noticed it until 7pm as I was out most of the the day. This means the plants had 10 hours dark instead of the 6 hours they are supposed to be getting. I doubt it will effect the plants much and I'm glad it's happened during vegging rather than flowering.

All the plants are still very healthy and getting bigger by the day. The most vigorous of the plants are definitely the Sweet Cheese's.

These girls appear to be very hardy and they seem to want to reach for the stars.

Sweet Cheese #1 looks like it has already recovered from being FIM'd and is already showing new growth.

I have started to LST Sweet Cheese #2 and I have already started to manipulate the Blackjack and Double White by pushing their tops over every time I pop my head in the groom.

The next time they are watered I will start to LST them too.

Temps are averaging 27c lights on with humidity around 30% and 18c lights off with humidity at 55%.

Still watering all the plants every 4 days once the pots have dried out, using 700ml of plain straight from the tap water.

Double White - Day 22

gallery_57551_2933_11061.jpg

Sweet Cheese #2 - Day 26

gallery_57551_2933_170529.jpg

Started to LST this girl.

Blackjack - Day 28

gallery_57551_2933_361740.jpg

Sweet Cheese #1 - Day 32

gallery_57551_2933_372172.jpg

Sweet Cheese #1 - FIM

gallery_57551_2933_80469.jpg

New growth showing already at the FIM site on SC #1.

Group Day 32

gallery_57551_2933_173932.jpg

Edited by PowerPainter

Some healthy looking plants there PP. You should be OK regarding your timer issue (I mess up all the time - I need to stop programming the timers stoned), I have had an extended dark period on my Sweet Seeds competition grow (which doesn't seemed to have harmed the plants - except for the cold) when the local power company cut the power for maintenance.

Good luck with the rest of your grow.

A bit of a bumber about the timer issue PP, hopefully though it won't effect them too much, that aside though, there now starting to come on and lovin' the bondage :D

• 2 weeks later...

Some healthy looking plants there PP. You should be OK regarding your timer issue (I mess up all the time - I need to stop programming the timers stoned), I have had an extended dark period on my Sweet Seeds competition grow (which doesn't seemed to have harmed the plants - except for the cold) when the local power company cut the power for maintenance.

Good luck with the rest of your grow.

Looking lush :yahoo:

A bit of a bumber about the timer issue PP, hopefully though it won't effect them too much, that aside though, there now starting to come on and lovin' the bondage :D

Thanks Chilli, PauloLx and Serpent.

The timer was a minor set back and so far the replacement has held out well.

Day 32,36,38 & 42

There wasn't much to update on my grow up until 4 days and then things started to go a bit wrong, and sods law I never had time to update my diary.

4 days ago my plants started to look unhappy. They were very droopy and didn't seem to show any new growth. I thought that they maybe needed potting on as they had been showing roots at the bottom of all the 6inch pots.

Things were hectic at home so I had to do a rush job on pottin up and never had the time to take pictures.

I Potted on to 11 litre (final) pots using pretty much the same method as before.

Batmix, handful of Rockdust & a sprinkle Plant Magic Granules.

All the rootballs looked healthy enough so I was hoping things would improve with the pot on. As I say this was 4 days ago.

The plants did not respond well to being potted on at all. Lower leaves started to yellow and speckle and for a while I started to think I might have a case of the dreaded LSF. I have not had the time to make up a batch of essence as a precaution, and still don't as I am running around like a blue arsed fly as I go away in a few days time and when you are arranging a break for a large group you seem to get a lot of running around to do!

After reading around a bit I quickly made up a brew of chammomile tea and gave the plants a foiler feed of it yesterday morning at lights out, I also gave the plants a soil feed of epsom salts (1 tablespoon-5 litres water) as I also thought the problem might be mg deficency.

Well fingers crossed I think it was the latter mg def, as the plants looked a lot perkier today at lights on.

Sweet Cheese #1 was the worse effected with quite a few of her leaves going off colour. Hopefully now they have the fresh nutes from the batmix and the epsom salts doing their thing, all the plants should start to recover.

Cleaned the groom from top to bottom with White Vinegar spray and the plants are now under the Sunmaster dual spectrum 600w lamp and they will be put into flower Sunday week.

Temps are averaging 25c lights on with humidity around 30% and 18c lights off with humidity spiking at a whopping 85%.

Going to have to leave my babies in someone elses care for a week so who knows what the next update will look like?

Double White - Day 32

gallery_57551_2933_207076.jpg

Sweet Cheese #2 - Day 36

gallery_57551_2933_239745.jpg

BlackJack - Day 38

gallery_57551_2933_235250.jpg

Sweet Cheese #1 - Day 42

gallery_57551_2933_60363.jpg

Groom Day 42

gallery_57551_2933_188726.jpg

hi nice pics! i thought yellowing lower growth usually meant a nitrogen def?

Hi MD84 thanks for dropping in.

I think it you are right, but doesn't the epsom salts help with the uptake of the nutes availabe in soil?

Yo pp, Im sure they will bounce back with the potup. They are looking sound in the pics dude. Im lookin forward to the Double white. She sounds real intresting.

DC1

Man, I know how you feel, I've been stupidly busy myself of late as well and not really had much time to keep on top of folk's diaries.

Hopefully your girls will bounce back PP and that they still get lots of tlc while your away, have fun as well and try not to worry about it :smokin:

• 2 weeks later...

Yo pp, Im sure they will bounce back with the potup. They are looking sound in the pics dude. Im lookin forward to the Double white. She sounds real intresting.

DC1

You were right they have bounced right back with the pot up. I've seen a Spanish diary of a Double white with a cola the size oif a Vodka Bottle, so looking forward to see what she does in flower.

im not sure tbh, i see alot of ppl using the salts on here though, i should prob get some myself just incase.

good luck though!

Thanks mate, they do seem to have done the trick.

Man, I know how you feel, I've been stupidly busy myself of late as well and not really had much time to keep on top of folk's diaries.

Hopefully your girls will bounce back PP and that they still get lots of tlc while your away, have fun as well and try not to worry about it :smokin:

Yeah Serpent I've been flat out, and things are only going to get busier, plus I have to go away again soon.

I did have a lot of fun mate, best Skiing trip I have ever had and apart from making one phone call to my mate who was taking care of them I didn't think to long about my girls. They seemed to have appreciated being more or less undisturbed.

Day 41,45,47 & 51

Things have really picked up in the groom since I have been away, Any signs of sickness are no longer present so Potting on and the Epsom Salt feed seemed to have worked very well indeed.

Whilst I was away a friend was instructed to just water my plants with 1.4 litres each using the bottle top rose on Tuesday and Thursday evening. I had also watered them with 1.4 litres each before I left on Saturday morning. As I have said above they seemed to have loved being left to their own devices and all the plants have plenty of new healthy growth and all are showing pre-flowers.

I have now resumed the plants Wet & Dry cycle and have just watered them with around 2.8 litres each until run off.

Sweet Cheese #2 has taken off the most and has surpassed Sweet Cheese #1 in size. Both the Sweet Cheese plants are 4-6 inches bigger than the Blackjack and Double White. I reckon they are going to really stretch when switched to flowering.

Both the Sweet Cheese plants have a smell to them that can only be described as Cheesy and er...well Sweet...fancy that?

There was a slight hiccup whilst I was away on the temps side of things. My gas ran out so the central heating wasn't coming on and temps dropped as low as 11c in the groom during lights out and has high as 31c lights on.

Humidity has been as low as 22% lights off and as high as 67% lights on.

The plants don't seem to have shown any ill effects from the low temps and now I am home I can make sure they remain more constant.

I am thinking of adding Fishmix to the next feed for the Sweet Cheese's due to their vigorous nature.

The Big Switch

I will be switching to 12/12 today, although I am a little reluctant to do so as none of the plants are showing roots at the bottoms of their new pots. I'm pretty sure they will do so within the next few days, but if I want to finish this diary on time I need to flower more or less immediately.

Double White - Day 41

gallery_57551_2933_28651.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_158412.jpg

Sweet Cheese #2 - Day 45

gallery_57551_2933_116408.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_204522.jpg

Blackjack - Day 47

gallery_57551_2933_26198.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_170464.jpg

Sweet Cheese #1 - Day 51

gallery_57551_2933_28413.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_2823.jpg

Groom - Day 51

gallery_57551_2933_298363.jpg

You can clearly see how much taller the Sweet Cheese's are than the Double white and Blackjack

Double White Pre-Flower

post-57551-0-63413800-1299415875_thumb.jpg

All the plants are showing pre-flowers

E2A: The plants look a litte droopy due to just being watered until run off.

Edited by PowerPainter

Glad you enjoyed your trip PP and that your girls were well looked after, good luck with the switch & stretch :yep:

looks great ..im loving that double white ,its got a very interesting structure to it ..and those sweet cheeses i think are going to be a big hit this year with growers thanks to diaries such as yours powerpainter

Hey sup PP :spliff: . Hope ur well fella, i see the gals's are, nice :guitar:

Going 12/12 eh,,,and here begins the patience test,lol.

all the best man

Glad you enjoyed your trip PP and that your girls were well looked after, good luck with the switch & stretch :yep:

Nice one serpent.

Thanks for the support mate.

looks great ..im loving that double white ,its got a very interesting structure to it ..and those sweet cheeses i think are going to be a big hit this year with growers thanks to diaries such as yours powerpainter

Thanks for that vince...whats your prediction? A million ounces? per plant? :)

Hey sup PP :spliff: . Hope ur well fella, i see the gals's are, nice :guitar:

Going 12/12 eh,,,and here begins the patience test,lol.

all the best man

Cheers BM.

Groom lights on Day 51

post-57551-0-56145900-1299452263_thumb.jpgpost-57551-0-98676800-1299452334_thumb.jpg

Thought I would add some pics of the girls now they have perked up a bit.