My Sweet Seeds Diary - Blackjack, Double White & Sweet Cheese

PowerPainter

Wish my Double White's looked like yours

Hi Chilli, check this update because you definitely wouldn't want your Double White to look like mine mate.

Day 89 - 36 Days Flower

Everything was going nicely.........

Sweet Cheese #2 is still trying to grow through the roof and is now standing at 43 inches. Not sure if she is ever going to stop, but she is definitely going to be a late finisher.

Sweet Cheese #1 stopped stretching and is a much more manageable plant than her sister. The buds also appear to be forming much denser on Sweet Cheese #1.

I have had to add canes to help support the colas on both the Sweet Cheese plants.

The Blackjack is still short and stout and starting to chuck on weight and produce plenty of trichs.

The Double White was my favourite plant up until 1 hour ago. She is by far the strongest plant producing plenty of thick musky sticky buds. Her main cola looked like it was going to be massive and the smell this plant gives off is so fruity it's like sticking a packet of Starbursts into your mouth all at once.....and then as I was editing the pics to post I noticed this!!! :eek::crybaby:

post-57551-0-01678300-1302470632_thumb.jpg

Now if my eyes do not deceive me then that right there is a male nana. :( I have checked her and the other girls over and have'nt found anymore, so fingers crossed it is an isolated incident. I don't think it is enviroment as temps have been pretty normal and I cannot find any obvious light leaks.

Gutted though, typical that the girl I like best ends up being a tranny.

Temps have been as high as 29c and Humidty 63% and as low as 19c and 24%.

I have changed the feed for the girls too. I am now using 2ml Fishmix and 4ml Bloom. I think this is a better balance and since switching to this formula I have noticed a reduction in the yellowing of the leaves. They have only received one feed since the last update and all the plants received 3.5 litres of water/feed before run off.

Double White Day 76 - 36 Days Flower

gallery_57551_2933_127665.jpg

Sweet Cheese #2 - Day 80 - 36 Days Flower

gallery_57551_2933_63339.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_383831.jpg

Blackjack - Day 82 - 36 Days Flower

gallery_57551_2933_45248.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_279614.jpg

Sweet Cheese #1 - Day 86 - 36 Days Flower

gallery_57551_2933_103966.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_302776.jpg

E2A: not sure why the pics aren't shwoing up?

Edited by PowerPainter

Hey sup PP hope ur well fella :spliff: . U having fun with the SC i see! lol .

Besides the rogue which don't seem a major prob all ur gal's are lookin swell :yes:

take it easy.

peace :hippy:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks bongmonkee...the rogue really knocked the wind out of my sails to be honest. Not seen any others yet though.

Ok with this update I am going to drop out of the competition.

There are many reasons, but the main reason is the plants will not be finished in time.

They have at least another 3 weeks to flower before harvest, so add to that cropping, drying & curing time and it will just not be possible.

Also I have barely been home over the last few weeks and this is my first day off in ages. I know I should be taking some time to update this diary but I will be 100% honest here and say I can't be arsed photographing and editing/resizing/uploading the pics for the update. I know that may sound pretty crappy on my part, but I'd rather be honest about it than create some cock n bull excuse. I just want to chill before going back to work tomorrow.

It's been fun and I would like to thank Sweet Seeds and UK420 for giving me the chance to grow the plants and enter the comp.

I will still update before I crop and what final yeild is etc...it just won't be before May 10th.

Cheers

PP

Good luck to the rest of you guys still in the comp

Edited by PowerPainter

Fair play PP mate, at times events and circumstances in life play a pivitol role in deciding our future for us, mainly family and work.

I also had two phenos of the cheese like by the sounds of it, so do you, 1 tall and lanky sativa (A very pleasant, citrus-y grapefruit odor )and the other shorter and more bushy and heavier yielding.(Very dank, cheese smell).

The other problem with the nana is quite worrying, I found two banana sacks on a Jack47 quite early on(2nd week flower), the second sack was open and in less than 24hrs my 6 plants had been pollinated. The positive from my problem is I now have about 100 seeds from each strain (J46,sadJack,JackCheese). :unsure:

atb mate, would like to see pics of your final flowers :wink: SC

That's a real shame, was looking forward to seeing your girls develop (particularly the Double White's). Kudos for your honest and reasoning for dropping out - far better than just to stop posting or making up some bullshit reason - I know how time consuming taking pics, resizing & uploading is.

Don't forget to post some pics as time allows.

Hey PP, all credit to ya for ya honesty & sometimes we do have to get our priorities in order, it'll still be nice to see the finished plants and a shame they won't be finished in time.

Keep it green dude :hippy:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys, pretty gutted that they won't be finished in time.

Had a little time on my hands tonight so took a few pics.

All the plants are doing well enough although the Double White seems to have been a little over fed.

I have now reduced the feed to 3ml fishmix and 3ml bloom.

The plants are taking around 4 litres before run off.

Temps have been 30c high and 20c low. Humidity high 67% low 32%.

All the plants have at least another 2 weeks of flowering.

Both the Sweet Cheese plants need canes to support the buds although they don't seem that dense nor heavy.

Sweet Cheese #2 has produced the most resinous buds and they also seem to be more solid than the buds on Sweet Cheese #1.

Sweet Cheese #1 - Day 56 Flower

gallery_57551_2933_55473.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_391406.jpg

Sweet Cheese #2 - Day 56 Flower

gallery_57551_2933_282645.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_158469.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_202775.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_126221.jpg

The Double White smells incredible. The fruity aroma greets you every time you open the groom door. There is also a familar smell to the plant which I can't put my finger on. The main cola is huge, surrounded by frosty fruity lower buds. There has been no sign of any more male flowers and after having a hard squeeze on some of the lower buds, there doesn't seem to be any seeds forming. So fingers crossed.

Double White - Day 56 Flower

gallery_57551_2933_331763.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_251375.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_48021.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_257263.jpg

The Blackjack is the same as before, short and stocky with small dense buds. She looks a bit like a bonzai plant compared to the others.

Blackjack - Day 56 Flower

gallery_57551_2933_45412.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_189295.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_79268.jpg

Groom - Day 56 Flower

gallery_57551_2933_362109.jpg

Edited by PowerPainter
  • Like 1

With such lovely plants i would not worry a thing about the comp :wassnnme:

ATB

Cheers PauloLx, and yep the plants and their fruits are a massive consolation prize. :)

Day 60 Flower

All plants are still putting on weight as they reach their final few weeks and looking healthy enough.

I have reduced the feed to 3ml fishmix 3ml bloom and will probably stop feeding the bloom completely after the next feed and reduce the fishmix to 2ml. All plants are taking 3.5-4 litres before run off.

Temps have hit 29c highest and 17c lowest. Humidity highest has been 69%, lowest 30%.

All strains have at least 10 days left before harvest.

Sweet Cheese #1 - Day 60 Flower

Sweet Cheese #1 is starting bulk up bud wise, but trich production on this plant compared to Sweet Cheese 2 is minimal. The buds are still sticky, but rather light and airy. There is the distinct smell of cheese, but not as strong as Sweet Cheese #2.

gallery_57551_2933_47930.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_279465.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_8995.jpg

Double White - Day 60 Flower

The Double White despite the hermie issue is still my favourite plant. Her main cola is huge and dense and she is absolutely covered in trichs and sticky resin. She stinks to high heaven and the smell is absolutely devine.

I already know I am going to enjoy smoking this strain alot.

gallery_57551_2933_172428.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_192723.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_248430.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_249233.jpg

Sweet Cheese #2 - Day 60 Flower

This plant is just crazy. I'm not sure if she has ever stopped stretching, and her main cola is easily over 2ft long. She is much more resinous then Sweet Cheese #1 and although she has fewer buds, they do seem to be heavier. I think this girl will take longest to finish and could well be an 11 weeker.

gallery_57551_2933_45782.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_363496.jpg

Blackjack - Day 60 Flower

This little girl just keeps on chucking out more and more pistils. Her buds are covered in trichs and are nice and sticky. She actually has the weakest smell out of all the plants and to be honest it doesn't really excite me. It'll be interesting to see what she yeilds being so small.

gallery_57551_2933_230354.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_221707.jpg

gallery_57551_2933_100833.jpg

I've also already cracked the beans for my next grow. All but one are freebies from Attitude. I will be growing Northern Lights Blue, Pineapple Express, WW X BB & another Double White from a pack I bought. I am also doing a balcony grow using 2 auto's, Syrup & Il Diavolo.

I won't be keeping a diary as such, but will be trying to upload weekly pics of their progress with the odd comment.

Anyway goodluck in all your endeavors everyone.

Cheers

PP

• Like 1

that is some lovely plants pp u sure have green fingers loved your first grow diary inspired me to buy ppp for mine

that is some lovely plants pp u sure have green fingers loved your first grow diary inspired me to buy ppp for mine

Hi Davie blah.

Thank you for the kind words and glad the diary was helpful.

Have you started your PPP diary yet?

iv got seven ppp and three nonames and a snow white between 2 days and a week old i might start a diary later was wanting to find my feet first make sure i dont kill them they all took at least a week to germ so not a good start but three of the ppp seem to be doing ok compared to the nn even thou i tryed my best to fuck it up

The PPP's don't take a lot of care once they get going and are a pleasure to grow really.

The smoke when cured properly is lovely and it's a nice stone. I'm thinking of chucking a couple in the groom after my next grow.

What method are you using to crack your beans? The seeds I popped a few days ago I just stuck them in damp compost and put them on the windowsill in the sun. They all cracked within 3 days, which is about the best success rate I've had with seeds so far.

I did soak them in Seaweed Extract for 12 hours first though.

Edited by PowerPainter

i soaked 7 ppp and 3 nn for 15 hours then put them in wet soil probably to wet and put them under my mh 250 about 3 feet away 3 ppp broke the surface after 6 days the rest took about 9 2nn and1 ppp never made it . the three ppp have now got the start of there second set of leaves after a week the rest have got tiny first true leaves i then put 2 nn and 1 sw straight into soil and they emerged after 3 days.the problem if got now is my three ppp are on top of empty pots about 15 inches away from light cause i dont want to put light to close to others

Well definitely try and FIM or LST the PPP's in a couple of weeks, they respond very well.

It should also give the others a chance to catch up.