El Chilli's sweet and aromatic Spanish jardín

Chilli

Good luck with the grow and comp Chilli.

Will be keeping an eye on this one as I will be growing more or less the same strains.

I won't be coming here to steal secrets and plans though....honest guv! :)lol

Hi Chilli,

As a fellow skunk train grower I'll be interested to see what you get out of these strains - I chose the same except Ice Cool in place of Double White

Good luck sir!

Thanks for popping by Merlin - I am expecting more from these than I got from the Skunk Train.

Nice one Chilli, i have Sweet Cheese and the J47, they seem very popular this time, you`ll be well happy with the under floor heating, it`s solved nearly all my problems this year, so i wish you good luck and my the best grow diary win

Cheers Ratdog. I can see why J47 & Sweet Cheese are popular this year, I can't wait to try them out. The underfloor heating is fantastic and way cheaper to run than my old oil fired rad.

good luck mate and lets c if you can beat me...

Thanks Se7en.

good luck chilli , i allso chose, jack 47 and sweet cheese. no say be tasty stuff. as the b jack is a great smoke.

Cheers smokie1 - the jack 47 & sweet cheese sure are popular.

good luck mucca

Thanks fella - I would wish you luck but I know you won't need it.

Good luck with 'em

Thanks for popping by Madgiz

good lucky chilli.

nice choose of strains there mate. will b epopping into see how the jack47's are doing.

i need to remember to sort out the envelopes and that for mine today. just wrote it on my hand not to forget.

Cheers Blackmedicine, I hope your beans turn up soon.

ATB Chilli ,

Lots of folks picked the J47 eh?

must be HH incomparable examples .....

looking forward to seeing the 100 ss diaries in the early new year

ram

Cheers ram - your right HantsHaze is a good salesman for Sweet Seeds - he ought to be on commission

Hi mate!

Welcome to the contest and good luck with those wonderful strains you're growing

Sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Cheers tommy. Thanks for the opportunity for letting me grow these - I hope I don't let you (or myself) down.

This is looking very promising already, good luck with it.

Cheers Nick - good luck with your grow.

good luck chilli dude

FG

Thanks FG.

Good luck mate

Cheers Mr Rhino and thanks for dropping by.

Good luck mate

You won't be disappointed with the J47, nice incense flavors :spliff: if its anything like Hanzhaze's your in for a treat mate.

Thanks GG, I must admit the J47 is the one I am looking forward to most.

Aye Good Luck matey

Thanks beanpopper - likewise.

Good luck with the grow and comp Chilli, loving the grow room set up as well

Cheers Serpent and thanks for the compliment about the grow room - a lot of hard work went into that.

Good luck with the grow and comp Chilli.

Will be keeping an eye on this one as I will be growing more or less the same strains.

I won't be coming here to steal secrets and plans though....honest guv!

Thanks PowerPainter - Feel free to steal any secrets you feel may help - after all we are all a band of brothers on UK420.

Nice choices Chilli, good luck

Cheers Monkeymagic - it seems a popular choice this year.

Germination

Time to get the show on the road and germinate these babies.

My preference for germination, is to work with Mother Nature and germinate them in soil on a window ledge in spring time, when the light and temperatures are perfect. Seeing as it's around -10 °C with only 6 ½ hours light at the moment, I am going to have to do these another way.

To some, how I am going to germinate them may seem a lot of trouble but I love growing cannabis and I just want to grow the best plants possible.

I am going to use a trick I discovered by accident last year :rofl: and germinate them in my home made incubator; which is nothing more technical than an old cool box with a daylight lamp sat on top (72 watts of 6400K CFL's). This will be placed in the grow room which at the moment is sub zero but with the heat from the lamp and the thermal efficiency of the cool box (an oxymoron there), it maintains an almost steady 25 °C. The only problem is if the light fails, the seeds/seedlings will freeze and also time is money, so the quicker the better. With that in mind I am going to have to employ a few tricks to speed up germination.

tn_gallery_12660_3076_91802.jpg

tn_gallery_12660_3076_41581.jpg

From experimenting over the years (I have been growing plants since I was a nipper and used to breed exotic plants and palms, some of which took nearly 2 years to germinate), I have found if I do the following techniques it really speeds up germination – nothing scientific, just an observation:

Store the seeds in a fridge prior to germination. This helps (on certain strains) to break dormancy in the seed (I think the technical term is called vernalisation or stratification), it does this by tricking the seed into thinking it has been through winter and spring is on the way.

• Soak the seeds in seaweed extract for 8 hours at around 20 °C. The seaweed extract is full of hormones (especially the ones that the seed uses to trigger germination). I also use plain tap water rather than distilled (the chlorine supposedly kills of any bugs that might be on the seeds).
  • Plant the seeds in straight into pre-watered peat pellets – I don't frig around with the paper tissue method as the shock of transplanting them seems to slow the growth (I don't know why, but they seem to pop through quicker, than if I plant them in soil, root riots rockwool etc). The pellets are then put in a warm dark cupboard overnight (in an egg box, which seems to draw out excess moisture from the pellets and releases it as the pellets dry out) – the germination process seems to kick in quicker in darkness.
  • Stick them under the light and wait for nature to do its work.

The seeds were soaked yesterday morning and after around 8 hours were labelled (don't want any mix ups) and planted in the jiffy pellets (sideways on and about 5mm deep – this seems to work best). They were then left overnight in a dark cupboard before being placed in the incubator earlier today. With a bit of luck they should have sprouted by the weekend.

tn_gallery_12660_3076_157066.jpg

Will post an update as soon as the seedlings emerge.

:rofl:

Guest hantshaze

Hi there chilli :D

All the best man, looks like alls in place for a great diary mate.

Hope you like the jk, strong shit man :wink:

Good luck,

HantsHaze....

E2a

I like the bit about commission :B):

Edited by hantshaze

Cheers HH - One of the reasons I'm growing the JK is because of your recommendations - you should be on commission from Sweet Seeds thumbsup.gif

Here's a pic I forgot to post earlier of the soaking ceremony. All the seeds had sunk within 6 hours, which is a good sign.

tn_gallery_12660_3076_40558.jpg

Good Stuff Chilli ..

Loving the homemade Incubator :rofl:

And the Tags on your seedlings .. nice touch :unsure:

Cant wait to see how this goes ..

Best of luck fella .. Not that you'l need it ....

Drip :)

Edited by driptray

Good Stuff Chilli ..

Loving the homemade Incubator :B):

And the Tags on your seedlings .. nice touch :B):

Cant wait to see how this goes ..

Best of luck fella .. Not that you'l need it ....

Drip :rofl:

Cheers Drip.

Well, after about 18 hours in the jiffy pellets we have signs of life :rofl: .

Both Jack 47's have sprouted and so have both Sweet Cheese's. Very pleased, especially as I have read that the Jack 47's can be tricky to germinate. As you can see from the pic, they look very healthy. :D

tn_gallery_12660_3076_55107.jpg

On close inspection, one of the Double White's has germinated and is about to break through the surface. So it looks like these take a little while longer to germinate.

tn_gallery_12660_3076_250.jpg

I'm away for a few days, so fingers crossed nothing untoward happens in my absence.

Hiya Chilli, looks like you've germed :stoned: thanks for pooping in my diary, i'm still waiting it seems!

best of luck in the competition, I'll be watching your jacks :yes:

lookin sweet as chilli,plenty moisture and light and im sure your baby's will be a wonderfull sight wen ya return. :yes:

Thanks for popping by Shariley - yep everything was fine on my return.

High there Chilli best of luck with ur grow

its all looking very neat n tidy there off to a great

start il have to get going myself ,atb,,,regards Oss.

Cheers Oldskoolstoner.

Best of luck with the grow Chilli, good to see them sprouting already :stoned:

Thanks for stopping by S.K. - always a relief when they sprout.

Hiya Chilli, looks like you've germed :rofl: thanks for pooping in my diary, i'm still waiting it seems!

best of luck in the competition, I'll be watching your jacks :ouch:

Cheers M8