El Chilli's sweet and aromatic Spanish jardín

Chilli

Grow Summary

Seed batch #’s

Jack 47 Lot #82

Double White Lot #80

Sweet Cheese Lot#82

Germination:

Seeds 2 of each strain were planted 05/12/2010. Pre-soaked in a water/seaweed mix for 8 hours and planted into jiffy 7 pellets.

Germination times

Jack 47 18 hours (both)

Double White 36 hours (both)

Sweet Cheese 18 hours (both)

Grow medium

Germination jiffy 7 peat pellets

After 3 days,1st pot on B&Q seed & cutting mix (into 7.5 cm pot)

After an additional 15 days, 2nd pot on Plagron Royalty Mix (15 cm Pot)

After an additional 30 days they were all potted on into their final pots (11 Litre’s of Plagron Royalty Mix)

Lighting

Germination – 72W 6400K CFL (24/0)

After 2 weeks they were put under a 250W 640K CFL for one week (23/1)

Vegetation - Placed under a 600W MH lamp (in Powerplant Mantis reflector) (18/6) and vegged for an additional 6 weeks.

Flowering after an initial 24 hour dark period (to kick off flowering) they were flowered under a 600W HPS lamp for 65 days (with a supplementary 250 6400K CFL for the 1st 2 weeks to minimise stretch) .

During flower the HPS was also supplemented by a 300W ultraviolet lamp ( 1-2 hours per day) and 250W infrared lamp (30 minutes per day)

Ventilation

4” Ruck Inlet (only used during light’s on during veg due to temperature concerns)

5” twin speed TT extractor (370 M3 High lights on, 330 m3/h lights off)

Nutrients

Plant Magic Old Timer Bloom during flower (1ml/L to 5ml/L during flower right up until harvest)

Organic Blackstrap Molasses during veg

Alga 600 seaweed extract used from germination and throughout veg

Beneficial’s

Plant Magic’s Granules (used at each stage of potting up)

Plant Magic’s Essence (used as a preventative when plants looked stressed) due to cold temperatures)

Plant Magic’s Bio Silicon (used from veg until 7 days from harvest)

Grow time

Veg 63 Days

Bloom 65 Days (Double White’s & Jack 47’s) 64 Days Sweet Cheese’s

Harvest

After they were harvested, they were dried in the grow room for 7 days. The temperatures during drying ranged between 14ºC & 25ºC (a little on the high side) the extraction fan was set to low power and the inlet fan was left on. They were then transferred to glass kilner jars to cure (11 days so far).

Problems/Comments

These were grown during the coldest winter in living memory and I really struggled with the low temperatures in early veg. To try and regulate the temperatures the inlet and exhaust fans were switched off more than was ideal. A growroom fire did not help (I think this contributed to the problems with the Double Whites). None of the plants really liked the Plagron Royalty Mix and I wouldn’t use this again.

Would I grow these again? – Definitely but not in winter.

Sexual Stability

100% female with no signs of hermaphrodites. Very impressed, especially as most of the photo’s taken in this diary were during the plants dark period (they were taken out of the dark and regularly flash photographed under lights). It is also remarkable because of the various stresses they were subjected to (especially the Double Whites).

Final Jarred Dry Weights

Double White #1 42 grams

Double White #2 44 grams

Jack 47 #1 91 grams

Jack 47 #2 71 grams

Sweet Cheese #1 88 grams

Sweet Cheese #2 108 grams

Smoke Reports

After a 7 day drying period and between 7 & 11 days curing in the kilner jars, here is the initial smoke report (will give a more detailed report after at least a month’s cure).

All are smoked pure & neat in Kulu Lips rice papers.

Sweet Cheese

The first thing that hits you is how incredibly smooth both the Cheese’s smoke. I’ve grown many Cheese strains but these are by far the smoothest to smoke (Mrs C often cough’s when smoking neat weed – but no coughs with these). So far I’ve tried both SC#1 & #2 and #2 is by far the better smoke (taste & more powerful effects).

The marks below are for Sweet Cheese #2 (El monstruo)

RATING(marks out of 20)

Ease of cultivation: 19

Yield: 19

Appearance: 19

Visible trychomes: 17

Aroma of the dried buds: 18

Taste of the smoke: 19

Texture of the smoke: 19

Effect: 18

Buzz duration: 17

Aroma and taste descriptions: This is very aromatic (bordering on pungent) with an earthy aroma and captures the signature cheesy smell. These were by far the most pungent of the 3 strains grown and started to reek during veg. The taste is more complex than other cheese strains I’ve grown – cheesy (but not as cheesy as the smell suggested) with a hazy undertone to it (it tasted similar to a Super Silver Haze).

Effect descriptions: This is quite subtle and is a creeper. First couple of tokes and you can feel an energising body effect but in your chest and a mellow relaxed head effect. It leaves you chilled but far from being monged – it’s great to sit and watch TV or listed to music. If you eat food whist under the effect the food taste’s & textures are enhanced. It’s very easy to overdo this and on a couple of occasions after smoking this, I have little or no recollection of going to bed (I must be a lightweight).

I would say this is best as an early evening smoke (prior to eating). Also, it leaves you clear headed in the morning.

Jack 47

So far I’ve only managed to sample Jack 47#1. Like the Sweet Cheese, it is a very smooth smoke. The first thing that hits you is it is very energetic (not racy)

The marks below are for Jack 47 #1 (Cola gemela)

RATING (marks out of 20)

Yield: 19

Aroma of the dried buds: 17

Taste of the smoke: 17

Effect: 19

Buzz duration: 18

Aroma and taste descriptions: The aroma and taste are both quite subtle – it’s a mix of pine, citrus & kind of spicy but not overpowering in any way. It’s by no means as pungent or as tasty as the Sweet Cheese but this actually is a benefit as it allows you to concentrate on the very complex high.

Effect descriptions: I can see why people rave over Jack 47. It’s a very up energetic high. In some respects it reminds me of taking speed (you feel your pulse increase and have a very energetic body feel – it’s like someone is winding a spring inside). This is definitely a daytime smoke and is quite motivational (I quite happily dug my vegetable plot over whist under the effects, whilst listening to some of my favourite music over the headphones). Smoke too much and it is really trippy (if you watch a movie or listen to music, you see and hear things you’ve never seen or heard before). This is going to be my weed of choice for when I go and see Roger Water’s The Wall tour in a couple of weeks.

Double White

So far I’ve only managed to sample Double White#1. I wasn’t particularly looking forward to testing this but it is complete revelation a fantastic relaxing night time smoke.

The marks below are for Double White #1 (El runt) – the marks for ease of cultivation & yield are probably a little unfair as I think the problems they suffered were down to environmental issues.

RATING (marks out of 20)

Ease of cultivation: 15

Yield: 12

Appearance: 15

Visible trychomes: 19

Aroma of the dried buds: 17

Taste of the smoke: 17

Buzz duration: 19

Aroma and taste descriptions: Again the aroma and taste are both incredibly subtle – it’s a mix of fruity & citrus and a very smooth smoke. To be honest I didn’t really notice the taste that much as the effects hit you fairly quickly

Effect descriptions: After a couple of tokes you feel a lovely warm stone wash over you (it’s very difficult to describe). You feel very stoned but at the same time completely with it (although the Mrs said I was slurring my words with a stupid grin on my face). This is a definite night time weed because after a few more tokes I just tuned out and crashed out watching TV oblivious to the outside world feeling relaxed and chilled.

Summary

I’m very happy with what I’ve sampled so far (a smoke for all occasions). I will post up a more detailed report once they have cured a bit more and I had chance to really test them out.

That's this diary almost finished - just going to spark up a Jack 47 and go and make some ice hash with the trim (will post the results of the hash making tomorrow or Tuesday). :spliff:

Edited by Chilli

Great smoke report Chilli. Looking forward to smoking my Double White even more now.

Will definitely be popping back in to see the Jack47 bubble hash results.

Brilliant Diary mate.

Nice smoke reports and a perfect end to this enjoyable diary, this sweet cheese is a good smoke though eh?

All the best mate, enjoy. :skin_up:

Great smoke report Chilli. Looking forward to smoking my Double White even more now.

Will definitely be popping back in to see the Jack47 bubble hash results.

Brilliant Diary mate.

Cheers PP - been too mashed :smokin: to get around to making the hash (plus the Mrs wanted to know why I wanted to know if I could borrow a single stocking).

WOW !!

Brilliant diary Chilli :stoned: and lovely pictures too,

love the smoke reports lol

Doesn't beat your DNA smoke report (Ali G) - in fact it's worthy of being used again (and I'm going to pinch it).

Nice smoke reports and a perfect end to this enjoyable diary, this sweet cheese is a good smoke though eh?

All the best mate, enjoy. :skin_up:

Cheers Buddy

top work fella great diary and smoke report :B):

enjoy your smoke

atb

oss :smokin:

Thanks for popping by OSS and for your kind words.

Smoke report - Jack 47 #2

Been testing out the Jack 47 #2 for the last few days and this stuff is fantastic. My first thoughts about the smoke report reminded me of one of Cup of Tea's reports (Mr Ambassador).

In fact Mr Ambassador could have been toking on some Jack 47

The marks below are for Jack 47 #1 (La bomba)

This is more AK47 dominant than her sister (which is more Jack Herer dominant). Not sure if it's because it has been cured longer but this is tastier than her sister with a completely different high.

RATING (marks out of 20)

Yield: 18

Aroma of the dried buds: 19

Taste of the smoke: 19

Buzz duration: 19

Aroma and taste descriptions: The aroma and taste are similar to the Jack 47#2 but far more pronounced – it’s a mix of pine, citrus & kind of spicy but not overpowering in any way. The taste is kind of unusual (but in a good way).

Effect descriptions: This stuff is strong. It's more mellow and not as 'up high' as her sister. It's very easy to overdo this one - you start out feeling really good (sorry can't find a better description)nice head and body effects but toke too much and your completely off your face (the Mrs passed out and had to be carried to bed)you lose the power of speech and you just kick back and chill out.

• Like 1

Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

Congratulations Chilli

I thought you were going to win if I am honest as you Did some Quality work :yep: you wouldnt of got COCC otherwise :notworthy:

Sit Back Relax and smoke some of that Beautiful Bud You Grew ;)

I know what mean NJD, them buds were immense!! And congrats on sharing 3rd place with yours truly, enjoy your winnings :yep:

Hi chilli. a :guitar: is needed here 4sure man. Well done and great result and course some nice bud to smoke whilst deciding what to get with ur prize.

all the best fella :wink:

:hippy: peace :hippy: