El Chilli's sweet and aromatic Spanish jardín

Chilli

Welcome/Bienvenue/Recepción/Willkommen to Chilli's - Sweet Seeds competition grow diary 2010/11.

Firstly, many thanks to Sweet Seeds for their generosity in their donation of these seeds and to Withnail for making this happen (it must be a nightmare organising this amongst a group of stoners).

Going to get this started by germinating the seeds at the weekend (germination will be by the Chilli method – if I can find it, I will post a PDF of the Chilli germination method). Due to space concerns, it is likely that only two of each will be grown (with the remaining 3 seeds as reserves in case of disaster) - I would rather grow 6 beautiful ladies than 9 mediocre ones.

I suppose it makes sense to explain my choice of seeds. Well, Jack 47 has been high on my list of to do strains for a while (stellar genetics and a good reputation) plus I like sativa dominant mixes, the other two I chose because they were new strains and as way of thanks to Sweet Seeds in their generosity I thought they would like some feedback. Also the flowering times are the same as Jack 47, which makes life a bit easier.

The choice of Double White is also down to the fact it is indica dominant and I've not grown and indica (or a white strain) for a while and also it sounds like an improvement on White Widow.

The Sweet Cheese seemed an obvious choice as I like Cheese's and the Black Jack seemed a far more interesting mix than the Afghanis other breeders seem to use – plus it's somewhere in between the Jack 47 & Double White in terms of sativa/indica ratio.

The packaging is kind of neat too – I particularly like the addition of when the seeds were harvested.

tn_gallery_12660_3076_10356.jpg

tn_gallery_12660_3076_79345.jpg

For the record. The lot numbers are:

Jack 47 Lot #82

tn_gallery_12660_3076_136012.jpg

Double White Lot #80

tn_gallery_12660_3076_68967.jpg

Sweet Cheese Lot#82

tn_gallery_12660_3076_49635.jpg

Good luck to the other contestants.

Edited by Chilli

For once I am organised. The growroom has just been upgraded (bigger fans, now diamond mylar lined and importantly now has underfloor heating.

Here is a link to my growroom. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=215917

The plan is to veg under a 600W metal halide lamp and then switch to a 600W HPS in flower and possibly finish them off under the MH.

The soil this time will be Plagron's Royalty Mix (which should have enough nutrients to see me into flower). Plant Magic's granules will be used at each stage of potting up – ultimately to 11 litre pots. In flower Plant Magic's Old Timer Bloom will be used again. During veg I will probably also use some Alga 600 seaweed extract (that I picked up in the far east) and some molasses – these should work well with the bio additives in the Royalty Mix.

Next post will be germination.

Edited by Chilli

Hi Chilli,

As a fellow skunk train grower I'll be interested to see what you get out of these strains - I chose the same except Ice Cool in place of Double White lol

Good luck sir!

Nice one Chilli, i have Sweet Cheese and the J47, they seem very popular this time, you`ll be well happy with the under floor heating, it`s solved nearly all my problems this year, so i wish you good luck and my the best grow diary win lol

good luck chilli , i allso chose, jack 47 and sweet cheese. no say be tasty stuff. as the b jack is a great smoke. lol

good lucky chilli.

nice choose of strains there mate. will b epopping into see how the jack47's are doing.

i need to remember to sort out the envelopes and that for mine today. just wrote it on my hand not to forget.

ATB Chilli ,

Lots of folks picked the J47 eh?

must be HH incomparable examples .....

looking forward to seeing the 100 ss diaries in the early new year

ram

Hi mate!

Welcome to the contest and good luck with those wonderful strains you're growing :doh:

Sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Good luck mate

You won't be disappointed with the J47, nice incense flavors :stoned: if its anything like Hanzhaze's your in for a treat mate.