Hifi Thread

awol420

Tevion, dacs vary in quality and there is much debate as to what's best. The Devilsound dac is pricey, ~£300 for a matchbox on a string but they have done everything they can for quality, eg. silver wire with solid silver phonos, even the usb plug is gold plated. :nenenenene: I've heard good reports of the Soundblaster 24 bit usb dac, they go for a reasonable price on fleabay and some prefer it to the Monica2 dac which is way more expensive. Once you've got a good usb dac, life gets very lazy :wink: Foobar is a freeware player that does flacs (and much more) so you can enqueue a shed load of albums, great for parties etc.

If you can find one at a boot sale or fleabay, the original playstation 1 has a great dac. (The one with phonos for audio output.) Sony bet the company on that product and it's one of the best CD players out there, more so if you are prepared to take a soldering iron to it.

Right then I see your looking at the pc :B): which probably means I dont really need a dac the pc does my head in with all the fan sounds, its a high spec gaming rig or was a few years ago so with all the noise from it I prefer just to burn and play I have read that a dac makes a good difference even for cd but I kind of think its another box for sound to run through therefore it must degrade the sound even if slightly not sure if that would be offset with an increase in decoding perhaps someone has an opinion on that. I tend to try and keep things simple and use very good interconnects and speaker wire therefore there is little resistance as poss.

The main reason for the amp to be upgraded is to biwire the speakers as they have that option, had a biwired biamped technics years ago and the sound was well freeking awsome the clarity was sublime although the clarity I have with the maurdont short avant 914i's is amazing atm I can only assume they would be breathtaking if bi wired. An opinion on this would be good peeps :notworthy:

If your interested in home cinema have a google of "kipnis home cinema"

Proper job :notworthy:

JOM

FFS I dont have $6 million :B): well not unless I sell the yacht, the rolls and the castle and a few breitling watches I have somewhere (forgot where I put them).

It is nice but just ever so slightly ott I doubt very much if our ears could determine a vast difference between a system costing 50 times less

hxxp://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm

this has gota be the absolute ultimate in subs ... WOW

an now my speakers , not so uuuge an not as many of em

the larger speaker is a goodmans triaxiom in its 1972 box which needs a bit of work

and the other is a hemp acoustic fr6c full range in a cupboard that used to be a dressing table

post-22330-1274551795_thumb.jpg

give me one ................................. :rofl: :rofl:

e2a no give me 2 ............ one for each channel

Edited by ripthedrift

Roksan Kandy Mk III, B+W 685s and pretty much play all of it from my Mac Mini via Airport Express. Get most of my tunes from a site called emusic which works out at 20p a track and is all legit.

Roksan Kandy Mk III, B+W 685s

nice.... my next port of call is to a roksan ................... :rofl:

................. :rofl:

Sonos wired into ceiling speakers for every day use and then Technics 1210s with a small Pioneer mixer >>> Cambridge Audio Amp >>> Spendor LS3/5A speakers for mixing/playing vinyl.

Sonos is superb for ease-of-use but not the best depth of sound compared to well-set-up separates systems.

:rofl:

this is the ultimate sub :oldtoker:

SB1000e.jpg

not even close , go to ...hxxp://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm

and you will see wot i mean lol

Roksan Kandy Mk III, B+W 685s

nice.... my next port of call is to a roksan ................... :D

................. :yinyang:

Cheers mate - the kandy is uncomplicated and v good all rounder - I love my 685's as well as they are basically the same speakers inside that are double the price but cheaper casing so not quite as rich a sound but for £250-300 I'm not sure you can get a better speaker