Hifi Thread

awol420

Plenty of ppl on here like music , some even make music

so 1 or 3 of ya might be into your audio , so heres a thread to show it off in

not interested in wots best/most expensive just curious what ya play yer tunes on

ill start with a couple o bits

Harmon Kardon AVI200 amp rega p3 deck

ill post speakers ect if any1 is interested in this thread

post-22330-1274470762_thumb.jpg

A welcome thread lol

rotel pre amp with 2 rotel power amps, bi amped and bi wired

Q acoustic speakers on dead sand filled stands

2 Q acoustic powered subs -one for the left and right

37 inch LCD - sound out in digital (by passing TV processing ) digital out to an up line twin DAC (Cambridge) then to pre amp

mp3 player ( to amp) is the cowen 9s simply the best mp3 player there is and nothing will touch it for sound

have just ordered a Denon DVD1800 MR Blu-ray Player

I loves me music :)

e2a the subs go down to below 30 htz gut shaking bass for me reggae

Edited by ripthedrift

2 x numarkttx1 decks, numark dxm06 24 bit mixer, cambridge audio a1 amp in lounge sherwood rds 125 r amp sherwood reciver sherwood 6cd auto changer Jamo speakers can remember model

I have Bowers and Wilkins speakers and a Rotel ra03 amp, lovely amp but if you crank it you have to have a fan blowing on it in hot weather, don`t get the chance where i live now though :D , don`t have a cd player anymore, the display went in my Cambridge player, great player, i got a dvd/cd player after that but don`t even use that anymore now i have a pc with graphics card and VCL player

Used to love listening to loud music :spliff:

Nad cd player running into an old technics class a amp which powers maurdaunt short floorstanders does the job for me pc is wired in too but sounds shit.

Was thinking of getting an av unit but I can't imagine a better sound than through the old class a amp (got to use premium speaker cable tho or it sounds shit)

Philips CDR723 CD player, cambridge pacific interconnect

Xbox1 as movie player/games, LAN to my pc. Lots of homebrew software.

NVIDIA SoundStorm sound in pc - was the finest sound hardware of its time.

connected to

Kenwood KRF 5030D 5.1 5x80w receiver

Eltax Liberty 5+ floorstanders, loaded, on slabs and spikes

KEF C10 rears on rubber isolation stands (DIY)

Celestion front centre, just replaced a Jamo (shit)

Sony active sub, quite old, not standard anymore, but :D

cables all Gale XL315 biwire to the fronts, and XL189 single wire to the rears

the KEFs, the Sony sub, I have no idea how old they are, but they're old, particularly the kefs. the celestion front centre is reasonably new but it was cheap and sounds awesome.. the rest of my hifi is about 10-11 years old, picked especially for the clarity of sound - i demoed for most of a day in richer sounds.

not made the move to HD yet as i don't really watch tv that much, and i love my old tube tv - a 21" sony trinitron, big enough for this room, ancient as hell, but the best picture i've seen ever.. i'll upgrade eventually but doing so means changing most of my setup so i'm putting it off as long as i can :P

Edited by CaptainStoner

Akai AT-93 tuner, class A.

DevilSound usb non oversampling dac. Check it out Tevion, will do justice to your amp, almost as good as vinyl, your wavs and flacs will sound great. Tiny piece of kit that looks expensive until you hear it.

Charlize, Tripath chipped amp, ~20w per channel.

Maggie, passive preamp, sort of stereo variacs.

Planet10 modded Fostex fe126e full range drivers in FT1600mkII cabs. Solid down to 30hz, no sub. 92db @ 1w so 10w is enough to blast it.

These speakers replaced a pair of Zigmahorns, my youngest has them now. You wont believe how low a 4" driver can go until you hear them, amazing and the plans are public domain. Takes either Merrill DC4A or Fostex fe103e drivers.

Guest Logik

All i have for my music is an Acoustic Solution 500w sub woofer and a speaker :D

makes the windows and floorboards shake

prefer the old stuff myself

but with technology forever changing

i tend to use the cinema setup that came with the tele..

can play fuckin anything on it :spliff:

heres my old setup bit redundant now but will never part with it...

got some mission speakers too

the cinema setup is ok but not a patch on this baby.......

:smoke: NTB

post-39035-1274509068_thumb.jpg

Had to flog my Rega Planar when I split with the wife, and still very limited space in my new place, so...I got an Arcam Solo Mini. Now i already had some Rega Ara speakers but no stands, and I simply did not want any more metal furniture, stands etc in my lounge, so I went for floorstanders! Limited funds, so I'm now the proud owner of Wharfedale 10.3s.

Some say the Solo isn't powerful enough to drive the 10.3's enough to get the most out of them, but it sounds fine to me...although the bass is a trifle on the muddy side at times.

I have Bowers and Wilkins speakers

I've got a pair of Blueroom House Pods, which are handmade, pre-production models (they never went into full production) using B&W components.

Akai AT-93 tuner, class A.

DevilSound usb non oversampling dac. Check it out Tevion, will do justice to your amp, almost as good as vinyl, your wavs and flacs will sound great. Tiny piece of kit that looks expensive until you hear it.

Charlize, Tripath chipped amp, ~20w per channel.

Maggie, passive preamp, sort of stereo variacs.

Planet10 modded Fostex fe126e full range drivers in FT1600mkII cabs. Solid down to 30hz, no sub. 92db @ 1w so 10w is enough to blast it.

These speakers replaced a pair of Zigmahorns, my youngest has them now. You wont believe how low a 4" driver can go until you hear them, amazing and the plans are public domain. Takes either Merrill DC4A or Fostex fe103e drivers.

Yeah I have thought about getting a dac but wasn't sure how big a difference it would make I tend to burn everything to disc in wav to listen and I'm pretty sure the nad has a built in dac but everywhere you read say the built in ones are crappy if it was to make a hugh difference I may get one. I have also been thinking about going with an av unit to replace the technics (its getting dated) but I mainly listen to music so I ain't to sure if one would be worth the cash or improve much on sound quality.

Edited by Tevion

We got a few of them Bose iPod things upstairs and down, they are OK I suppose, I hate iPods though.