Hifi Thread

awol420

Valves ? @catweazle1 The only class A amp I have is a Pioneer M-22 that's awaiting restoration. I have a bit of an obsession with vintage solid state :D

• Like 4

@OldFord all the best with the project mate :yep:

And all the best with your health, I've read quite a few of your posts and you mentioned something about it but I didn't know it was to that extent. Glad you're still here man, you come across as a right nice bloke, you deserve it.  :yinyang:

:smoke:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mugwuffin said:

Valves ? @catweazle1 The only class A amp I have is a Pioneer M-22 that's awaiting restoration. I have a bit of an obsession with vintage solid state :D

Morning mate,  sadly no ,  the valves wouldnt survive the life with vibrations and bumpy rides.         

The Carver processor is something i have owned for a long time now ,  happy on 12v - 15v ,  has his signature Sonic Holography & Deep Bass Retrieval systems incorporated.   

Will be joined by some old classic but  high end Nakamichi & Denon & Rockford Fosgate goodness ,  sadly i need to go class D for bass duties due to power requirements ,  benched & bias tweaked to suit my needs.

Just using up kt i have laying about ,  even some Wharfedale goodness going on too.       Designs / spec's my own but tweaked by one of the best in the biz.

Realistically its a mobile system that will stay in place within a van ,  subs firing out rear doors ,  mid arrays either L/R of horn mouth  or up high ,   no front stage to mess with timings of main ,  should be nice & warm ,  no ear splitting highs lol     All for charity and some fun along the way :yep: 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Seasick Steve said:

@OldFord all the best with the project mate :yep:

And all the best with your health, I've read quite a few of your posts and you mentioned something about it but I didn't know it was to that extent. Glad you're still here man, you come across as a right nice bloke, you deserve it.  :yinyang:

:smoke:

Morning mate ,   thank you :yep:     Horrible cancer mate , throat & neck  ,  surgeries / treatment ..general poking / prodding lol      Good & bad days ,  limited mobility ,  just what you dont need when you want to get physical & active , hence the half arse neglected grow this year lol     Just keep the good fight and what will be will be mate.  

Much appreciated my friend :george:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Rega Planar 1, a Rega IO amp and a pair Q Acoustics 3020i speakers, one of which is wall mounted and I have upgraded the mat and the belt on the turntable

I also use a 160gb iPod Classic which sits on a Pure i10 Dock and I sometimes plug the laptop in, I am thinking of upgrading the iPod to something like a FIIO M7 which plays FLAC files, the iPod doesn't even know FLACs exist.

• Like 2

Yeah I saw people discussing it a few months ago, made me smile. Still I'm surprised by how many adopted it as a new standard, especially when DSD is so widely available (just got a new media player for my headphones, DSD is by far the biggest difference I've heard in resolution, compared to CD)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's ON !!!      New big van purchased  ,  numer plate purchased ,   120 x 40 x 3mm  CDS steel box section spec'd & ordered  ,  need to sort sound deadening next nd get in in before the steel frame ,  let the madness begins :yep:    

To save clogging up this thread im going to move the project across and make my own This Years Offerings a rolling diary as opposed to yearly and include the van build :yes:

The van was brought home today  ,  its had a full once over and im pleased ,   1 owner and low miles,  older van but as its going to live for approx 2 - 3 yrs ... i dont care lol  

So this will be the last post in here and will move it over into my own from now.     

@Shumroom  @Seasick Steve    will tag a few other interested parties in , need to go back through the pages.   :yep:

@Hashslag     @Mugwuffin

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...

My iPod Classic died on me yesterday, it's quite old to be fair but I love it. 

I'm thinking of getting it repaired but I'd also like some suggestions for a good quality MP3 player, one that plays FLAC files would be a bonus, it needs to have around 160GB storage and interact with iTunes, budget around £200.

So far the one that catches my eye is the Fiio M7.

BTW I can play music at home with no problems as all my music is on my laptop but I have to have my music in the car and the lappy isn't really practical.

2 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

My iPod Classic died on me yesterday, it's quite old to be fair but I love it. 

I'm thinking of getting it repaired but I'd also like some suggestions for a good quality MP3 player, one that plays FLAC files would be a bonus, it needs to have around 160GB storage and interact with iTunes, budget around £200.

So far the one that catches my eye is the Fiio M7.

BTW I can play music at home with no problems as all my music is on my laptop but I have to have my music in the car and the lappy isn't really practical.

Scratch that, I've managed to get it working again...:skin_up: