If Time Travel Is Possible

WeedIsFree

You lot never seen the butterfly effect?

Go back to 'fix' something but it makes something else much worse... because events aren't isolated, you can't just change 1 thing

Bernard's watch would do me fine @

A *much* better film (little known) is "Retroactive"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retroactive_(film)

Well worth a watch if you can get it.

• Like 3

Bernards Watch was the bollocks! :yep: Man, I used to love that as a kid, having a watch to freeze time would be so fucking cool - the mischief making possibilities would be endless,not to mention you could just stop time for a couple of hours to have a decent lie in before work etc...I want one!

• Like 1

Bernards Watch was the bollocks! :yep: Man, I used to love that as a kid, having a watch to freeze time would be so fucking cool - the mischief making possibilities would be endless,not to mention you could just stop time for a couple of hours to have a decent lie in before work etc...I want one!

I bet it's not as cool as Jamie's Magic Torch

• Like 5

I would go back to the sixties, get on a boat and go to America.

I'd go see the Doors and Jimi Hendrix in concert, I'd go to Woodstock, but Woodstock would be full of time travellers wouldn't it?

Maybe meet Ken Kesey and the merry pranksters?

Maybe I could take a short ride on "Further"?

Save my pennies from my job and take a trip back to England, go see Hawkwind and The Pink Floyd.

Live a simpler life.

I think I would like to change the future though thinking about it.

Maybe bring back some medical knowledge and help save lives?

But I suppose I could save the life of Bob Jones who could turn out worse than Hitler? Maybe I have to leave things the way they are?

I could go back and see Easter Island before all that touristy crap happened to it. Go and visit the hash shops in Nepal's Freak Street.

Learn martial arts from Bruce Lee!

You could do so much...

• Like 1

ive seen quantum leap ..the flipside of dominic hyde yes ...the ripple effect caused by being in the wrong place in time or deviating from your personal timeline ..1.21 jiggawatts no messing

• 1 year later...

So the back to the future thread got me thinking...

If you could go back in time, when would you like to go back to?

I would probably go back to the late fifties and live through the sixties and seventies.

Get me a boat over to America and see Kerouac and Kesey, hop on the magic bus and see the merry pranksters, have some orange sunshine and trip the fuck out.

Take the electric cool aid acid test with Tom Wolfe.

See Woodstock and Hendrix at the isle of white.

See Hendrix, the Doors, Sabbath and follow Hawkwind like some tripped out monk.

Drive the cars and motorcycles that I think are cool.

If I had to go to the future I would, try and bring back technology or ideas. I know this would be against the rules but I would try and make the world a better place. Bring back a cure for cancer and give it to the world for free or something along those lines.

• Like 1

So the back to the future thread got me thinking...

If you could go back in time, when would you like to go back to?

Past - just before settled agriculture. Americas or northern Europe.

Future - when we can choose to live forever and have the ability to travel the universe.

• 2 months later...

B trying to stop A is probably what caused A to happen in the first place.

If time is theoretical or needed by us to comprehend reality we should absolutely be able to manipulate it.

I would have one that goes back say 16 weeks. Just about right for nipping back to plant some seeds lol

It would be a real bummer to find that you had been nicked in the meantime though :yinyang:

I would see how I got on with that little bit of time travel before being any more ambitious.

• Like 1