• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greengiant2020

• vince noir rock n roll star

• net2-3

• ratdog

those white pointy bits look like roots, never seen that before

Neither have I, hopefully they come out good otherwise will have to get some more and start over with them. Will see what the third one has to offer in a day or two.

I'm concerned those white pointy bits are the first true leaves and they've been scorched by compost, light or dry environment. 5f it is I've done something similar and the leaves grew out fine, just with white, scorched looking tips. Good luck with the grow :headpain:

Have you thought about leaving them out in the sun during the day and then bringing them in for a few hours of HPS in the evening?

I'm concerned those white pointy bits are the first true leaves and they've been scorched by compost, light or dry environment. 5f it is I've done something similar and the leaves grew out fine, just with white, scorched looking tips. Good luck with the grow :spliff:

Have you thought about leaving them out in the sun during the day and then bringing them in for a few hours of HPS in the evening?

I also thought about a burn from the compost but none of the others have shown this. A little update, the seedling with only one cotyledon turned out to be a dud and has now gone to the big bong in the sky. The white-tipped seedling has now turned all green, and looks as if nothing ever happened.

Looks like I got here just in time.. good luck with the gro greengiant. Seem like an interesting strain I'd like to try ;)

Good luck with your grow Greangiant.

I'm doing a few Sweet seeds autos this year including two Speed Devils but mine are all being grown outside (after a short period indoors to get established). It will be interesting to see how yours get along.

Peace :spliff:

Edited by VoodooRay

Cheers for the replies all. I'm seriously considering ordering another batch to try outdoors. If we have just a few weeks of sun like we did a couple of weeks ago this summer then they would have the best chance to yield well. The third seed that was pushing up the soil has also turned out to be a one-cotyledon'd mutant :ninja: and is already giving up much as the other one did, so there is only one remaining and she seems just fine.

I'll order some more soon and it will be sweet seeds autos that i do try just because i hear lots of good things about them so i'm not willing to let this one bad experience put me off, now just a choice of which to put out there. Speed devil or big devil, hmmm :sadwalk:

Well the lil lady with the unknown white bits has recovered and is pushing out her new leaves. The leaves that had the white tips are now rounded off, like the tips were cut off, so its a good chance that it was infact burn from the compost like mentioned before, but shes fine now and much like the over-watered lemon skunk seedling she's recovered and growing now. I'm glad I didnt totally give up on the third one that came up with only one cotyledon, i threw it outside thinking i'll use the pot later when i need it, but when i went to check, it has a first set of leaves now so it didnt go the same way the other one did, she is now getting lots of sun in the day and hps at night along with the other one.

I'm glad i'm making mistakes early on rather than later towards harvest, if when i'm posting pictures etc, any of you spot something about to go wrong please feel free to warn me, without decent comments i cant learn from my mistakes until its too late.

Pics coming later when they go back under the hps.

:unsure:

Ok, I don't know what she's upto... Upon closer inspection to take the picture, I see that she is now already growing two side branches rather than growing upwards? Other one looks perfectly normal at the moment.

I'll be ordering another batch of seeds next week, will be sweet seeds but not sure if i'll go for an auto or try my luck with their sweet cheese.

post-54834-1273405688_thumb.jpg

Dear oh dear... Well regardless of what she was trying to grow on those sides it's probably no longer a factor due to being squished by the light :v:lol

I've left her to see if she comes back, it's almost like im destined to only grow one of these girls. Another noob lesson learned well. Light is now on a secure fitting with easy rollers to raise and lower it, I totally forgot i even had them :(:yep:

When the next seeds turn up i'll start a fresh thread so you can all see that I am actually able to do this stuff properly, grrrrrrrrrr :v:

Guest weedmonsta

unlucky m8.... seems like everone who has grown the sweetseeds had had some kind of accident , theyre cursed i tells ya! :yep:

seriously though i would prop her up m8....she might recover if not too badly damaged, they are hardy little plants....

unlucky m8.... seems like everone who has grown the sweetseeds had had some kind of accident , theyre cursed i tells ya! :offtopic:

seriously though i would prop her up m8....she might recover if not too badly damaged, they are hardy little plants....

Cheers wm, I've propped her up with a little twig but not holding out much hope on that one. All I want is a smoke, has been months, :unsure:. Out of interest which seed vendor do you use for your sweet seed purchases (and other breeders of course?)?. If we cant talk about those on here would ya mind pm'ing me which you use? I haven't been able to find many and would like to see what ranges are on offer for different prices and with all the stories I hear of people being ripped off I don't know who I should use or whether to stick with the one I used to get these.

Guest weedmonsta

Hi m8... i have been lucky enough to have all my sweetseeds strains given to me

first ones were moham ram, green poison and speed devil.... these were given to me to do my comp diary

the new ones.. big devil, snowfruit and s.a.d were my comp prizes....

and the ice cool i was given as a cutting by a good kind friend

I would buy direct from sweetseeds tho m8, i think theres more chance the seeds have been stored correctly

(my local head shop/seed seller stored his in a box under the counter in a very warm shop, a chance they have dried out too much? not a risk im gona take)

Btw if you need to buy seeds, just check the links at the bottom of the page

Edited by weedmonsta

Hi m8... i have been lucky enough to have all my sweetseeds strains given to me

first ones were moham ram, green poison and speed devil.... these were given to me to do my comp diary

the new ones.. big devil, snowfruit and s.a.d were my comp prizes....

and the ice cool i was given as a cutting by a good kind friend

I would buy direct from sweetseeds tho m8, i think theres more chance the seeds have been stored correctly

(my local head shop/seed seller stored his in a box under the counter in a very warm shop, a chance they have dried out too much? not a risk im gona take)

Btw if you need to buy seeds, just check the links at the bottom of the page

Lucky fella indeed. Cheers for the reply. I was thinking of ordering direct as well but had seen attitude and herbies being quite popular so wasn't sure whether to use either of those. I'll go looking through the sweet seed seedbank bit but i cant see an english option on the actual seed list section, so shall look around on here to see what other people have done well with.

Ty again.

Guest weedmonsta

there is a button top left of where it says `euro` on there website m8..click th union flag m8

btw if you go threough attitude you can get a discount at checkout by putting code 420..

and you get free seeds

Edited by weedmonsta