Speed Devil Fem'd

greengiant2020

Strain: Sweet Seeds Speed Devil

Well, it's been a few years since I managed to get any lil ladies growing. I have a 250w hps in a cupboard but i'm trying to decide, Should i start them on windowsill (lots of sun during the day) for four weeks and then put them in on 18/6 or 12/12 under hps? Or, weather being well, should i leave them out under natures light bulb until the end?

I've got them in paper towel and will leave them 24 hours, then put them into bnq seedling compost to start. Then they'll be going into either miracle gro compost of john innes multipurpose for the final push.

Will keep this updated as things happen.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greengiant2020

• vince noir rock n roll star

• net2-3

• ratdog

Welcome to the site GG lol As soon as they crack i`d get them under the light but a good 2-3 feet away for a while, don`t want to dry them out lol

Welcome to the site GG lol As soon as they crack i`d get them under the light but a good 2-3 feet away for a while, don`t want to dry them out lol

Ok straight under the hps they'll go then. I was considering doing some of the old lemon skunk seeds i had 12/12 from seed, would the auto speed devils be ok in there under 12/12 or would it be best to have them at 18/6 do you think?

Thanks for reply.

Well i planted 2 of the three seeds i had of the speed devil, alongside them are the last 2 lemon skunk seeds i had from before. One speed devil and one lemon skunk have poked their heads above the soil, so i'll be calling this day one ;)

I'll get a pic or two of the new girls to put on here later.

I'm still wondering how the sweet seeds speed devil will fare in a 12/12 250w hps room? The lemon skunks are being grown 12/12 from seed in there under the hps and so it's only possible to have that as a grow room for them instead of just leaving them outside. Would it only be yield that is affected by the 12/12? Or would it have other bad effects on the plants?

Cheers all.

Guest weedmonsta
speed devil will fare in a 12/12 250w hps room

when i grew speed devil i flowered her under 12/12 ended up with 2oz dry off 1 plant but that was with a 400w hps

good luck m8

e2a: check link in my sig to see her

Edited by weedmonsta

speed devil will fare in a 12/12 250w hps room

when i grew speed devil i flowered her under 12/12 ended up with 2oz dry off 1 plant but that was with a 400w hps

good luck m8

e2a: check link in my sig to see her

Thanks WM!

A little update before I try putting piccies on later, the remaining speed devil seed has just been planted and will be a windowsill grow to see how they do in a south-east facing window, the ones already germed are having two weeks of sun (when its sunny) and hps when its cloudy, then they all go under hps for 12/12. This will at least give all plants a couple of weeks to mature a little, but i need to keep them short and stout, if they're anything like the nirvana snow whites i did 12/12 from seed then they should do well, but using autos is new ground to me, so will keep the thread updated.

I've been trying to add pics today but for some reason it keeps saying file size is too large? I've checked and they are well within requirements. I'll try again in a while.

Well, the two sweet seeds speed devils that are already germ'd have now apparently decided not to be so kind. One of them has grown what looks like half a leaf instead of two full ones and the other seedling hasnt progressed beyond having two little points where the first leaves should should grow? I'll cross my fingers for the third to come out looking healthy otherwise it was wasted pennies if these two dont pick up. Media is standard levington seed compost with nothing added at all, the bagseed and dna lemon skunk seeds all popped and grew perfectly in it and are now going onto their next and final pots to go 12/12 while still young.

Anyway i'm off to attack this picture upload button again, until then happy growing all.

Guest weedmonsta

make sure the total of the pics is less than 350kb.... you can have 1 at 350 or several smaller ones,

i use irfanview to reduce the size of my pics

wack your pics into paint and then reduce size down by say 30% that should do the trick ..btw love me a speed devil :smoke:

I have shrunk them down using photoshop, the largest is now just 90kb... still wont go on??

it could be the width and height ratio not the file size

Guest weedmonsta
..btw love me a speed devil :rofl:

snap...but i now have big devil :smoke: will be trying 1 outdoors soon, waiting to germ at the moment :taz:

..btw love me a speed devil :yep:

snap...but i now have big devil :rofl: will be trying 1 outdoors soon, waiting to germ at the moment :yep:

Excellent, let me know how she does outside. One of the speed devils here will be a windowsill grow to see how it does, half a day of full sun, will be in multi-purpose compost with a hint of pre-rotted manure in the bottom as a lil bit of grub later on. I still think im gonna order some more seeds though and put some up next to the cabbages...

Ok... Noobiness out of the window, pics were my fault. Sure i had resized them perfectly, sure they met requirements.... but selecting the original files to upload instead of the edited ones was rather stupid :yep:. :yep:

Gonna start fresh with this thread now...

So, to sum up i've got 3 feminized speed devil seeds, germ'd two of them and they have both come up, the third is juuuust pushing the surface up now. One of them will be kept on the windowsill to see how she does on there. The other two will be going under a 250w hps in 2 weeks time, 12/12 from the start (due to growing some others 12/12 from seed).

I also messed up my days before...note to self... label the pots if you have more than one strain, then you dont look a muppet when it comes to saying which is which...So you can pretty much disregard what ive said already, im back on track now so start from here :rofl:

So, this is day 3 for the first seedling to be pushing up, day 1 for the second dude, now onto the probs i mentioned before. One of them (second to start coming up) appears to only have one Cotyledon (seedling leaves), but as it moves upwards i can see it has the little points/starters of its first true leaves, should this still be ok? The first one that came up, has only the little points as well but atleast it has both Cotyledons, should the tips appear white though? (see pic). I don't recall that happening in previous grows and it didnt happen with the bagseed that has already begun growing either. The third one to rise is still merely a bump in the compost so updates on her when she wakes up.

So, here they be. Day 3 for the one with the white pointy bits :( Day 1 for the one with only 1 cotyledon. Oh, the first one is bent over because i had them on windowsill to germ and it reached for mother-sunshine, will be straightened up in no time. Will get a better pic of both with other camera once the second has straightened up.

post-54834-1272723730_thumb.jpg

post-54834-1272723745_thumb.jpg