Fast Bud

kookachu

Hey net, yeh they do look pretty picturesque under the CFL.. the smell is musty, thick n warm a d reminds me of the smell of my old blue hash plant (my avatar).

Nah, I appreciate ur advice dude.. I fed 3ml bloom nutes per litre and 3ml last time, but just so I can put it in my 'things I learned today' book.. what makes you say they look hungry and in need of epsom salts? :smoke: Will be watering at 6pm so I'll give em some ES aI will remove the leaves.. put that down to over stoned-ness :)

Edited by kookachu

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kookachu

• net2-3

• abeyoyo

• Oldboy71

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey net, yeh they do look pretty picturesque under the CFL.. the smell is musty, thick n warm a d reminds me of the smell of my old blue hash plant (my avatar).

Nah, I appreciate ur advice dude.. I fed 3ml bloom nutes per litre and 3ml last time, but just so I can put it in my 'things I learned today' book.. what makes you say they look hungry and in need of epsom salts? :) Will be watering at 6pm so I'll give em some ES aI will remove the leaves.. put that down to over stoned-ness :yep:

Sounds like a good smell, nice and comforting like a big cannabis blanket ;)

Is that 3ml Biobizz? If so give a little grow too, I reckon they'll appreciate the extra nitrogen.

When plants are hungry they strip nutrients from the lower leaves to feed the growth at the top of the plant. This shows up as the lower leaves first lightening and then turning yellow and becoming completely necrotic (i.e. dead), you will also see purpling of the leaf veins and petioles (the bit between the stem and the leaf itself) .

Not sure about the magnesium from your pics but that shows up on the lower leaves, it can be distinguished from ordinary hunger because its initial effect on the leaves is to cause inter-veinal chlorosis (the leaf gets lighter and turns yellow in between the veins), have a look at this link (click me) and decide for yourself lol

Hope this helps you :spliff:

Hey, good to see you mr. sherbert!

They're going pretty good... not taken pics lately, but have addressed the nitrogen and mg defs... they instantly looked better after some gro nutes and are crystaling up beautifully. Thanks for the pointers net.. it all makes sense regarding the underfeeding; and I feel I should have spotted the mg def.

Test bud off the most mature looking was about 20% clear, 80% cloudy trichs so I think they've got at least a week left, and a couple may even go another fortnight or more... especially seeing as they're in under 12/12 now too.

Will sort out some pics tonight..

Well I know I've been slacking with the photos and updates, as I'm having a few technological and logistical issues but thought I'd give a quick report... yesterday I checked trichs and 2 were 50/50 amber/clear so they got chopped. They're pretty nice (although not yet dry), very sweet/musky/skunky smell. Not the hint of diesel claimed by SS.. although perhaps after the cure.

Two of the other three are at about 25/75 amber/cloudy, so thinking they'll be ready to chop around tuesday/wednesday, and the last one is a giant and looks like I may even be a 10 or 11 weeker (given light is on 12/12 too...)

Will definitely sort out smoke report, harvest pictures and final dry weights...

This journal is not dead yet lol:spliff:

I'm totally baked, but got round to organising a catwalk and a bit of herbal sacrifice this evening.

This littl'un was around 70/30 amber/cloudy today.. boom..

gallery_45407_2668_39399.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_54731.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_92.jpg

These two are going for another 10 days or so..

gallery_45407_2668_24246.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_190740.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_168490.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_200569.jpg

The smoke off the two chopped what ever day it was .. thrree days ago is pretty heady.. but also rather lightweight. it's about on a par with the average stuff I pick up when i buy it.. gets me fkked but nothing special.. the taste is very spicy/earthy despite having a sweet smell... definitely the most mediocre weed to come out of the closet, but i'm not judging.. just happy to be high.

reckon i'm looking at just under a zip off both of the first two.. sounds slightly disappointing, but it's a fuckload of weed, just without any density. and besides, at what i calculated to be around £21 per plant this gro.. a £42 oz is cool :yep: even if it's a bit average :)

to be honest these first two ain't gonna cure as i'm gonna smoke em, but I feel the one i chopped today will be a fair judge of the strain.. and the remaining two can stay in there til they start to die or I run out of weed.. :soap:

All's coming along well.. the third one has been drying for 5 days and smokes pretty nice.. it basically filled the 18 holed egg carton. i'll plonk it in there for another week then into the jars for a week or two. looks like around 30g.. but will sort out an actual weight next week..

The last two's trichs are still mostly cloudy so I'm gonna wait til they're totally amber.. at least 80%. the buds are still fattening too, and no rush to chop.. the space would be handy for the others 17 days into flower, but i bit my tongue tonight instead of hauling em down..

gallery_45407_2668_125389.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_28750.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_39006.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_172363.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_168202.jpg

Getting busy in there..

gallery_45407_2668_55681.jpg

:wink:

Have a good one all!

Day 72 and beyond...

well, I chopped the final two plants after 72 days.. the trichs weren't totally amber, but I read somewhere the other day that some strains don't always even go amber :doh: I kinda need the space for my other plants 3 weeks into 12/12.

So it's more glory shots from the Fastbud.. here's the last two plants.. one trimmed, one not..

gallery_45407_2668_163458.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_158711.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_140287.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_215328.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_29367.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_38803.jpg

Here's some of the 3rd plant which is waiting to be cured.. she weighed in at 22g dry.. not bad.

gallery_45407_2668_59123.jpg

gallery_45407_2668_157904.jpg

I will fill out a comprehensive smoke report later this week and file it :D

Want to thank Sweet Seeds for the delectable seeds, net 2-3 for some sound advice.. anyone who looked at this thread and all the people who wrote in those threads that helped me. Oh, and my pet tortoise; couldn't have done it without his words of encouragement.. lol

e2a - here's why I need to free up the spce :D

post-45407-1271278769_thumb.jpg

Edited by kookachu

Day 72 and beyond...

well, I chopped the final two plants after 72 days.. the trichs weren't totally amber, but I read somewhere the other day that some strains don't always even go amber :yep: I kinda need the space for my other plants 3 weeks into 12/12.

Want to thank Sweet Seeds for the delectable seeds, net 2-3 for some sound advice.. anyone who looked at this thread and all the people who wrote in those threads that helped me. Oh, and my pet tortoise; couldn't have done it without his words of encouragement.. lol

e2a - here's why I need to free up the spce lol

post-45407-1271278769_thumb.jpg

Great pics, looks like the final results are very pleasing :), looks like your environment is spot on. I think the Joint Dr is definitely to be recommended for anyone wanting to try autos. Glad to be of help, you're right about the amber trichs, most strains don't develop true amber trichs. If the trichs go cloudy and then go to a non-translucent amber then the plant is overripe. You only want to hang on for amber trichs in some sativa dominant plants whose trichomes go amber whilst remaining translucent, i.e. they don't go milky first.

Can't wait to see how you get on with the next plants, are you going to be keeping a diary?

Hey net, thanks again. not sure I will keep a diary as such.. a bit busy with loadsa shit coming up in the next couple months but will be hanging around UK420 and will do a load of smoke reports and albums full of the girls in flower and being hacked to death :wink:

Smoke Report

Variety/Cultivar name: Fastbud

Breeder: Sweet Seeds

Lineage if known: unknown

Vendor: Attitude

Price: £29.99 for 5

under what wattage mh/hps: 600w HPS

how many sq feet: 10 sq ft

soil/hydro: biobizz allmix soil

nutes: biobizz nutes, guano

height: 65cm

yeild: of the 5 plants it ranged from 12 – 23g, 14g average

smell rating 1-10: 6

comments on how she grew: very easy to maintain, probably would have taken more food if I had given it. Never had any troubles whatsoever. Found that (as my first finishing auto-flower strain) her side branching was extremely tucked into the main cola and some slightly earlier, very light LSTing, similar to what I did (holding biggest side branches out 3 - 5cm with ties) would almost certainly have improved yield and the quality of lower buds, imo.

==================================================

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. Visual Appeal: 7

Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.

2. Visible Trichomes: 6

Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear:

Cloudy: 60%

Amber: 40%

Dark:

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown:

Green: 6

Gold:

Blue:

Grey:

White:

Red:

Rust: 2

Orange: 6

Purple:

Black:

5. Bud density: 5

Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ]

Berry [] Floral [4] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]

Blueberry [ ] Fruit [] Lemon [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum/Fuel [1]

Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine-sol [ ]

Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[] Menthol [ ] Pineapple []

Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [2] Mint [5] Rotten [ ]

Chocolate [ ] Hash [] Mold [ ] Skunk [6]

Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [] Spice [2]

Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]

Coffee [ ] Lemon [] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ] Soapy []

7. Aroma: 7

Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

8. Seed content: 0

Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc):

Vaporizer (enter the brand name):

Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass):

Joint (enter brand of papers): Slim silver king size Rizlas, drum tobacco 50/50 mix

Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [2] Licorice [ ]

Berry [ ] Floral [3] Mango [ ] Pepper [1]

Blueberry [ ] Fruit [] Meat [ ] Petroleum/fuel [1]

Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]

Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [2] Pineapple [ ]

Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]

Chocolate [ ] Hash [4] Mould [ ] Skunk [5 ]

Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [4]

Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]

Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ] Soapy []

3. Taste: 6

Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

Comment:

4. State of dryness: 6

Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

comment:

5. smoke ability: 7

Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

Comment:

6. Smoke expansion: 3

Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

Comment:

1. __[2 – 3 joints]__ Dosage

Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

Comment:

2. __[4]__ Effect onset

Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. __[7]__ Sativa influence

Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa

influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. __[3]__ Indica influence

Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica

influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing

effect that affects the body.

5. __[5]__ Potency

Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. __[3 hrs]__ Duration

Indicate the duration of time that the effects lasted.

7. __[9]__ Tolerance build up

Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this

field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability

Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day

to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.

Morning - wake up [9]

Day - work [8]

Evening - relax [9]

Night - sleep [8]

9. __[7]__ Overall satisfaction

Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. __[5]__ Ability and conditions

Ability to judge the sample and the conditions in which it is judged 0-10 newb-head

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this

strain a keeper for long term use?

Yes []

No [X ]

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe.

Negative Positive

Effect Effect

__[1 ]__ __[ ]__ Appetite

__[3 ]__ __[ ]__ Anxiety relief

__[4]__ __[]__ Paranoia relief

__[ ]__ __[9]__ Sex drive

__[2]__ __[ ]__ Sleep

__[ ]__ __[8]__ Pain relief

__[8]__ __[]__ Ability to rest or sit still

__[5]__ __[ ]__ Thought process

__[2]__ __[ ]__ Speech process

__[ ]__ __[7 ]__ Imagination/creativity

__[ ]__ __[9]__ Humor perception

__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Visual perception

__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Audio perception

__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Taste perception

FINAL COMMENTS:

The plants are a very nice smoke.. (although yet to taste #4 & #5). very heady to begin with, which evens out after some time and leaves one in a nice state of numbed relaxation.. definitely a mood lifter. They smell absolutely beautiful when crumbled, and the taste is a bit more acquired.. my sister swears all she can taste is hash.. I find them to be kinda 50/50 skunky/floral tasting with a hint of mint, diesel and spice here and there. The problem is that personally, I find it very very more-ish. I can (and have been) smoke this strain all day.. 12 joints or so and still roll one for before bed. I am slightly disappointed with the yield but I feel conitions are never perfect and there's always room for improvement. More feed would have helped, I could probably have pumped em up wit some molasses but didn't get around to it. Ultimately these plants perfectly served their purpose which was to make sure I had enough weed when the other ladies flower, so that I won't be chopping buds and branches off early :smoke: mission accomplished.

I'll make sure I post a fuck load more pictures in the album, and on this thread as and when they become available.

Edited by kookachu

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, thought i would just share this pic of a little fastbud bubblehash.. mostly 75 micron melt lol Is verry nice.

post-45407-1272463638_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Your fastbud looked nothing like mine :headpain: , ive just finished a run with two of em in 7.5 litre pots.. mine were tall, just under 90cm

5 weeks from seed..

post-29309-1273267953_thumb.jpg

7 weeks..

post-29309-1273268187_thumb.jpg

9 weeks.. finished..

post-29309-1273268627_thumb.jpg

52g from one plant and 54g from the other which was done under a 250 watt duel spectrum sunmaster hps and a 250 watt red clf, lights on 20/4 and 24 for the last two weeks, nice smoke.. quite uplifting high although one of the phenos did not have as longer lasting high i thought when compared to the other which was spot on.. :rofl:

Edited by Oldboy71

post-29309-1273269743_thumb.jpg

well impressed with em when thinking about these plants being auto's.. very nice stone and good yields.. :stoned:

Edited by Oldboy71