Fast Bud

kookachu

Hi all,

This is my 3rd grow.. and decided to give Fast Bud a try after disappointment with some Lowryder 2 from a dodgy batch last grow. Can't really find any grow journals on Fast Bud so I started this.. especially handy that the breeder stops in from time to time on the forum. Very interested to see how long it (really :rofl: ) takes, and what the yield and quality is like.

I'm workin with a 125w CFL for 2 weeks then a 600w HPS. Using Biobizz soil and nutes as well as molasses, guano and bonemeal.

Germinated all 5 feminised Fast Bud seeds on 26th Jan and all but one popped thru the soil on 30th. In the picture is some other strains too.

Watch this space..

:yep:

post-45407-1265037408_thumb.jpg

Edited by kookachu

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kookachu

• net2-3

• abeyoyo

• Oldboy71

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck with them man.

People think I'm a canna snob when I choose to say what I think about lowrider :spliff: I just know they're no good though. It makes me wonder how many first time growers have been put off growing their own through having a bad first grow or two with lowriders. Anyway, good to see your now growing something worth the time and effort. I'm growing some sweet seeds at the moment. I quite like them. Hope you get some nice ones too. :yep:

Good luck with them man.

People think I'm a canna snob when I choose to say what I think about lowrider :smoke: I just know they're no good though. It makes me wonder how many first time growers have been put off growing their own through having a bad first grow or two with lowriders. Anyway, good to see your now growing something worth the time and effort. I'm growing some sweet seeds at the moment. I quite like them. Hope you get some nice ones too. :yep:

Cheers for stoping in dude. I intially got the Lowryders to be able to chop em and then flip the other strains to 12/12, but the LRs screwed up...the main problem was that the other plants didn't cure as long as they should before I smoked em. I was banking on the LRs :smoke: I don't know whether to draw judgement of Lowryders...I've seen nice plants of theirs online so I guess I was unlucky - even so "unlucky" @ £45 for 5 fem seeds is a bullshit excuse. If good things come from the FastBud, I won't ever buy LRs again. Basically will do the same thing this time around, but actually harvest half way thru the grow. Checked out your journal..looks good man. Just waiting for some excitement my end now, :ninja:

:unsure:

edit-just for reference the other strains going are 7 hashberry, 4 blue cheese, 1 royal kush, 1 pineapple express, 1 california hash and 1 white widow lol

Edited by kookachu

speed devil was very nice from the things i read.this fast bud is faster than devil isnt it?

Yeah only after getting Fast Bud, Speed Devil caught my attetion. maybe hope to try some more sweet seed strains in future. Fast Bud says '6 week flowering indoors' so I guess it depends when they start to flower. Speed devil supposed to be ~60 days from seed..if Fast bud flowering kicks in after 2 weeks or less, I guess it could be chopped at ~56 days from seed? :bangin:

Seedlings (central 5) are looking fat and sturdy.. no real stretch and bigger leaves than all the other strains.

post-45407-1265261965_thumb.jpg

Edited by kookachu

grew like 30 easyryder like 6 months ago, done them in NFT and the things finished out 160cm if not more. lights were as high as they could go(2m).

finished witth 66g per plant dry weight pretty much

they are fun, but don't believe everything you read on the packet, just let nature run it's course.

good luck mate

Edited by elasticband

grew like 30 easyryder like 6 months ago, done them in NFT and the things finished out 160cm if not more. lights were as high as they could go(2m).

finished witth 66g per plant dry weight pretty much

they are fun, but don't believe everything you read on the packet, just let nature run it's course.

good luck mate

Good stuff dude; that sounds like a pretty hefty yield for autos.. aiming for 20g+ dry per auto t o last me. I agree it'll be down to nature in the end..no amount of planning can stop me checking trichs 15 times a day from week 6 onwards :rofl:

well i always count a week more than what the companies say;)

good luck man.

Amen :rofl:

Thanks very much for the input.

Hi there, will be sticking around to see how these Fast Buds turn out if that's alright. I grew some Joint Dr's Lowryder mix and thought they were quite good, especially compared to the couple of Lowlife's autos that I grew. Good luck with your girls, the Sweet Seeds seem good to me :B):

Good Luck with your fastbud, I will be dropping in with interest to see how they pan out.

I like autoflowerers, I think they have a bad name becuase of the first one, Lowryder. I also reckon that there is a little bit of snobbery going on, traditional growers just dont like the idea that Autoflowering strains have improved and can now hold their own in terms of potency, for less effort and time.

Im nearing completion of my 3rd Auto Ak47 grow, I think it is a great smoke and no less potent than some of the traditional grows I have done, in some cases more so. Certainly not a daytime smoke...

Edited for spelling

Edited by there_will_be_bud

Thanks for stopping by...the more the merrier :)

I did contemplate Auto AK47s for this grow, but they were out of stock :angry: Will look to try and get some next time around if they are recommended. Also looked at Lowlife Auto blueberries instead of these but read mostly negative things about them and they were pricey.

Personally I really want to like autoflowers, becuase for the reason I would intend them I can harvest bud at different times... they could definitely work for me. The concept is a really attractive one.. I just need to see whether I think these are worth the money and effort.. the LRs weren't unfortunately.

Well, I watered yesterday with 0.33ml of Humic Acid per litre ph'd to 6.8.. the littluns loved it. Planning on potting up to 1 litre pots on 13th Feb. Also, sorted out a ghetto air conditioning unit (fan blowing onto an ice cream tub full of water) to keep RH up above 65% and trying to keep temps around 21c.

post-45407-1265563490_thumb.jpg

Edited by kookachu

Personally I really want to like autoflowers, becuase for the reason I would intend them I can harvest bud at different times... they could definitely work for me. The concept is a really attractive one.. I just need to see whether I think these are worth the money and effort.. the LRs weren't unfortunately.

Well, I watered yesterday with 0.33ml of Humic Acid per litre ph'd to 6.8.. the littluns loved it. Planning on potting up to 1 litre pots on 13th Feb. Also, sorted out a ghetto air conditioning unit (fan blowing onto an ice cream tub full of water) to keep RH up above 65% and trying to keep temps around 21c.

All looking good in there, I've found keeping humidity high in the early stages when they're not transpiring much water can be tricky but it sounds like you've got on top of it nicely. In my experience there's nothing wrong with autos when they work, it just seems there's a lot of unreliable strains out there. From what I've sen you should hopefully be happy with the Sweet seeds though. I've just ordered some fast buds and will be covering them in my diary, I'll definitely be lurking around here to see how yours get on lol .

All looking good in there, I've found keeping humidity high in the early stages when they're not transpiring much water can be tricky but it sounds like you've got on top of it nicely. In my experience there's nothing wrong with autos when they work, it just seems there's a lot of unreliable strains out there. From what I've sen you should hopefully be happy with the Sweet seeds though. I've just ordered some fast buds and will be covering them in my diary, I'll definitely be lurking around here to see how yours get on :blues: .

With reagrds to keeping the RH up.. my work is freelance so I have my alarm set to go off every 2 hours so I can go spray em and turn them all 90 degrees to the right :D Tedious, I know...but I find trying to maintain an optimum environment, with only an ice cream tub full of water, a fan and 99p B&Q foliar feeder a good challenge :rofl: I know what you mean though, I went out today for a few hours and when I got back RH was down to 33% :unsure: lowest it gets when I'm hanging around all day is about 50%.

Yeah I agree, strain reliability - or a lack of it, is the problem. Plenty of choice out there, but not one strain (or breeder) screams out at me to purchase it for one reason or another (until the sweet seeds strains) and almost every strain seems to have someone online saying how shit it is; in comparison to standard flowering strains, in which there are probably 10 or 20 dead cert strains to grow for a certain outcome; yield, quality, speed etc. Hope fully the AF scene in still in its infancy.

Not much to report. They're gettin bigger.. lol The y seem to be yumming down the humic acid... just trying to not overdo it. Might stick em under the HPS on sunday too.

post-45407-1265852995_thumb.jpg