• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kookachu

• net2-3

• abeyoyo

• Oldboy71

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I spent 4 hours today cleaning the space with HPS in and potting all the plants up, which in turn means I'm totally baked having paced the whole operation out with a few joints :realcool: Should probably have done it a few days ago judging by the roots. Root mass in 11 day old Fastbuds was impressive. More than any of the other strains.

All the Fastbud gone into 11 litre (final) pots.

Never transplanted wet before.. but found it much easier than dry - the way I did it every time in last grows.

All are under the HPS now, and am sorting out hanging the CFLs in there too. Temperature in there is around 21c ambient and 25c at "canopy".. thinking it may get cold at night though. RH is stable at around 45%..that's fine for me.

Bunged a spoonful of bat guano about 2 inches from the bottom of the Fastbud pots too.. except one 'control' one to see if I notice a difference when they reach it.

I need to borrow my mates camera now they're under the HPS.. so will sort some pictures out later today. I'll make sure I do.. tiny plants in huuuge pots are funny :ninja:

Edited by kookachu

Well I spent 4 hours today cleaning the space with HPS in and potting all the plants up, which in turn means I'm totally baked having paced the whole operation out with a few joints :rofl: Should probably have done it a few days ago judging by the roots. Root mass in 11 day old Fastbuds was impressive. More than any of the other strains.

Never transplanted wet before.. but found it much easier than dry - the way I did it every time in last grows.

Surprised you ever made it through potting up all those plants, must have been quite a job to do while baked :unsure:

The autoflowerers develop roots very quickly, I think it must be a trait of Ruderalis.

AFAIK you should always pot up wet, I think it holds it together and helps prevent a boundary forming between the old rootball and the new compost.

Surprised you ever made it through potting up all those plants, must have been quite a job to do while baked :rofl:

The autoflowerers develop roots very quickly, I think it must be a trait of Ruderalis.

AFAIK you should always pot up wet, I think it holds it together and helps prevent a boundary forming between the old rootball and the new compost.

Hey net, Yeah, it's always the way.. shall i be constructive or have a joint first? Hmm.. Most of the time spent was distributing soil and washing my hands in between smokes. Oh well, the tortoise wins the race :rofl: And to be fair, I find I'm much more tedious with attention to detail when I've been smoking. I piss myself off with it, but in a way I suppose it may help subconsciously.

Potting, like I say, it was much easier and seemed to stress the plants very little and definitely held together well. I always just thought it was down to personal preference, but when I did it dry it was ten times messier and the plants would never look terribly stressed, but generally didn't grow for a few days or so.

A few hours after I transplanted this lot and introduced them to the 600w they drooped like shit... I swear I never had any that looked so near-to-death..but a light foliar feed and a 20/4 light schedule and they look beautiful again today. I think I over-saturated the soil when transplanting.. first time and everything...

Also, for some reason the grow space temperature rocketed to around 30c at canopy and 26c ambient; I dug out my other 2 old fans and stuck them in there with the 2 good ones.. and it's around 27c and 23c, respectively - all with lights on. Maybe it's because the grow space is rammed... only ever had 11 maximum in there before but now there are 18.

There are no problems..only solutions :soap:

Edited by kookachu

I think I over-saturated the soil when transplanting.. first time and everything...

So long as the water ca run off freely from the bottom of the pot I don't think this is possible. You should always water until you get runoff from the bottom of the pot, especially after potting up. So long as you've been watering gradually and evenly once you have run off the compost is holding as much water as it possibly can. :rofl:

Hope they enjoy their 600W :rofl:

I think I over-saturated the soil when transplanting.. first time and everything...

So long as the water ca run off freely from the bottom of the pot I don't think this is possible. You should always water until you get runoff from the bottom of the pot, especially after potting up. So long as you've been watering gradually and evenly once you have run off the compost is holding as much water as it possibly can. :D

Hope they enjoy their 600W :smoke:

Shit, well I didn't water at all after the pot-up cause I thought I'd over-saturated, but I did today just after lights on...usually try to go for 10% runoff just by looking. I've no actual method for it. Thanks man, I'll remember that for next time about watering after transplant.

I think they're taking to the HPS now too...they all look pretty perky and healthy. Mostly dark green but a few with yellow new growth (underfed??)

Two of the fastbuds have almost doubled in size in the last 2 days since the transplant. I'm so worried they're gonna be males after the Lowryder palaver... gotta have faith :B): The kush seems to want some early pot bondage (stretching like a hedgehog in spring lol) I'll try and get some better pictures today.. shame I have to cut the resolution by 50% to meet the upload size restrictions :smoke:

Glad the Fastbuds are coming on nicely, I'm sure if they're happy you should get some fems as you have a few of them. Underfeeding will show as yellowing of the lowest oldest leaves. Is the new growth definitely yellow and not just a paler green? If you have yellowing on new growth you need to work out what is wrong. How close is the HPS as it could be bleaching (that's what I managed to do the first time I put them under HPS. Otherwise are your temps OK as i could be a micronutrient deficiency from nutes being locked out by cold compost.

Anyways good luck they look top