Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Guest hantshaze

Mornin all.

Thanks for that info GN.

Just checked out canna's grow caculator.

How modern and upto date these sites are nowdays :spliff:

its worked out the full nutrient grow guide for me and you even get to choose hard or soft water.

I think its hard ware I am, so could'nt be betta.

Really if you wanted you could feed by ml and not ec?

I will get a ec meter though, gonna need all the tools now :wink: that I'm going hydro :yep:

GN

would you say all the nutes on there chart are needed. i e 13~14 & boost?

Boost is big bucks, would you say it does what it says on the tin?

All so have you GN or P&Q rooted cuts strait into coir or would you say its betta using r-riot cubes?

One other thing whilst I'm going on, what is the best for the money ec meter.

I have a hydrogarden essentials ph meter would the matching ec metre be any good? There about £40.

Cheers fella's

hantshaze........... :notworthy:

Edited by hantshaze

Guest peace&quiet

Morning Hants.

Get a bluelab ec truncheon if funds allow.

I always use little rockwool cubes ( 1") for rooting clones.

Never tried putting them straight into coco.

p&q

morning p&q,

how are you finding the taste with the Hesi grown buds?

morning GreenNinja,

Has the Canna coco nutrient fed bud been the best for flavour you have tried so far?

I am coming from growing years in compost and BioBizz nutes and the flavour is great, most hydro grown bud i have smoked, with the odd exception, smokes more potent but i found the flavour to be non descript between strains. Most probably down to the grower but thats my experience.

Guest peace&quiet

Morn Savage..hows things mate? Hope your well!

Personally I dont find anything wrong with my buds also had a few friends comment on how good it was,in saying that Ive nothing to compare it with..I wouldn,t Hesitate in recomending it to anyone. :)

p&q

Hants -

If it's ease of use you're after, check out the Canna UK Grow Calculator. It's how I started in coco and it changed my life :)

GN

Do you find the calculator to be reasonably accurate or does it come down on the heavy side? I ask because none of the fertiliser companies seem to recommend realistic dosage rates for soil or hydro.

Really if you wanted you could feed by ml and not ec?

would you say all the nutes on there chart are needed. i e 13~14 & boost?

Boost is big bucks, would you say it does what it says on the tin?

All so have you GN or P&Q rooted cuts strait into coir or would you say its betta using r-riot cubes?

One other thing whilst I'm going on, what is the best for the money ec meter.

I have a hydrogarden essentials ph meter would the matching ec metre be any good? There about £40.

Hants -

1. If you're using the Canna Calc, you'll start feeding by ML not EC once you're happy with it (i.e. I only check the EC at the end now, because I know what the mix will come out to, and my tap water doesn't change much - maybe 0.1EC fluctuation). But you shouldn't do it without checking the EC.

2. Yes....but this is a controversial point. I grew using the Canna Calc and doing it by the book and got outstanding results. If I were you I'd do 1 complete grow using their entire range. You'll get amazing crops and from there you can then tailor it down to see what you really need. I was so impressed I stuck with it for a year or so. Since then I've changed and tailored it a bit (e.g. many people use Boost at 1ml/l instead of the recommended 4ml/l....however others swear by it and use full strength).

3. Root stuff directly into 3" cups of loose coco and you'll be golden. Half fill the pots with coco, root them in, and then repot INTO THE SAME POT but put the other half of coco back underneath (i.e. plant the rooted clone on top in the same pot). You get to stack the roots, and more importantly get to see them root faster when there not so much coco to go through :yinyang:

Chris - when my mates used Hesi at recommended strength they burned the shit out of their plants. Obviously they want you to use more. Canna are more reputable and you don't toast your plants when used as directed (which I think speaks volumes for Canna's integrity).

Savage - I've only tasted buds grown in Hesi and Canna, and the Canna is my preference by a mile. I'm now growing in B'Cuzz and I think it's even better than the Canna, but it's personal taste. It has made my Blue Cheese and Evening Standard (both mothers of mine) much richer in their smells, and much 'truer'. The Evening Standards recently chopped on pure B'Cuzz were bigger and tastier than the ones grown on Canna, and a fraction of the price (e.g. entire B'Cuzz Coco range (AB, Booster, Bloom Stim, 50 of coco) costs £60 and has a great dilution ratio). The downside is that it's a complete pig to get dialled in and is a lot of guesswork. Atami/B'Cuzz are shit about sharing info, so it really is a big black hole. Worth the effort if you can be arsed...

GN

edited to fix typo "they burned the shit out of their pants" :spliff:

Edited by GreenNinja

Guest hantshaze

cheers for you a1 reply, once again, GN :yep:

got problems with my girls atm, fungal I think so gonna go shoping this morning and buy all my coco stuff. Cheer me up a bit lol

Thanks once again fella :spliff:

hantshaze........

Guest hantshaze

Only mee!

Right gonna go shopping this morning and this is my shopping list,

1 x 8 pot auto pot system £92.30.

Canna coco pro 50ltr £12.65.

Canna start 1ltr £8.93.

Canna coco a + b 10ltr £34.89.

Canna rhizotonic 1ltr £29.00.

Cannazym 1ltr £15.99.

Canna pk 13~14 £12.99.

Canna boost 1ltr £45.95.

Blue lab truncheon £62.95.

Ph down 1ltr £7.99.

-------

£323.64.

Fuck me the canna nutes are'nt cheap. Hopefully I'll get out what i put in :spliff:

Do you think i should get any think else or buy bigger bottles at slightly cheeper price's

I mean on the canna feeding guide it says use rhizo basicly all the way through!

Any thoughts would be cool.

Going shopping at 10 this morning.

Hantshaze.......

Guest peace&quiet

:santa:

Hesi starter kit = £40 :yes:

Expensive stuff Hants matey,especially for your first go,I went for hesi because you get everything in their starter pack & you can just top it up when something runs out,spose if you got the cash tho its entirely your choice mate..

What about growers ark range..you looked into them?

Anyway what ever you decide bud,wishing you all the best with your first coco run.

p&q

Guest hantshaze
:yes:

Hesi starter kit = £40 :D

Expensive stuff Hants matey,especially for your first go,I went for hesi because you get everything in their starter pack & you can just top it up when something runs out,spose if you got the cash tho its entirely your choice mate..

What about growers ark range..you looked into them?

Anyway what ever you decide bud,wishing you all the best with your first coco run.

p&q

morning p&q mate!

I no what your saying bro £40 is fuckin cheap.

The way i see it though is it only has to put 2 oz + on my coco grow and I've got my money back.

Plus I get all the auto pots & truncheon for ever. If you no what I mean.

They dont sell growers ark at my local'ish grow store, well i dont think they do. Betta just check!

Not gonna start with the grow for a few weeks yet, but I cant wait to get stuck in lol

Cheers for ya help once again p&q :santa:

hantshaze.......

hantshaze, Thats a lot of different nutes for your first time dude. If I were you I would save my cash and get some of the stuff owd uses. If its not for a few weeks till you start your grow then just buy the nutes online.

It makes me curious why people spend shit loads on nutes and additives just to make things more complicated. More Variables = more things to go wrong

Personally, I buy a box of Chempak #2 for £3.99 and that makes 2000L for veg and a box of chempak #4 @ £3.99 for bloom and does 2000L too. I have not used any root stimulator's or anything before and I don't see my buds are lacking in any way.

Anyway.. Its your cash and your time and possibly your grey hairs..

stay cool

Only mee!

Right gonna go shopping this morning and this is my shopping list,

1 x 8 pot auto pot system £92.30.

Canna coco pro 50ltr £12.65.

Canna start 1ltr £8.93.

Canna coco a + b 10ltr £34.89.

Canna rhizotonic 1ltr £29.00.

Cannazym 1ltr £15.99.

Canna pk 13~14 £12.99.

Canna boost 1ltr £45.95.

Blue lab truncheon £62.95.

Ph down 1ltr £7.99.

-------

£323.64.

Fuck me the canna nutes are'nt cheap. Hopefully I'll get out what i put in :applause:

Do you think i should get any think else or buy bigger bottles at slightly cheeper price's

I mean on the canna feeding guide it says use rhizo basicly all the way through!

Any thoughts would be cool.

Going shopping at 10 this morning.

Hantshaze.......

Hiya m8 the boost isnt worth the dosh, drop it and get the larger cannazym, you will use ust as much cannazym as the A+B. just my 10pence worth.